View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: New band problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SticksEasy View Post
Unless of course, it's just for fun - in which case, who cares? But if you guys are hoping to get serious, then you have a lot of problems.

I will also say, that I am blessed when it comes to my wife. She always help me with my equipment, never has a problem with me needing to be with the band. My band mates actually wrote a 'thank' segment for the inside of the record we just finished to her for being such a good sport about them 'taking me away' so randomly.
Started out as 'just for fun' but who doesn't want to get some gigs done to see how they go :-))
I do think there are problems...but frankly maybe the problem is mine rather than their's.
I think I need to take it up with them and find out what the score is.

The wife thing...it's interesting to hear a different perspective...for me it just doesn't feel right but perhaps it more the 'norm' than maybe it once might have been.

I'm a miserable old traditionalist really...rehearsal is band time....end of (I've always thought). Can't have frank exchanges of views on musical issues when some blokes cat is waiting to pounce on your for pointing a finger at her hubby...

But your post makes me think perhaps I'm a bit misguided and need to stop being such a fossil