DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I miss (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83645)

JairoLozano 11-22-2011 06:42 PM

I miss

I miss playing drums especially with a band. Thought I'd just through this around even though it may not be any of your concern. But I just had to write it somewhere.

Oh well.
All the best.

Too Many Songs 11-22-2011 09:02 PM

Re: I miss

For some of us it's in the blood. Nothing wrong with missing playing. But you need to scratch that itch and get back behind a set. Good luck with that.

Pocket-full-of-gold 11-22-2011 11:02 PM

Yep. I miss it too mate. Time spent laying it down with others is way too infrequent for my liking. One day......

Until then, there's a hell of a lot of things I never knew how to do and never bothered learning. Now's the time. Grab some sticks and a pad. Not playing in a band and not playing all together or two entirely different things. One may be due to circumstance or necessity......but the other is definitely a choice.

mxo721 11-23-2011 02:02 AM

I hope you get back at it soon, all you folks on here were right about jamming with other people, I had an amazing jam Sunday night, came away giddy like a little girl, it went really well, I did 2 songs I had never heard before, and they said I did fine. Get on back on yer drums kid, it's fun

inneedofgrace 11-23-2011 03:00 PM

Between my rock band being on hiatus until January, and the church band being off for two weeks due to the holidays, I may start to get the shakes.

JairoLozano 11-25-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Too Many Songs (Post 917399)
For some of us it's in the blood. Nothing wrong with missing playing. But you need to scratch that itch and get back behind a set. Good luck with that.

Haha yeah that's true man. But thanks.

JairoLozano 11-25-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inneedofgrace (Post 917659)
Between my rock band being on hiatus until January, and the church band being off for two weeks due to the holidays, I may start to get the shakes.

At least you know when it'll be the next time you play. = )

JairoLozano 11-25-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold (Post 917453)
Yep. I miss it too mate. Time spent laying it down with others is way too infrequent for my liking. One day......

Until then, there's a hell of a lot of things I never knew how to do and never bothered learning. Now's the time. Grab some sticks and a pad. Not playing in a band and not playing all together or two entirely different things. One may be due to circumstance or necessity......but the other is definitely a choice.

Yeah that's true, I've already learned so much just by playing with a pad and two sticks. Even the basics I didn't know was something new. But yea until then.

JairoLozano 11-25-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxo721 (Post 917518)
I hope you get back at it soon, all you folks on here were right about jamming with other people, I had an amazing jam Sunday night, came away giddy like a little girl, it went really well, I did 2 songs I had never heard before, and they said I did fine. Get on back on yer drums kid, it's fun

Nice on the 2 songs you had played. Some talent I bet.

Yeah I'm working on it. = }

JairoLozano 11-25-2011 07:24 PM

Here's a sample of what I miss jamming out.

Know that it is on Youtube so therefore the quality of the song ins't 'up there' but hope you enjoy it.
I've had an early post of this track as well but this was way back when.

This is a ghetto video of random plctures with a ghetto beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVV4GQ3Agqo&NR=1

480p the quality, but that's only if you're down.