DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drummers (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lord Marco (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72203)

Algorithm 02-11-2011 05:53 AM

Lord Marco
 
No thread on him yet?

Technical death metal drumming: He's incredibly fast and precise, and loves to blast.

I think he's awesome. On his band's new album (Band: Anomalous, Album: Ohmnivalent) he has some grooves at 320 BPM.

Here are some vids:

300 BPM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZnUmdtrbeo

Songs from his bands:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAcYVObSmcA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vaGDS0bDh0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a89eh5j170I

Chaos_Inferno 02-11-2011 07:46 AM

Re: Lord Marco
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Algorithm (Post 801188)
No thread on him yet?

Technical death metal drumming: He's incredibly fast and precise, and loves to blast.

I think he's awesome. On his band's new album (Band: Anomalous, Album: Ohmnivalent) he has some grooves at 320 BPM.

Here are some vids:

300 BPM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZnUmdtrbeo

Songs from his bands:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAcYVObSmcA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vaGDS0bDh0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a89eh5j170I

Marco's a speed demon alright... I just think brain Drill and Anomalous are outrageously noodly and over the top and almost annoying to listen to under all the DEEDLYOODLYDOODLYOO going on about 90% of the time.

Effortless playing though.

theindian 02-11-2011 08:27 AM

Re: Lord Marco
 
Agreed. He's fast & that is about it. The freehand roll gets old really fast.

manderman 02-11-2011 09:45 AM

Re: Lord Marco
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Algorithm (Post 801188)
he has some grooves at 320 BPM.

What? Grooves at 320 BPM?

DOES NOT COMPUTE

Frost 02-11-2011 12:00 PM

Re: Lord Marco
 
A beast who understands the tech death style of groove, some killer technical stuff going on there, underpinned by Morbid Angel style rocking out, that Anomalous video was flawless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Algorithm (Post 801188)
No thread on him yet?

Technical death metal drumming: He's incredibly fast and precise, and loves to blast.

I think he's awesome. On his band's new album (Band: Anomalous, Album: Ohmnivalent) he has some grooves at 320 BPM.

Here are some vids:

300 BPM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZnUmdtrbeo

Songs from his bands:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAcYVObSmcA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vaGDS0bDh0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a89eh5j170I


Thaard 02-11-2011 12:12 PM

Re: Lord Marco
 
Great skill and all, but gets old after after 5 minutes of "BRRRRRRRRRRR AAAAAAAAAARRRGGHH BRRRRRRRRR DRRRRR!"

Frost 02-11-2011 10:19 PM

Re: Lord Marco
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaard (Post 801260)
Great skill and all, but gets old after after 5 minutes of "BRRRRRRRRRRR AAAAAAAAAARRRGGHH BRRRRRRRRR DRRRRR!"

So does four minutes of kick, snare, kick, snare with a few fills and a 4/4 hat pattern, common in almost all rock music.

It's a matter of taste, some extreme metal drumming is tasteless, this has a lot of variation, it just appears to blend together due to the speed at which it is played, Marco definitely grooves, in a tech death sense.

Go to three minutes in this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAcYVObSmcA

dylanthomos 02-12-2011 10:08 AM

Re: Lord Marco
 
Noble Marco started okay in December, when Jason Ditter and Marco Pitruzzella met in Lyceum Schoolhouse. Jason and MArco mutual a gathering unitedly and began talking nigh turn a streak. Jason Ditter was notable throughout La Quinta as beingness an EXTREMELY talented guitarest.Marco Pitruzzella was as fine celebrated as beingness an EXTREMELY talented drummer. They finally started jam tardily Dec, Embryotic Jan of 2004. After some a period of composition songs, Jason andMarco initiate voice played Brandon Ryan. (he too was in the selfsame gathering as marco and jason). Now with the low-end additional the slip was officialdom recordings of the ring were finished on Marco's computer. Marco played the drums through the keyboard and "sang'. Jason did all guitar make. Baronage Marco played 3 shows sum. Peerage MARCO is soothe a adornment thanks to the Internet. Marco prerecorded new study tracks to Jason's 40+ new songs! so be reliable to maintain checking out for new Stuff.

theindian 02-13-2011 06:16 AM

Re: Lord Marco
 
Did Skwisgaar Skwigelf just make a post in this thread?

razorx 02-13-2011 07:40 AM

Re: Lord Marco
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frost (Post 801496)
So does four minutes of kick, snare, kick, snare with a few fills and a 4/4 hat pattern, common in almost all rock music.

It's a matter of taste, some extreme metal drumming is tasteless, this has a lot of variation, it just appears to blend together due to the speed at which it is played, Marco definitely grooves, in a tech death sense.

That post made my day. I think he's great at what he does. It's just not my cup of tea.

Thaard 02-13-2011 01:55 PM

Re: Lord Marco
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frost (Post 801496)
So does four minutes of kick, snare, kick, snare with a few fills and a 4/4 hat pattern, common in almost all rock music.

It's a matter of taste, some extreme metal drumming is tasteless, this has a lot of variation, it just appears to blend together due to the speed at which it is played, Marco definitely grooves, in a tech death sense.

Go to three minutes in this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAcYVObSmcA

Technically impressive and kinda cool. At least I hear what the guitar is playing.
I feel that when you push technique to this level, the compositions mostly become cluttered, incoherent and not at all enjoyable.

I really like technical stuff like Spiral Architect, Spastic inc, Meshuggah, Planet X, Panzerballett, Periphery and so on, but when it goes into Berzerker-mode with mega-triggered drums, fuzz so loud you can't tell the difference between any instruments and pig-vocals, I can't listen to it for more than some minutes(It's probably called techgrind or grindcore, if I'm not mistaken).

It's like trying to listen to Merzbow, if you like ambient/noise music. I see what he's doing but I can't listen to it, because it almost physically hurts my ears.

You may be right with the 4/4 thing, but if done right, it can be really sweet..

My favorite bands are the ones that challenge the listener, but also has some kind of musical and melodic context, and not only make technical music just to be technical(also, adding humor is always great).

Frost 02-13-2011 10:44 PM

Re: Lord Marco
 
I understand where you are coming from, and I'm more of a prog/post rock fan then metal, the majority of metal I listen to is doom/black not death metal.

Death metal is very sonically dense, it is that wall of sound that puts most people off the genre, I was just making the point that it isn't mindless.

I just felt you implied with your post that he wasn't doing anything interesting, not that you disliked the sound of it, disliking the sound is fair enough, to say what he was doing is pointless however, isn't really justified.

The point of this music, isn't simply to be technical, there is an element of it, but you find that same element with experimental jazz/free jazz at times.

If that was the only point, why would he occasionally slow down and play beats that high schoolers could learn?

Millions of people like the sound of death metal, and enjoy that style of playing, just like you enjoy a well done 4/4 beat, as do I, despite my cynical remark.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaard (Post 802080)
Technically impressive and kinda cool. At least I hear what the guitar is playing.
I feel that when you push technique to this level, the compositions mostly become cluttered, incoherent and not at all enjoyable.

I really like technical stuff like Spiral Architect, Spastic inc, Meshuggah, Planet X, Panzerballett, Periphery and so on, but when it goes into Berzerker-mode with mega-triggered drums, fuzz so loud you can't tell the difference between any instruments and pig-vocals, I can't listen to it for more than some minutes(It's probably called techgrind or grindcore, if I'm not mistaken).

It's like trying to listen to Merzbow, if you like ambient/noise music. I see what he's doing but I can't listen to it, because it almost physically hurts my ears.

You may be right with the 4/4 thing, but if done right, it can be really sweet..

My favorite bands are the ones that challenge the listener, but also has some kind of musical and melodic context, and not only make technical music just to be technical(also, adding humor is always great).


Thaard 02-14-2011 02:03 AM

Re: Lord Marco
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frost (Post 802248)
I understand where you are coming from, and I'm more of a prog/post rock fan then metal, the majority of metal I listen to is doom/black not death metal.

Death metal is very sonically dense, it is that wall of sound that puts most people off the genre, I was just making the point that it isn't mindless.

I just felt you implied with your post that he wasn't doing anything interesting, not that you disliked the sound of it, disliking the sound is fair enough, to say what he was doing is pointless however, isn't really justified.

The point of this music, isn't simply to be technical, there is an element of it, but you find that same element with experimental jazz/free jazz at times.

If that was the only point, why would he occasionally slow down and play beats that high schoolers could learn?

Millions of people like the sound of death metal, and enjoy that style of playing, just like you enjoy a well done 4/4 beat, as do I, despite my cynical remark.

I meant that I respect his skill, but I dislike some of the bands he plays in.
I used to listen to Cadaver, Deicide, Emperor, Cryptopsy, Panzerchrist, Berzerker, 1349 and so on(I'm from Norway, so there's a lot of metal here), but in the later years I've sort of grown out of it. It's good "angry-music" though..
I thought it was a bit weird that you have "baby" dodds in your avatar, and talk a lot about metal ;)

Frost 02-14-2011 02:14 AM

Re: Lord Marco
 
A few people do, but they don't often comment.

I talk about a lot of things, I just happen to be a Scandinavian at heart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaard (Post 802322)
I meant that I respect his skill, but I dislike some of the bands he plays in.
I used to listen to Cadaver, Deicide, Emperor, Cryptopsy, Panzerchrist, Berzerker, 1349 and so on(I'm from Norway, so there's a lot of metal here), but in the later years I've sort of grown out of it. It's good "angry-music" though..
I thought it was a bit weird that you have "baby" dodds in your avatar, and talk a lot about metal ;)



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com