View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Looking for a New Car. Drummers' Advice Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Nobody does diesel in the US. I'm not sure why. The fuelling infrastructure's there.

I've had two Honda CRV's, & they're superb practical luggers, if not a little uninspiring to look at. Super reliable though, & economical too, in diesel form especially. Doh, forgot the diesel option thing again ;)
I do, I ended up with an Audi, a bit on the pricey side but it was worth it for me. It's the A3, 45 mpg if I go 55 to 65. I can not understand why there are not more diesels in the US. To me, it's a mistake.

The VW Golf (I think) has the same diesel engine and gets a little better gas mileage. They can fit a lot of stuff in the back too, great open hatchback.

I am very happy with the Big D, the newer the better. Blu-Tec seems to keep it clean. When you stomp on the accelerator, you can still see the car behind you. In the old days, that was a diesel technique for cloaking. Hit the gas and everything disappeared.

Please let us know how the Kia does.

I also have owned a Honda Element, the BEST when it comes to carting stuff, The LAST when it came to 4 Cylinder gas mileage.