View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 03:49 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: ...for the jazz cats ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvdadrummasum View Post
ever read a book bro?

ever take a jazz history class?

ever study documented commentary on these very subjects?

....maybe read an interview or even watch the Ken Burns movie at least ?

....gee I wonder who "these guys" are .....who could they possibly be

even if he wasnt the very first to do it....who cares?

c'mon dude

enjoy your weekend night arguing on a message board

I'm off to two gigs......have fun with this guy
Goodness gracious. I don't see the need for that. Don't get so worked up, so scattered, and please don't take any of this this personally. It all really amounts to nothing, don't you know that?

Myself, I'm off to cook a delicious, juicy and succulent New York strip. So you enjoy your two gigs and I will enjoy my cooking.

You see, I love steak. I've loved steak all my life, since I was a kid. Nothing else does what a steak does, whatever it is that a steak does.

I used to think that the ultimate steak was cooked over a charcoal grill. Now I know that this is not true. The most delicious and tender steak I can make is cooked on a skillet.

I researched this a lot on the internet. What I found was that I didn't know a damn thing about cooking a steak. So I had to learn, I wanted to do this, I really did. And here is the method I arrived at to make a perfect steak every time.

I like a New York strip, so that's what I use. I let the steak get to room temperature, just sitting there for awhile. You must do that.

I take my favorite skillet, one that I've had forever, a wide skillet with a thick bottom, and I put it on a burner that's set to medium. You want to heat up your skillet, see.

Meanwhile I put sea salt and ground pepper from the mill on both sides of the steak, a good bit of it, lightly pressing it into the meat.

You can tell when your skillet is hot enough when a drop of water skids along the surface. It takes a little while. That's when I put in about a tablespoon of olive oil.

Then I lay my steak in the pan. It sizzles a good bit but everything's under control.

I let it cook for four minutes, because I like a rare steak. When it's been cooking for four minutes I turn it over, and I add a chunk of butter to the pan.

The butter and olive oil make a sort of sauce that I spoon over the steak while it's cooking. When fours minutes have gone by I turn the steak over one last time and let it cook for, oh, almost but not quite a minute.

Then I put it on a plate and pour the olive oil and butter sauce on it. It's great! Tender, juicy and succulent, packed with flavor. Ambrosia.

Not that this has anything to do with jazz.

Last edited by con struct; 06-16-2012 at 04:07 AM.