DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drummers (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Eloy Casagrande (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8375)

NUTHA JASON 02-23-2006 07:25 PM

Eloy Casagrande

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2stb3JmopA

eloy casagrande.
just look at the speed and dynamics of his opening alone. Phwoar? and then he goes and does a benny greb type solo. what a star.

j

Anduin 02-23-2006 07:29 PM

Re: 14 year old drummer who made me weep.

Yowza! Serious finger technique the young dude's got!

NouveauCliche 02-23-2006 07:32 PM

He's got some speed for sure! He'll be scary as heck in 10 years...especially if he keeps up that 4 way coordination he had going (which I thought was the coolest part).

I wonder if he's in a band, or what kind of music someone like that plays?

...and that's a GREAT last name. Casa...grande. Big house. Sweet!

Mr. Bananagrabber 02-23-2006 08:48 PM

Wow, that kid is great. I can't articulate any more, I'm just gonna watch it again.

TitanSound 02-23-2006 08:49 PM

Man is he good.

That is pure, raw natural talent combined with a LOT of practice.

glynes 02-23-2006 09:06 PM

Yikes!!!!

And I've only watched, not heard it (can't do the audio thing in the office) ... I wonder if he gives lessons??

shuffle 02-23-2006 09:16 PM

Wow. Great rhythm in the solo, and I usually don't like solos very much.

What's impressive is the discipline he must have had to reach such good technique at this young age.

I have a ten year old son who used to spend so much time on my kit that I had to buy one for him.... He is starting to show some nice stuff, but he's completely allergic to whatever rudimental - structured practice I can suggest.

drumme 02-23-2006 09:17 PM

I feel ill... that makes me wanna practice and get hardcore better and quit drumming at the same time.

Sessionsets1319 02-23-2006 09:20 PM

I like his style. Its different. My friend who is 14 also i think is better though. Not that im dissing this kid who i think is great also.

DrumProgressive 02-23-2006 09:23 PM

Damit, that kit is 3years younger then me and soo much better.

I think lord marco will find an equal in single strokes there hehe =)

Riley05 02-23-2006 09:55 PM

It must be the hair.

aahznightsky 02-23-2006 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUTHA JASON

eloy casagrande.
just look at the speed and dynamics of his opening alone. Phwoar? and then he goes and does a benny greb type solo. what a star.

j

Now he has alot of technique, but i wouldn't say he's anywhere near touching Greb's musicality (and Benny still has the upper hand by just a little technique wise)

And i don't hear Eloy doing any grooving like ya see Greb doing. He's just busting out his licks. When a few of my friends and family so him on the dvd, first thing they said was,

"Where's the groove?"

burnthehero 02-23-2006 09:57 PM

He'll be scary in 10 years??? He frightens the hell out of me right now! I've heard of this kid before, but this is the first time I've seen him play. Simply amazing.

NUTHA JASON 02-23-2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

Now he has alot of technique, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he has as much as Benny (though close). Also, i wouldn't say he's anywhere near touching Greb's musicality either.
yes i agree. his solo is greb-like but he is no benny. but in 10-12 years...(here i gag)...TEN YEARS this guy will still be a as old as benny is now. What will he be doing then?

j

monkanonk 02-23-2006 10:31 PM

Man that kid is great. I went to the second day and saw the top for 18 and older or w/e, and i think this kid is better.

RMS 02-23-2006 10:32 PM

Kid has some fast singles, fast feet, and a well developed left hand. Good stuff.

CWelsh 02-23-2006 10:39 PM

I'll bet someone could get rich just making a nickle on each replacement stick. My god he is fast.

jangus 02-23-2006 10:42 PM

I thought it grooved quite a bit at some places. Though it killed me but inspires me at the same time. Makes me really want to focus on my finger strokes.

I dug the 2:3 clave part. Man I wish I had that kind of coordination.

mlehnertz 02-23-2006 10:47 PM

[sarcasm]
Yea, let's just say he gets Lars' gig, but can he hold his liquor? Huh? Huh? Yea, come see us when you can down a fifth of Jack Daniels and do that...
[/sarcasm]

Good Lord.

Steady Freddy 02-23-2006 10:50 PM

I think the young man is pretty amazing. Great speed coupled with great independence. I hope he sticks with it.

Awesome talent!

DogBreath 02-23-2006 10:57 PM

Simply amazing. Usually in young drummers (the good ones, anyway), what you see is potential. In Eloy what you see is technical skill. He's someone to keep an eye on, for sure.

jpekarek 02-23-2006 11:19 PM

Holy COW!! I actually started to stand up and cheer when he finished!

That kid is amazing...

Class A Drummer 02-23-2006 11:26 PM

I would like to go up against him in a drum battle. Im 14 to. That kids got some skillz.

Capitaine Quebec 02-23-2006 11:33 PM

I love the technique and style. I especially loves tom licks... only god know how i love them...

Pedro 02-23-2006 11:40 PM

He has really good loose technique, especially the single strokes...

...a lot of discipline, hard work and a good teacher is what he had.

TonKpilS_657 02-23-2006 11:43 PM

i saw this kid on the MD fest dvd. he absolutely blew me away.

~tamadrummer~ 02-24-2006 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogBreath
Simply amazing. Usually in young drummers (the good ones, anyway), what you see is potential. In Eloy what you see is technical skill. He's someone to keep an eye on, for sure.

OMG DOGBREATHS 1,500TH POST! whoo hoo

Bernhard 02-24-2006 12:56 AM

I will put up this great guy this weekend - with Video

Bernhard

Mcbrain 02-24-2006 01:12 AM

Oh my lord !!
simply amazing..14 years old and that good....Lookout world

jollymosher 02-24-2006 01:25 AM

hey guys... i will be 15 in march (also march marks my 1st full year of playing) and WOW that kid is fast... but i still think i started 6 years to late

photon 02-24-2006 01:26 AM

Utterly Mindblowing...I don't care how much you practice...what that kid has is a god given gift....

radiofriendlyunitshifter 02-24-2006 03:18 AM

that kid is crazy!!! nice video nutha

T.Underhill 02-24-2006 03:28 AM

What can I say that hasn't already been said, truely amazing though! I liked his Bozzio bass drum/snare mimicking licks.

CadaveR (Ivo) 02-24-2006 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUTHA JASON

eloy casagrande.

j

Excellent coordination, independence and speed, of course. There's something "there" (when he touches the tom-toms) that reminds me of Mr. George Kollias when playing some Death Metal. The typical tom-tom xtreme metal way is there. And just at 14. Amazing. Not the best drummer ever but very, VERY good for the age. I can remember Thomas Lang having a similar "tom-tom passing" technique (but even better developed, imo).

His double-bass coordination and speed are only matched by the BEST (of course, when it comes to the xtreme metal genre alone, not in general) xtreme metal players. Names like Kollias, Roddy, Sandoval and Hellhammer come directly to mind.

- Sorry for all the EDITs... English is not my first language... i'm still improving it. : (

DogBreath 02-24-2006 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Underhill
I liked his Bozzio bass drum/snare mimicking licks.

I thought I caught a couple of Alex Van Halen licks, too.

Will-Myster 02-24-2006 04:12 AM

I never thought they released that solo of me..
No seriously.
Thast pure Ownage.

Class A Drummer 02-24-2006 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will-Myster
I never thought they released that solo of me..
No seriously.
Thast pure Ownage.

Thats u doing the solo? wow i wanna have a drum battle with you.

T.Underhill 02-24-2006 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Class A Drummer
Thats u doing the solo? wow i wanna have a drum battle with you.

Clue Phone, it's for you. j/k

Mod15 02-24-2006 04:51 AM

mah oh man, he makes me so sad because hes better than me!

Garvin 02-24-2006 05:51 AM

I'm sure I'll be tarred and feathered for this... I'll try to be as diplomatic as possible.

He has amazing chops, much faster that I could ever hope (or want) to be. I would love to hear him play with a band, though he may have to be mildly sedated in order to share the stage with anyone else. He has the ability to make great music, but I found this solo utterly devoid of musicality. He basically played the same stuff over and over, while mixing in some Afro-Cuban stuff which was the most impressive, but still lacking in over-all purpose.

And those cymbals.... I don't know if it was the recording quality, or the website or what, but I thought they sounded absolutely terrible. Tinny and soul-less.

Now before I am torn apart, remember I'm not trying to insult anyone for liking this kind of thing, and it is unlike me to be critical of things I don't like- I usually just keep my mouth shut, but I was extremely distraught at the fact that there was almost no real critique of the clip.

Yes, I'm very impressed by his speed.