DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85413)

Funnyman 01-02-2012 04:16 PM

It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
It's 2012, and you know what that means. Gigantic floods, exploding volcanoes, and the world ripping apart. Anyway, along with this my new years resolution is to learn bass guitar, and guitar. Post your resolution here.

mediocrefunkybeat 01-02-2012 04:17 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
To get through the year without suffering mortal wounds.

Funnyman 01-02-2012 04:20 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mediocrefunkybeat (Post 935740)
To get through the year without suffering mortal wounds.

I used to not suffer mortal wounds, then I took an arrow to the knee.

mediocrefunkybeat 01-02-2012 04:50 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
An arrow to the knee is only mortal if infection sets in or it hits in femoral artery...

eddiehimself 01-02-2012 07:25 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
I don't do new year's resolutions. As far as I'm concerned, if you're going to do something you might as well start doing it straight away and not just leave it to "next year".

iwantmemoney 01-02-2012 09:47 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mediocrefunkybeat (Post 935740)
To get through the year without suffering mortal wounds.

This could be tricky when you are a Buddist Pagan Ninja Guard Commander....
and you should have known that when you applied for the position.

My resolution is posted on the other thread in general discussion, but i shall paste and copy it here and wish you all well!

----> First of all, to go to Larryace's thread about the year coming to an end-progress report-(i'm usually a little tardy on the conversations---emphasis on tard).

Once I read all the new ones there, I'll post a link to the "your playing" section, where I will have entered my first ever video of my playing. That way everytime I b.s. on DW, you guys will know that I am one of you. I never stop bs-ing, but putting up some playing is like doing a recital- it's where everything stops and you're held accountable- that's something we all need to do, especially myself, no matter if it's not what I would like it to be. It's like you can't go to the next step until you actually document what you have.

This is said so I will do it. Let me put a time frame-10 days or less. Just doin that so I'm accountable-otherwise I'll think about it for another year. Thanks everybody for DW-the yuks and the learning and all else. Happy and Prosperous New Year.

fixxxer 01-02-2012 10:11 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
One of mine is to post some of my playing on the " your playing" section as well. Like iwantmemoney, stated, it's more for accountability purposes. I've been a member here for a long time and I figured it's about time to do that. Plus, I never feel right responding to others who have posted their playing because I haven't put my own neck out there. :)

GRUNTERSDAD 01-02-2012 10:35 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
New Year resolutions are like Santa and the Easter Bunny. Only for the young and the rich.

CreeplyTuna 01-02-2012 10:39 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
Mine is pretty straight forward - get a job and buy a new kit. Looking at Sonor 3007.

Ecclesrose 01-03-2012 12:44 AM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
Get a new kit, camcorder, and microphones. My YouTube drum career starts here!

Pollyanna 01-03-2012 01:09 AM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer (Post 935905)
One of mine is to post some of my playing on the " your playing" section as well. Like iwantmemoney, stated, it's more for accountability purposes. I've been a member here for a long time and I figured it's about time to do that. Plus, I never feel right responding to others who have posted their playing because I haven't put my own neck out there. :)

Good one, fixxxer. It seems that most chatters don't post their playing. Meanwhile, most people posting their playing don't chat.

I find it harder to get interested in what people say about playing when their playing is unheard (apart from people like Caddy and Moontheloon, who are obviously educated musicians).

Who cares about people you don't know putting up drum covers for promo purposes? Most drum covers sound horrible because the mix is unbalanced. On the other hand, if a regular poster puts up their playing I'm always curious to see the connection between personality, convictions and playing style/skills.

My NY resolution is to keep my sanity and sense of humour ... since I'm now caring for my ancient father I have no control over my life ... what I do is entirely dependent on how he's going.

Until now I've been very sooky about disgusting things and a while ago my nephew told me to "harden the f* up" (haha) after a bout of gagging when confronted by dad's excretions (not for the faint hearted). However, daily exposure to the disgustingness of old age with its various pungent excretions has indeed hardened me the f* up :)

My drum chops are diminishing but my nursing chops are improving ...

nhzoso 01-03-2012 01:21 AM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
Mine also is to post a video or 2 of my crappy playing, hopefully with the band, when I try to record me playing along to a song the song is either too loud and you cannot hear my drums from the songs drums (I see this alot on youtube) or all you can hear is my drums.

Also I am going to get down to 200lbs dammnit..(currently 244 yuck)

THC 01-03-2012 01:40 AM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
Mine is to learn at least two full songs and post one video before December 21st.

Red Menace 01-03-2012 02:45 AM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
I want to drop 25 lbs, get a job and take a few dance classes. I'm not rich by any means but I still have my youth. Somewhere along the line I'll get myself a few new snares.

iwantmemoney 01-03-2012 02:09 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 935982)
Until now I've been very sooky about disgusting things and a while ago my nephew told me to "harden the f* up" (haha) after a bout of gagging when confronted by dad's excretions (not for the faint hearted). However, daily exposure to the disgustingness of old age with its various pungent excretions has indeed hardened me the f* up :)

My tag is, "putting the funk in dysfunctional", but it sounds like your pop's tag is" "putting the funk in bodily functions"...my heart goes out to you! Are there ways to work on your Polly-rhythms on the arm of the chair after he goes nitenite? Boy, I would just be waiting for that moment, probly slip him a mickey to help the progress.

In any case, Happy New Year and I know you'll make the best of it!

Midnite Zephyr 01-03-2012 06:22 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
I resolve to stop vacationing today, start getting some work done and make some money before I go completely broke. I got a project I haven't touched since a week before Christmas. Now it's crunch time.

zildjank09 01-03-2012 08:35 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
My new year`s resolution is to just make people Happy, live life with a smile and to be there for my mate`s when they need a Buddie!!..

Pollyanna 01-04-2012 12:43 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantmemoney (Post 936264)
My tag is, "putting the funk in dysfunctional", but it sounds like your pop's tag is" "putting the funk in bodily functions"...my heart goes out to you! Are there ways to work on your Polly-rhythms on the arm of the chair after he goes nitenite? Boy, I would just be waiting for that moment, probly slip him a mickey to help the progress.

In any case, Happy New Year and I know you'll make the best of it!

Thanks IWMM :)

Yep, it's funky round these here parts.

I'll have to try simple rudiments on the pad ultra soft. He sleeps a fair bit and it's like being with the baby - you don't want to wake him up or I'll have to start working again ...

Mark_S 01-04-2012 07:07 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
Off the top of my head: to be more organised, be on time for things, be more tidy, practise drums more / better, lose all the excess weight by summer (only 2.5 stone to go), get more sleep, finish projects, stop making excuses, and visit my grandma more. And maybe post something in the my playing section once I feel it won't make people laugh :-)

dmacc 01-04-2012 10:54 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 935982)
Good one, fixxxer. It seems that most chatters don't post their playing. Meanwhile, most people posting their playing don't chat.

I find it harder to get interested in what people say about playing when their playing is unheard (apart from people like Caddy and Moontheloon, who are obviously educated musicians).

Who cares about people you don't know putting up drum covers for promo purposes? Most drum covers sound horrible because the mix is unbalanced. On the other hand, if a regular poster puts up their playing I'm always curious to see the connection between personality, convictions and playing style/skills.

Perhaps this year I'll actually video something that's worthwhile to share publicly, though it's a stretch goal to be sure. I do record things and post to YouTube for certain students but only as unlisted. It's me alone in the practice room - not sure how exciting it may be for some folks around here.

Perhaps if the band ever gets a decent video together of a gig this year, something may be worthwhile from that.

Be sure though, you're not missing much of anything not seeing my playing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 935982)
My drum chops are diminishing but my nursing chops are improving ...

In many ways, nursing chops are much more important.

Err 01-04-2012 11:21 PM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
- watch less porn
- re-enroll in college, drop out of college, re-enroll in college

nhzoso 01-05-2012 02:33 AM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Err (Post 937182)
- watch less porn
- re-enroll in college, drop out of college, re-enroll in college

Ahh your one of those occupiers?

toddy 01-05-2012 03:35 AM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
tour with kj sawka 202020

meseaneL 01-06-2012 08:13 AM

Re: It's 2012, What's your new year's resolution?
 
It is 2012, and New Year's resolutions are presently in effect. Are your resolutions more of the physical or financial variety? Are you preparing to invest more time correcting your fat or your wallet? Resource for this article: US consumers resolve to fix waistlines over wallets. Though It will come as no surprise to the millions who have just embarked upon a dreary diet plan that the most popular new year's resolution for everyone this year is to lose weight. Sadly, we still find it almost impossible to stick to our resolutions.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com