DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What's your favourite version of 21st CSM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86456)

Pollyanna 01-25-2012 04:53 AM

What's your favourite version of 21st CSM
 
Just a silly, whimsical thread ... wondering about your favourite version of 21st Century Schizoid Man:

1. The studio version (1969), Mike Giles drums http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBfCzhYbWBk

2. Live - USA (1974), Bill Bruford Drums: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W04ZifAjKJg

3. Live - Earthbound (1971) [with Boz sounding like Ozzy lol], Ian Wallace drums: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5frD2QpidGc

4. Cover by the Crimson Jazz Trio, Ian Wallace drums: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE6Ptqw3DYc

5. Other ???

6. None.

I always liked the original studio version best ... until I heard the jazz trio version :)

8Mile 01-25-2012 05:23 AM

Re: What's your favourite version of 21st CSM
 
The original, for me. The most raw energy and spontaneity for my money's worth. The live version with Boz is close.

ambientgreg 01-25-2012 05:51 AM

Re: What's your favourite version of 21st CSM
 
Da dunt dunt ta da dada dididi dididi dididi dididi ( the original, please, thank you).

Bo Eder 01-25-2012 06:02 AM

Re: What's your favourite version of 21st CSM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 949002)
Just a silly, whimsical thread ... wondering about your favourite version of 21st Century Schizoid Man:

1. The studio version (1969), Mike Giles drums http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBfCzhYbWBk

2. Live - USA (1974), Bill Bruford Drums: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W04ZifAjKJg

3. Live - Earthbound (1971) [with Boz sounding like Ozzy lol], Ian Wallace drums: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5frD2QpidGc

4. Cover by the Crimson Jazz Trio, Ian Wallace drums: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE6Ptqw3DYc

5. Other ???

6. None.

I always liked the original studio version best ... until I heard the jazz trio version :)

There was another version done with accordion, banjo, and autoharp that was pretty slammin' ;)

Pollyanna 01-25-2012 06:37 AM

Re: What's your favourite version of 21st CSM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo Eder (Post 949064)
There was another version done with accordion, banjo, and autoharp that was pretty slammin' ;)

Is there a link, Bo? :)

Bo Eder 01-25-2012 07:06 AM

Re: What's your favourite version of 21st CSM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 949084)
Is there a link, Bo? :)

I was just kidding. I may have to hire said accordionist, banjoist, and autoharpist to hear it. In my head it's awesome ;)

harryconway 01-25-2012 07:09 AM

Re: What's your favourite version of 21st CSM
 
I always likes April Wine's take on it .... 1982 .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDnxlw5sVhc

patrice 01-25-2012 09:32 AM

Re: What's your favourite version of 21st CSM
 
Look People. (Canadian band.)

Unfortunately, I couldn't find their version online.

Here's one of their originals (to give you an idea re the sound):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1b-mGb-qJU

Patrice

Pollyanna 01-25-2012 09:38 AM

Re: What's your favourite version of 21st CSM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo Eder (Post 949091)
I was just kidding. I may have to hire said accordionist, banjoist, and autoharpist to hear it. In my head it's awesome ;)

Oh, you scamp, you!

How about violins, violas, cellos and double basses?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWS3ofzuiMU


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com