DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drummers (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jordan Mancino (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859)

Vater 07-26-2005 11:25 PM

Jordan Mancino

if u have not heard jordan mancino of as i lay dying u r missing out he is very talented at double bass and is very very quik if u have not heard him u need to look into it

Speedy 07-27-2005 12:05 AM

Re: Jordan mancino is awesome

Jordan Mancino rocks dude! I have Frail World Collapse and Shadows Are Security. His drumming is awesome. Double bass is extremely fast. Watch the 94 hours video and see Jordan double bassing like crazy while doing the helicopter swing with his hair! I wish my hair was that long! lol. Great metal drummer.

Elemental Nausea 07-27-2005 03:34 PM

he is not bad, but not specially outstanding in the huge amount of good metal drummers

beatz 07-28-2005 04:26 AM

That dude is sick, the As I lay dying stuff is good!!!

jonathan 09-10-2005 02:00 PM

yes i love as i lay dying and his drumming. he has a great charism i think
does somebody of you know where you can get trouth drums?

CartersChops 09-10-2005 03:37 PM

He is certtainly a big deal. As i lay dying is a huge up and coming metalcore band. He appearently has the rediculous speed ( refer to their song 94 hours) to match up to the metal drummers in the industry, he just chooses not to show it off in every song. What he does do is provide extremely solid flawless performances that makes as i lay dying as powerful as they are. Ive never seen them, but word of mouth tells me jordan and as i lay dying are one of the most flawless live acts on the scene today.

Smoky_McPot 09-10-2005 03:40 PM

I agree with Elemental to a degree. I would say he is excellent but the strongest part of his drumming in that song is his chops. Not a bad song either.

alienworkshop227 09-27-2005 01:17 AM

Jordan Mancino

Jordan is the best double bass player ive ever heard, im sure there are more out there, i just dont know about it. If you know any faster, tell me i would lik eot konw who they are!!

thanks

mediocrefunkybeat 09-27-2005 01:20 AM

Re: Jordan Mancino as i lay dying

Try the search button there, we have dozens of threads dedicated to double bassing...

Speedy 09-27-2005 01:24 AM

I like Jordan Mancino..I was just listening to them about five minutes ago! lol I wouldn't say he is the fastest double bass player, but he is pretty good at it, I will say that. 94 hours was cool and the bursts of double bass in Empty Hearts was good.
Listen to the double bass Dave Lombardo does on Angel of Death at 4:24 or Ambassador of Pain by Kataklysm. Tell what you think of those two songs.

Speed

alienworkshop227 09-29-2005 05:17 AM

yea i could only find ambassador of pain(good doouble bass pedal, super fast, but i dont like that kind of metal, i guess its becuase its like people against God. like at the beginning its like we will make it to heaven, plus i dont like real deep throat screaming like that but yea it is good double bass, he has good long endurance, i would be getting reallllly tired...

DW_DRUMMER0301 10-03-2005 03:49 AM

JORDAN MANCINO=AWSOME!!!

drummer for as i lay dying rocks
PHP Code:

[IMG].<div id=vpdiv><embed name="RAOCXplayer" src="http://cc.hotcodez.com/pp/c.pl?id=48330508607-24165254166-275-8658231" type="application/x-mplayer2" width="320" height="265" ShowControls="0" ShowStatusBar="0" AutoSize="true" loop="true" EnableContextMenu="0" DisplaySize="0" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/"></embed></div>Video code provided by <a href="http://www.hotcodez.com">HotCodez.com</a><BR>[/IMG

PHP Code:

[IMG].<div id=vpdiv><embed name="RAOCXplayer" src="http://cc.hotcodez.com/pp/c.pl?id=48330508607-24165254166-275-8658231" type="application/x-mplayer2" width="320" height="265" ShowControls="0" ShowStatusBar="0" AutoSize="true" loop="true" EnableContextMenu="0" DisplaySize="0" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/"></embed></div>Video code provided by <a href="http://www.hotcodez.com">HotCodez.com</a><BR>[/IMG

DoubleBassUrFace 10-03-2005 04:12 AM

:), amazing drummer

20 characters

xkevinx 10-05-2005 07:13 PM

good drummer, but i think as i lay dying is just awful.

for anyone into heavier music like this, check out the following for some greeeat drumming.

The End (toronto) (anthony salajko) - possibly the most technically complex band the world has ever seen.
Between The Buried And Me (north carolina) (will goodyear, mark castillo) - great creative drumming, powerful, technical and tight.
Ion Dissonance (montreal) (some little guy on drums) - complex polyrhythms, constantly shifting time signatures, incredibly fast and hard to follow double bass rhythms.

i've had the pleasure of seeing all these bands live and the drummers impress my socks off every time. you can find any of these bands on file sharing programs like soulseek or limewire, or google them and order their cd from the label better yet!

Speedy 10-05-2005 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleBassUrFace
dude, that guy fookin rocks the doublebass, what is his kit? i noticed in the forever video he had tube luges, but i dont know what the brand is? is it custom or dw?

I have a picture of Jordan Mancino playing in one of their music videos and on that he's playing a Truth Custom Drumkit.

DRMRBOI4 11-19-2005 12:32 AM

Jordan Mancino

Has anybody ever heard the drummer of As I Lay Dying, Jordan Mancino? He's the fastest double-bass drummer i've ever heard!

DoubleBassUrFace 11-22-2005 05:24 PM

Re: Jordan Mancino

he is a very excellent drummer, but, deff. not the best.
i like him, i think hes awsome.

Cries Of The Past 12-01-2005 07:16 PM

I love asilaydying, and jordan's drumming. However, i deffinitly disagree abouthim being the best at double bass. try listening to Blake Richardson(between the buried and me) drumming. He blows Jordan away. again, i do enjoy AILD a lot.

DMNofDSTRCTN 12-21-2005 12:35 PM

I love Mancino's double bass drumming!! insane speed!!

chico 01-14-2006 07:37 PM

wow jodan is so fast. I saw As I Lay Dying on december 14th and it was so freaking awesome. Rock sold. He had and awesome solo in the middle of a song, straight out ripping fast stuff everywhere for like 5 mins. He threw me a stick and tons of people were like dude I'll give you 50 for that. but I kept it and always will. I hate when people go to stupid shows and are like omg throw me your stick I love you and the band really sucks and its the frist time that person has seen that band, but i've known about as i lay dying forever and getting a stick from jordan is a big deal..

Mr. Bananagrabber 01-15-2006 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xkevinx
good drummer, but i think as i lay dying is just awful.

for anyone into heavier music like this, check out the following for some greeeat drumming.

The End (toronto) (anthony salajko) - possibly the most technically complex band the world has ever seen.
Between The Buried And Me (north carolina) (will goodyear, mark castillo) - great creative drumming, powerful, technical and tight.
Ion Dissonance (montreal) (some little guy on drums) - complex polyrhythms, constantly shifting time signatures, incredibly fast and hard to follow double bass rhythms.

i've had the pleasure of seeing all these bands live and the drummers impress my socks off every time. you can find any of these bands on file sharing programs like soulseek or limewire, or google them and order their cd from the label better yet!

well the 2nd and 3rd bands there are both excellent, maybe i should check out the 1st. The new BTBAM drummer is very good (Blake Richardson) but the old ones are ridiculously good too (Castillo)

Edit: actually just to add my actual thoughts on Mancino, he's a fast, good drummer, but the best metalcore style drumming i've heard is in a band called Misery Signals, their drummers transitions are so smooth and flowing, he actually reminds me of Brann Dailor (which isn't a bad thing) but a more double-bass heavy (ie metalcore) style. They are basically fairly technical metalcore, they have a lot of interesting time signatures as well, much better than your standard fare. www.purevolume.com/miserysignals

DogBreath 01-16-2006 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chico
wow jodan is so fast. I saw As I Lay Dying on december 14th and it was so freaking awesome. Rock sold. He had and awesome solo in the middle of a song, straight out ripping fast stuff everywhere for like 5 mins. He threw me a stick and tons of people were like dude I'll give you 50 for that. but I kept it and always will.

Chico, that's a very cool thing to have happen. One of my prized possessions is a set of sticks that Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz gave me. I've been a fan of his for twenty years, and last year he just handed me a pair. Of course, at my age you can't just throw something at me and expect me to catch it.

as_i_lay_dying 02-16-2006 05:56 AM

Re: Jordan mancino dominates all drummers

the fastest double bass drummer is in fact jordan mancino he has speed rythym and everything else i agree with that speedy dude

as_i_lay_dying 02-16-2006 06:15 AM

[jordan mancino is the best there is there is no one else who can do it better bitches

someonelse 02-18-2006 02:15 AM

Jordan Mancino

I think that Jordan mancino is an awesome and talented drummer. Many of you may not know who he is and who he plays for, by the way he plays in As I Lay Dying, but for those of u who do know of him please tell me your thoughts.

MSUMetal 02-18-2006 03:14 AM

I like him quite a bit, but not my favorite. His double bass is very fast though, especially in 94hours, but I still believe Chad Kent is the fastest that I've ever heard, and he's also my favorite drummer. Try him out, he's in the band Atomship.

But yeah, Jordan is a pretty sweet drummer, and he seems like a cool guy from what I gathered in the Killswitch Engage DVD.

sean_brown 02-18-2006 06:50 AM

For sure Chad Kent is an amazing drummer. He has a lot more flavor than Jordan, and his double bass is blazin fast on a few of their songs. I am curious if anyone has seen him live, I wonder if his live performance is as good as the album. He also does some really cool snare tripplet over 16th note bass blasts on one song on the album that is insane, I can barely do it for a few seconds...

S_sPanksta 02-18-2006 07:24 AM

i like jordan mancino I do really like his style of playing and think hes an excellent drummer i like the band as i lay dying also not my favorite but i do like them.

timboss 02-19-2006 04:48 AM

jordan has amazing skills with the double kick, what you have to remember is that its actually harder to play the speeds which he plays. which are around 170-190 bpm. you watch the extreme drummers that do 200bpm + with ease- and see them play at the lower speeds and you'll see their legs struggle because its a whole different technique.
props to jordan, he's not the fastest, or the most creative but he does what he does better than anyone else i've heard and make it sound awesome.

Class A Drummer 02-19-2006 08:57 AM

Hes great. Alot of talent on the double bass.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7204

MayleneSDisaster 04-13-2006 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elemental Nausea
he is not bad, but not specially outstanding in the huge amount of good metal drummers

he pwns U!! shutup ull never top him!! PW'NED tro death i say

VampiricNightMachine 04-14-2006 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timboss
jordan has amazing skills with the double kick, what you have to remember is that its actually harder to play the speeds which he plays. which are around 170-190 bpm. you watch the extreme drummers that do 200bpm + with ease- and see them play at the lower speeds and you'll see their legs struggle because its a whole different technique.
props to jordan, he's not the fastest, or the most creative but he does what he does better than anyone else i've heard and make it sound awesome.

I respectfully disagree with you statement that these drummers who can play 200 bpm sixteenth notes and faster with have troubles with lower speeds, which drummers do you mean in particular , any examples? For sure, they master these rhythmic things at lower tempos first, as well

Symbolic 04-14-2006 09:47 PM

Mathematiclly, he is correct that slower speeds are "harder" because they have a larger possiblity of error. Lets call the time between each hit of the beater as x at 16th notes as 200bpm. At then 8th notes at 200bpm, which is half the speed of 16th notes at 200bpm, the time between each hit of the beater is 2x. 2x>x, so it is easier to hear when a drummer screws up at slower speeds. I said "harder" with quotations because it isnt exactly harder to play slower, just easier to know when a play screws up at slow speeds. It takes years to master double kicks at high speeds and to play them cleanly.

bermuda 05-02-2006 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogBreath
One of my prized possessions is a set of sticks that Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz gave me. I've been a fan of his for twenty years, and last year he just handed me a pair.

Thanks, and you're welcome! :)

Bermuda

DoubleBassUrFace 05-19-2006 10:04 PM

I think its pretty rediculous how he uses all these different sets in thier videos.
like, back around the song forever. the single kick kit.
then in confined with the black wrap double kick,
then in through struggle with the natural stain double kick.
then the darkest nights with the single kick again
and now touring with that, idk what color double kick set.

all those sets are amazing, id kill to have one. rediculous.

Stingaxe 07-26-2006 04:27 PM

Jordan Mancino

Anyone else like him?(drummer for As I Lay Dying) He's gotta be my favorite drummer.

MayleneSDisaster 07-28-2006 06:32 PM

Wahoo another person who likes mancino, hes amazing

Neurotica 08-06-2006 06:25 PM

He's one of my favorites. I love his work with double bass. And he always makes his part interesting. Mancino is awesome.

Drummer X 08-12-2006 04:13 AM

yeah mancino's the man, i love playing as i lay dying songs hah..but one question...any of you know what kinda cymbals he has? i know they are zildjian..and i seen as i lay dying live at sounds of the underground (amazing) and his cymbals sound so loud and clean...i was think maybe he has a custom projections..but anyone know for sure??

Justy178 09-08-2006 07:59 PM

Jordan Mancino is one of the best drummers that I know....I am also in the middle of learning all of his material.