View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Renegade

Default Re: Good nutrition ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by resohead View Post
"It's [organic food] a bunch of bull," he said. "How do you know what's really organic? Today, there's all these impurities in the water and the air. The water for the fruits and vegetables has junk in it. If you get enough vitamins and minerals out of normal food and whole grains, and you get enough proteins and exercise (that's the key), then nature builds up a tolerance to all of these things. It's survival of the fittest. You can't have everything perfect, that's impossible, but the fit survive."

Jack Lalanne
I reckon Jack's being intellectually lazy. How do you know? You don't. How do you know they don't put dog gizzards in McDonalds burgers? You don't.

You hope they play fair. You figure they won't want to risk getting put out of business, but you don't know.

Maybe they are adding some Intestine a la Canine but they pay off someone important so they'll never get caught?

Maybe the CEO figures that he'll be in Rio with the loot by the time they find out about Des Liver D'Labrador?

We don't know - but we trust. Same with organic. I think it's important to eat healthily with lots of fruit and veggies (organic or whatever) when you are maintaining a suite of enjoyably unhealthy habits ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite Zephyr View Post
I switched to organic cigarettes. Do you think that'll help?
Hah! How do you know they're organic?? They might have been rolled with the husked shells of the tobacco beetles that ate the crop due to lack of pesticides ... some of those new cheapo Chinese brands taste like it!

Soundcloud stream