DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drummers (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bobdadrumma (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90444)

larryace 05-04-2012 01:17 AM

Bobdadrumma

What's up dog? You OK? Haven't seen you around much.

bobdadruma 05-04-2012 05:50 AM

Re: Bobdadrumma

I've been around, I just haven't posted much lately.
I'm real busy.
Playing with 4 bands. Two of them gig.
I downsized and moved to an apartment on my younger sisters estate. (Getting Old, LOL)
I didn't want to own a house anymore.
I have new girlfriend.
Full time Day Job
You know, Livin the life.
Thanks for asking.

How are you?

Red Menace 05-04-2012 09:05 AM

OMG LOL!! ROFL!!

Maybe you guys should just be friends on Facebook...

larryace 05-04-2012 09:14 AM

Well Bob is so well liked here that I thought others may be curious about him too, so I went public with it. Now I know that Bob has left his house and wife and is going through some significant life alterations. Bob I hope you're happy man. That's job one.

I'm OK. Not really. I've been posting like a madman here, I have no electrical work and very little gigs this month and I'm panicking and really want to punch someone.

Red Menace 05-04-2012 09:26 AM

'preciate you taking my sass in stride Larry. Maybe it's time for a drum restoration project? Something old-school...

Bob, Hope you're well. Maybe this thread is the time to show off all your kits as it is named after you. What is ol' Bob playing these days?

larryace 05-04-2012 09:34 AM

Yea, let's celebrate Bob. Bob sounds like he could use a little love right about now. Yo Pol, give this guy some phone sex or something! Oh that's right! he doesn't need that now! You go Bob!

BacteriumFendYoke 05-04-2012 10:05 AM

Sending the love your way, Bob. Not that you necessarily want English, bearded, more-than-slightly-overweight depressive love. But that's what you're going to get.

Bo Eder 05-04-2012 10:24 AM

That does sound like a big life change! Wishing you luck out there, Bob!

aydee 05-04-2012 10:33 AM

Bob, great to hear you gotta hapy new life. Enjoy it!

Pollyanna 05-04-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryace (Post 995239)
Yo Pol, give this guy some phone sex or something!

Holy Harry-Met-Sally, Batman!

Actually, I've never done phone sex before. Closest I came was one time when I had a heavy breather on the line. I thought he was my flatmate goofing around so I was egging him on ... you know, stuff like "C'mon, is that the best you can do? Put a bit of heart in it!" etc ... and his panting got heavier and heavier ... and then my flatmate walked into the room ... oops.

In hindsight I found it especially weird because the experts always say that phone weirdos get off on fear and outrage so you should speak calmly, if at all. Theoretically me jokingly egging him on shouldn't have, well, egged him on. One of life's little mysteries ...

Anyway ... Bob, it sounds like you've gotten your life well organised. Seems like much of these good things stemmed from you applying some self discipline to your life. Well done, mister! It's not easy - or so I'm told.

keep it simple 05-04-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobdadruma (Post 995179)

I have new girlfriend.

Well, that just about explains it then. New rudiments to practice eh? :) Does she tune up nicely without muffling, Bob?

bobdadruma 05-04-2012 01:24 PM

Thanks all, I have recently undergone many changes in an effort to make me a batter person.
I am still working toward my personal goal of self improvement.
It has been a tough journey.
I still have much to do to complete my task of rectifying the past and securing the future.
I have been supported by many good people such as yourselves that care and I thank you all.

MaryO 05-04-2012 01:45 PM

Wow, Bob...quite the transformation going on there...and it seems as if your efforts are paying off. Good for you! Just stop by and visit us once in a while, we miss you! Hugs to you.

Mary

Mad About Drums 05-04-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobdadruma (Post 995179)
I'm real busy...

You sure are ... good to hear it, good luck with all projects Bob :))

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryace (Post 995239)
Yo Pol, give this guy some phone sex or something!

oooh.. man :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 995269)
Actually, I've never done phone sex before. Closest I came was one time when I had a heavy breather on the line. I thought he was my flatmate goofing around so I was egging him on ... you know, stuff like "C'mon, is that the best you can do? Put a bit of heart in it!" etc ... and his panting got heavier and heavier ... and then my flatmate walked into the room ... oops..

Haha... a classic :))

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep it simple (Post 995270)
Does she tune up nicely without muffling, Bob?

Oooh my... I don't know which one's worst... (best?) ....Andy or Larry :))

aydee 05-04-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobdadruma (Post 995276)
Thanks all, I have recently undergone many changes in an effort to make me a batter person....

Thats such a wonderful drummer typo........ Im having a hard time resisting all the 'reso' comebacks

keep it simple 05-04-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aydee (Post 995284)
Thats such a wonderful drummer typo........ Im having a hard time resisting all the 'reso' comebacks

Haha, yes, a classic drummer typo indeed :)

Good onya Bob. A big journey, but I really hope you're starting to ride the crest now :) Thinking of you.

bobdadruma 05-05-2012 01:08 AM

I'm LMAO right now, Batter! Oops.

Balto 05-05-2012 01:13 AM

Glad to see things are starting back on track. You are one of the good ones on here. Oh, and don't worry, you didn't miss anything!

bobdadruma 05-05-2012 04:43 PM

It is a real good feeling to know that I was missed enough to have a thread about it.
You guys are the best.

larryace 05-05-2012 04:56 PM

Yea Bob I had noticed you were conspicuously toned down here, so I sent out a search party with St. Bernards equipped with those little barrels around their necks. I filled them with Patron, I don't know what they usually put in there..Have you seen them? Perhaps it was more party than searching?

bobdadruma 05-05-2012 07:24 PM

I believe that they used to put brandy in the little kegs around the rescue dogs necks.
Drinking alcohol would actually be detrimental to survival if one were exposed to the elements and was cold and dehydrated.

harryconway 05-05-2012 07:39 PM

Welcome back .....
The brandy barrel myth, is just that ....
"In media
St. Bernards are often portrayed, especially in old live action comedies such as Swiss Miss, the TV series Topper, and classic cartoons, wearing small barrels of brandy around their necks. The brandy was supposedly used to warm the victims that the dogs found. The monks of the St. Bernard Hospice deny that any St. Bernard has ever carried casks or small barrels around their necks; they believe that the origin of the image is an 1820 painting by Edwin Landseer, perhaps Alpine Mastiffs Reanimating a Distressed Traveler (which became a popular engraving in 1931 by Charles Landseer).[17] The monks did keep casks around for photographs by tourists.[18]"
And actually, the real rescue dogs didn't even look like the St. Bernard we know today.
"The classic St. Bernard looked very different from the St. Bernard of today due to cross-breeding. Severe winters from 1816 to 1818 led to increased numbers of avalanches, killing many of the dogs used for breeding while they were performing rescues.[5][6] In an attempt to preserve the breed, the remaining St. Bernards were crossed with Newfoundlands brought from the Colony of Newfoundland in the 1850s, and so lost much of their use as rescue dogs in the snowy climate of the alps because the long fur they inherited would freeze and weigh them down.[7]"

larryace 05-05-2012 08:05 PM

Harry, thanks for that. I really go for that kind of stuff.

Bob, if you please...
Recordings of your new bands (I really liked the last jazz tune you posted)
Pics of the new lucky lady

The place just isn't the same without you. We want old Bob back.

bobdadruma 05-05-2012 09:42 PM

I don't have any recordings as of late. If we record I will post some.
You really don't expect me to post pics do you?
No, I am not going to post pics. Sorry.

larryace 05-05-2012 09:53 PM

No, I'm just trying to get you to smile. Hey Pol should be at 10,000 by now. I'm gonna see what she's up to.

jim_gregory 05-06-2012 01:14 AM

Sounds familiar Bob. I recently divorced, lost my house and jam space, and everything else, on the third band in a year. and live in a shoe. But still working and still playing. New girl too.

bobdadruma 05-06-2012 05:14 PM

Good to hear from you Jim, Glad that you are moving ahead.

GRUNTERSDAD 05-06-2012 05:38 PM

Phone sex? He said he has a new girlfriend!! Jeeze.

And you know this is a drummers Freudian slip,

.. undergone many changes in an effort to make me a batter person.

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching to the stars.

jim_gregory 05-07-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobdadruma (Post 996279)
Good to hear from you Jim, Glad that you are moving ahead.

We have no choice Bob. Things will be good. It's hard for a while though. Busy is our friend!

Netz Ausg 05-07-2012 06:52 PM

Glad to hear things are looking up, Bob. I'm going through some shit like yours too now bro, so it helps to know there's light at the end of the tunnel. Keep it up!