View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 04:06 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hello, I'm Derek from Rockland, ME.
I'm 33, been playing for 16 years, and my main gig right now is a local open mic night. Think rods/brushes etc. for mostly acoustic guitars

My drums: Mapex Pro M 5-piece rock kit maple/basswood/maple 12', 13', 16' 22' kick 14' Pearl Brass Sensitone Snare 10 lug ( I also have the matching wood snare that came with the kit 14' eight lug that I sometimes use for a mellower sound.)

Cymbals: Zildjian A customs 16' Crash, 18' Fast crash, 13' Hit Hats, A series 21' Sweet Ride (for lighter stuff/acoustic) Z Custom 20' Power Ride (For rock, blues. etc.) 16' Oriental China

Sticks: Zildjian 5A, Vic Firth Maple 5A, Vater Whips and Stick Whips (drumstick/whip), Vic Firth Rutes and Jazz Rake brushes

My drum heros: Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters, Stewart Copeland (The Police), Chad Sexton of 311, Ringo, Charlie Watts, Bonham, Jaime Oldaker With Eric Clapton Stan Lynch (TP + Heartbreakers), Steve Ferrone, Abe Laboriel Jr., Tyler Stewart With BNL, Don Henley of the Eagles (such taste and great timekeeping!) Phil Rudd of AC/Dc, Joey Kramer, Chad Gracey (Formerly with Live) Steve Gadd, Max Weinberg (Springsteen), Hal Blaine, Bily Ward, Chad Smith (great drummer, great guy! Now a R&R Hall of Famer!), Matt Cameron, Jack Irons, Steve Jordan, Chris Layton, Zoro, and many many others!

Cheers, guys!