DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Got bad medical news (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73299)

Strangelove 03-09-2011 05:50 AM

Got bad medical news

I had a ct scan done yesterday and the doc says I have an aortic aneurysm. He said it is 2.5 cm and they don't start trying to track them until 3 cm, but that sounds awful close to me.

Bo Eder 03-09-2011 05:52 AM

Re: Got bad medical news

I will send good vibes your way and hopefully your medical team will deal with this and you will live a nice long life!

Strangelove 03-09-2011 05:57 AM

Thanks, Bo. I appreciate that.

IDDrummer 03-09-2011 06:07 AM

Oh man, wishing all the best for you. Hope you are able to get some resolution and get it taken care of! We're pulling for you.

THE MUFFIN MAN 03-09-2011 06:08 AM

best wishes and prayers comin your way!

MaryO 03-09-2011 06:11 AM

Warm thoughts and energy headed your way! I hope you get better real soon!

aydee 03-09-2011 06:13 AM

Modern Medicine is ahead of the curve on many issues. This is one one them. Have faith and hope. Best wishes.

Strangelove 03-09-2011 06:13 AM

Right now all I know is that it's more of a watch and see what happens than a treatment at this stage. I am not sure why or if it could possibly recede on it's own. I need to learn more about these for sure..

Pollyanna 03-09-2011 10:01 AM

Hope it works out, Doc. That sucks. How are you feeling?

How did they find it? Were there symptoms or did you have symptoms? It would be good if they did something about it instead of leaving you guessing. Good luck!

keep it simple 03-09-2011 12:38 PM

Bummer, but try not to get too hung up on it. I've been through some serious heart issues myself, & the lack of resolution plays badly on the mind. These things are rarely black & white. I know that doesn't help, but getting on with your life, & trying your best to keep a positive attitude, will improve both your state of mind & your physical wellbeing too. You're in my thoughts, Andy.

wy yung 03-09-2011 01:07 PM

Sorry to learn this. Am sending positive thoughts your way.
Good luck with it.

Ian Williams 03-09-2011 01:09 PM

Blessings on your way! Keep enjoying life and donīt let it get over your head...take care!

Strangelove 03-09-2011 01:14 PM

Thank you, all. Pollyanna, they found it looking for an intestinal blockage, while running a CT Scan.

diegobxr 03-09-2011 02:15 PM

That's sad to hear, man, but as everybody here I'll too be sending good vibes your way. Cheer up. Stay strong and positive. Best of luck. :)

TTNW 03-09-2011 02:35 PM

I wish you the best and will be sending positive vibes your way.

inneedofgrace 03-09-2011 03:12 PM

Prayers and best wishes are on the way!

Spectron 03-09-2011 06:10 PM

Sending up a prayer here as well...
hang in there...

Deathmetalconga 03-10-2011 05:33 PM

We are all thinking o you and wishing you well. What does this mean for your life, practically? Are there things you can't do?

TFITTING942 03-10-2011 05:45 PM

Sorry to hear, stay positive and good luck.

OrangeAgent27 03-10-2011 06:33 PM

Wishing you the best, brother! Stay positive and trust in the Lord.

MikeM 03-10-2011 08:40 PM

Positive vibes heading your way from this end!

Pollyanna 03-10-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strangelove (Post 812239)
Thank you, all. Pollyanna, they found it looking for an intestinal blockage, while running a CT Scan.

Crikey, doncha just love middle age? The heads wear, crap gets caught in the lugs and tension rods, the wrap dries out and is scarred from all the bumps, the cymbals lose their shine and get cracked ...

Strangelove 03-11-2011 01:52 AM

Thanks everyone for the remarks and positive vibes. There is no way to reverse this, but it can be monitored and surgery can pe performed to shore up the walls of the aorta to prevent a blowout as long as I catch it in time. I need to start really working on my blood pressure which has been too high the past few years.

Strangelove 03-11-2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 812762)
Crikey, doncha just love middle age? The heads wear, crap gets caught in the lugs and tension rods, the wrap dries out and is scarred from all the bumps, the cymbals lose their shine and get cracked ...

LOL - I am just a worn out set of Slingerlands, with chrome coming off my lugs, dents in my 50 years old heads, bottom hoops missing - never to be found again, out of round shells, and God knows how many screws missing!

GRUNTERSDAD 03-11-2011 02:00 AM

It can be fixed by a stent or a patch so be very diligent and watch the damned thing. Best wishes.

bobdadruma 03-11-2011 02:14 AM

Hang in there man, They will fix you up good as new!

Pollyanna 03-11-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strangelove (Post 812850)
LOL - I am just a worn out set of Slingerlands, with chrome coming off my lugs, dents in my 50 years old heads, bottom hoops missing - never to be found again, out of round shells, and God knows how many screws missing!

I'm hearing you, Doc. Still, the old Slingerlands have pedigree on their side! Old kits like us end up spending as much time in the workshop as the bandstand.

mikeg 03-12-2011 11:17 PM

Bad news for sure, but good to know about it sooner than later. Definitely watch the blood pressure, I struggle with that myself. Wishing you the best man.

iwantmemoney 03-17-2011 05:04 PM

just saw this and want to wish all the best to a brother in drumming! definitely think happy thoughts, and i hope all turns out well...

2bsticks 03-17-2011 10:20 PM

Sorry to hear the news, try and keep positive. I'm sure things will work out fine. Make sure you stay on top of it. Wishing you well.

Frost 03-18-2011 06:09 AM

Thinking of you man. It's hard but try not to let the stress levels get too high.

aydee 03-18-2011 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strangelove (Post 812850)

...and now they sound beautiful. Perhaps even more beautiful when they were brand new. The attack was too sharp back then, they were louder than they needed to be, and the chrome was way over buffed. Hurt the eyes.

Strangelove 03-19-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aydee (Post 815726)
...and now they sound beautiful. Perhaps even more beautiful when they were brand new. The attack was too sharp back then, they were louder than they needed to be, and the chrome was way over buffed. Hurt the eyes.

Oh, but they looked so nice in the music store windows! LOL - and all we wanted to do back then was slap some duct tape and some disgusting muffling devices on them, remove the resos - throw pillows in them, etc.

Thanks all, I appreciate the support and comments.