View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Pollyanna's Agent

Default Re: New band problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadLeader View Post
1) no wifes/girlfriends/friends at rehearsals...
In most of the bands I played, we always had the wifes/girlfriends/fan friends coming to rehearsals from time to time, it can be good, it depends on the behaviour of the "guests" and the effect upon the practice, and to video a rehearsal is beneficial IMO, it will highlight both the good and bad elements in the music we play.

Quote:
2) ditch the daft image. We aren't an Oasis tribute act
For some, image is as important as the music itself, however, the "right" image is important, in some cases the "dull and boring" image just won't do, the same way as the "wrong" image is concerned.

Quote:
3) LEARN YOUR GOD DAMNED LYRICS
Lol, I agree :)

Quote:
4) Concentrate on singing and learning the songs at this stage instead of showmanship.
Correct, but nothing's wrong into developing some showmanship, it goes along with the "image" concept.

Quote:
5) Stop trying to run when we are only on the toddling along stage.
Patience is a vertue, but in some cases, "faking it" has proven to be worthwhile.

Quote:
Or do I walk out (I'm tempted to) and find another band. The last thing I want is aggro or upset. I'd hate to hurt any of the guys, the singer included's feelings...I think I'd rather walk away mutely than lose some good friends. And they are good friends.
That's an alternative, but my guess is that you'll probaly going to leave many bands before you'll find the "right" one, if they're good friends, an open discussion with your band on all the topics you described is probably a better option.

Last edited by Mad About Drums; 06-10-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling and adding comments