DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Elbow damage (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81257)

GRUNTERSDAD 09-20-2011 07:00 PM

Elbow damage

I decided it would be a good idea to tear the tricep muscle where it attaches near my left elbow. Very painful. It comes with old age. However I am being issued one of these H Wave machines for home use and wondered if anyone has ever used one. I tried to get them to give me a Korg Wave machine but no go.

http://www.h-wave.com/instrument.html

Deathmetalconga 09-20-2011 11:02 PM

Re: Elbow damage

Ouch! I hope you are OK. I guess this interferes with drumming, right?

GRUNTERSDAD 09-20-2011 11:31 PM

It interferes with everything.

IDDrummer 09-21-2011 02:01 AM

Cripes, Johnny, what'd you go and do that for?!

I don't know about the H-Wave machine. I've had ultra-sound in physical therapy, but not ultra LOW sound. Looks as if the principle is similar with either method.

I can't say that I've noticed the ultra-sound helps a lot, but it is impossible to do a real A/B comparison on the same injury, so who's to say?

In any case, hope you heal up quickly!

GRUNTERSDAD 09-21-2011 04:04 AM

Thanks Sir..........

Pollyanna 09-22-2011 10:18 AM

Is that like tennis elbow?

GD, I not that you're not far from being the first ever DW member with 10,000 posts :)

GRUNTERSDAD 09-22-2011 03:25 PM

Actually not like tennis elbow from my inderstanding. I tore the tricep muscle, back of the upper arm, from the elbow. It is all but healed, just twice a day treatments with the H-Wave machine. This is electrical stimulation. I was mainly concerned with anyone elses use of said machine, but I have one on loan to me from the good folks at the Hospitals company care unit, paid for by Workers Compensation.

As for 10K posts it's only a time thing. I only hope that at least half have been useful. Cheers.

nhzoso 09-22-2011 04:20 PM

OUCH, How did you do it? Did it require surgery?

larryace 09-22-2011 06:06 PM

Yea John how did you do it? (It doesn't have to be true, just entertaining)

GRUNTERSDAD 09-22-2011 06:17 PM

I work at a hospital, in the supply section and was moving a few totes. I pulled on one and felt a pop. It went away, so I ignored it then the next day It felt like it was on fire. Just a freak accident coupled with old age. Some therapy this week and the electro treatments and all should be fine.

Story two. I was hang gliding, over the white cliffs of Dover when a Canadian goose made a right hand turn into me with no signal. His large beak, smacked my left elbow causing me to drift off course, landing in North Africa.

diegobxr 09-22-2011 09:03 PM

Ouch, man, that sounds like a lot of pain. i wish you a quick recovery, and take it easy once you start drumming again. Take care!

Cheers.

GRUNTERSDAD 09-22-2011 09:05 PM

Thank you Sir..................

larryace 09-22-2011 10:14 PM

Those Canadian geeses are becoming a real problem.

gwaco 09-26-2011 01:13 AM

Dam John, Just saw this. We hope you have a speedy recovery!

GRUNTERSDAD 09-26-2011 02:12 AM

Thanks Sir. I go back to the Company Care office tomorrow, Monday and hopefully they will release me back to work. I feel fine and theH Wave, electric impulse machine seems to have done its job.

aydee 09-26-2011 04:02 AM

The 'pop' makes it sound like an Achilles tendon tear which is painful as hell.. Get well soon GD

keep it simple 09-26-2011 08:46 AM

Only just picked this up John. Sorry to hear that mate. I had a similar thing happen to me a few eons back, but my muscle almost completely detached & required surgery. Hope you're back at it soon.

GRUNTERSDAD 09-27-2011 10:14 PM

Well our Company Care folks have released me back to work. Healed pretty quick for an old buzzard. Thanks to some good PT and the use of the H-Wave machine I'm doing great. I just have to be cautious on tugging heavy things for a while. Thanks for the wishes. Drum on mates.

harryconway 09-27-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 895677)
Well our Company Care folks have released me back to work. .... I just have to be cautious on tugging heavy things for a while.

Glad you mended so quickly .... take it a little easier, on the "tugging" .... leave that for the younger, stronger.

GRUNTERSDAD 09-28-2011 12:12 AM

There are four people in my department that deliver a lot of medical supplies every day aged, 43, 62, 62, and me 63.....Woooooow that's a lot of experience. My first injury in 11 years.