View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Old Ends, New Starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
Yep. Others are more objective judges of the "package" we offer than we are.
It's going to be a case of 'first rehearsal' to determine whether they're going to want me or not but so far I'm quite excited. It's better in my view to get an offer from people that you haven't previously known because it's easier to be professional in that situation and so far I have been left with an utterly professional impression of this band. They're a class act. I'm a victim of fortune - there aren't many reliable drummers around here. This isn't certain yet but in a few weeks I will know.

Andy, I certainly was chirpy when I visited you. You and your family were most accommodating and friendly. I learned a lot on that trip and you have my sincerest gratitude. I'm prone to appearing fine most of the time to other people but I genuinely was quite chipper at that point!

I'm just going to do what I can to make sure I land this gig. Hard practice to a metronome and sorting my act out. There's a lot of space in the music that I've heard so far so it's crucial that I can nail the time first take. I also need to work on making sure my snare tone is consistent and my right foot is planted well. Nothing I can't do but there's now some impetus!

Thank you all for your thoughts.