Default Re: DRUM INSTRUCTION DVD REVIEWS

NAME:
CHAD SMITH: RED HOT RHYTHM METHOD
STAR RATING:
# # # #
WORDED RATING:
Hilarious and visually educating.
TARGET AUDIENCE:
funk drummers of all levels. inspirational for beginners and very informative for intermediate players.
PUBLISHED BY:
Warner Bros
DESCRIPTION:
a different instruction DVD. not serious until the actual playing starts. then its very hard driven and musical punk. Chad is a larger then life character and flea sits in and shows that he is a top bass guitarist. nice descriptions of grace notes and the half time shuffle here. chad has a great single bass drum technique but he doesn't really explain it. though there is a foot camera so if you watch carefully you can learn a lot. he clearly is a big bonzo fan. he does a nice bit on his tom tuning technique ... which is as unscientific as they come but still cool. this guy knows how to groove. his beats are huge and exciting. actually i have discovered a kindred spirit in this DVD. Chad is a slightly more advanced version of me. his approach, tools and jamming technique are similar to mine.

so its a DVD with some of the top chilli peppers songs and some joking but over all very inspirational.

http://youtu.be/fBQeCcBVUCw