DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Search Forums

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: jondrums
Forum: Drums 01-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 699
Posted By jondrums
Re: Stanford Uni. Marching percussion

more on topic - I think we used 2B almost exclusively while I was there. That was only because somebody figured out a deal with an offbrand stick company to get several hundred pairs of sticks for...
Forum: Drums 01-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 699
Posted By jondrums
Re: Stanford Uni. Marching percussion

You're partially right. About 90% of the band members really are not very good musicians and just want to rock out. The other 10% are serious about the craft of music and could have made it into a...
Forum: Drums 01-02-2016, 08:07 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 699
Posted By jondrums
Re: Stanford Uni. Marching percussion

I played drums in the Stanford band '94-'00.

We used to let in anyone who wanted to play regardless of ability - I assume they still do. Folks with no prior musical ability became "mugs" (I...
Forum: Drum Technique 12-24-2015, 06:30 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,150
Posted By jondrums
Re: Bob Marley transcription

no problem - I selfishly wanted a higher res. copy. I've been working on reggae and this is a perfect example of some stuff I wanted to sharpen up on.
Forum: Drum Technique 12-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,150
Posted By jondrums
Re: Bob Marley transcription

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff105/jondrums/belly%20pic_zps4c0wgftn.jpg (http://s237.photobucket.com/user/jondrums/media/belly%20pic_zps4c0wgftn.jpg.html)
Forum: Drum Technique 12-13-2015, 06:54 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,502
Posted By jondrums
Re: 1000 bpm single stroke roll

Thanks all - I will follow up the hints so far.

Yes I meant sixteenths at 200bpm is what I can do cleanly and relaxed right now.

As to why - I think its good to have a goal. Working on this...
Forum: Drum Technique 12-10-2015, 07:13 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,502
Posted By jondrums
1000 bpm single stroke roll

For the last couple of years I've been working towards the goal to be able to play a single stroke roll at 1000bpm (sixteenth notes at 250bpm or sixteenth triplets at 166bpm). While I've made good...
Forum: General Discussion 10-20-2015, 05:06 AM
Replies: 43
Views: 2,784
Posted By jondrums
Re: Scaling down your kit. Experiences and thoughts?

I've been playing lately with kick/snare/floor/ride/crash/hats (rock/funk/soul/blues). Honestly, its been great having less options and being forced to be musical with less.

A few years back, I...
Forum: General Discussion 07-23-2015, 09:40 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,054
Posted By jondrums
Re: Looking for some kind of visual metronome slave unit

I use this and set it up so the rest of the band can see. The "moving" LEDs do the trick visually.
...
Forum: Drums 05-08-2014, 02:51 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,258
Posted By jondrums
Re: Camco Oaklawn drums: ringing lugs

Thanks all, will post an update when I figure out the culprit.
Forum: Drums 05-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,258
Posted By jondrums
Re: Camco Oaklawn drums: ringing lugs

It is kind of a spring/sproing type of noise, which I believe to be the springs in the lug. There is nothing else on the 12" drum to rattle since it doesn't have a mount
Forum: Drums 05-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,258
Posted By jondrums
Camco Oaklawn drums: ringing lugs

I'm about to completely disassemble and clean my Camco Oaklawn kit (12/14/20) with the hope that I can eradicate what I think is ringing in the lugs. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how best...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

 

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com