DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Is Pollyanna a girl? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63614)

Migaluch 06-16-2010 08:21 AM

Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Unfortunately the terrible barrier known as the internet prevents me from actually knowing anyones' identities, so it is just a simple question. Just to make things clear for me so i don't offend him/her (circle one).

This comes to mind because if he/she is a dude, then the name Pollyanna would be a poor choice.

This is the Off Topic forum, isn't it?

aydee 06-16-2010 08:52 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Does it matter?

.........................

keep it simple 06-16-2010 09:03 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
In one of my conversations last week with Pollyanna, Pol stated a desire to change username to "Primeval tub thumper". You decide!

Thaard 06-16-2010 09:23 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
There are no girls on the Internet!

Pollyanna 06-16-2010 09:37 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
lol ... aha, you found me out ... I'm actually Arnold Schwartzenegger! Migaluch, it that you? Lady Gaga??? Haha good one, Gaga, you almost had me fooled!

So what prompted this silliness? I've posted photos and videos here. I mean, ok, I'm not a supermodel but I didn't think I was THAT plain ... I'm pals in real life with a member here (Wy Yung). We had a little percussion jam on Monday - him on frame drum and me on bongos.

PS. I call myself Pollyanna here to reflect my sunny, slightly-spaced out view of life :)

PPS. Andy, you have to admit that Primeval Tub Thumper is a dead cool name ...

PPPS. Actually, I'm not a girl - I'm a woman. You're about 35 years late ...

PPPPS. If this is an attempt to get me to post a nude pic, Migaluch ... nice try, buddy :-P

keep it simple 06-16-2010 10:40 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 712769)
PPS. Andy, you have to admit that Primeval Tub Thumper is a dead cool name ...

Off topic, off topic, might be a cool social group title for all fans of basic drumming, hermaphrodite usernames and generally nutty perspective on life! I'll think about that.

Thaard 06-16-2010 12:02 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
If I remember correctly, didnt trevor_the_drummer try to hit on you Polly? Didnt know you and Wy had sumthin going on :P.

Pollyanna 06-16-2010 01:51 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by keep it simple
Off topic, off topic, might be a cool social group title for all fans of basic drumming, hermaphrodite usernames and generally nutty perspective on life! I'll think about that.

The Primeval Tub Thumpers Group? Count me in!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaard (Post 712785)
If I remember correctly, didnt trevor_the_drummer try to hit on you Polly? Didnt know you and Wy had sumthin going on :P.

Hardy har har, Mr Adam's Apple. Cheeky bunch :) It sounds so lame to say Wy and I are just friends, like I'm in denial lol ... he's picking up an Aquarian snare head for me later this week because it's all Remo and Evans in my local shops.

Can't remember Trevor ... there's been the occasional flirt here and there ... can't remember them all :)

GRUNTERSDAD 06-16-2010 01:58 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Pollyanna is a WOMAN. Hear her roar. Girls are in elementary school.

Pocket-full-of-gold 06-16-2010 02:18 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 712795)
Can't remember Trevor

Oh gawd no....... Trevor??

If I live to be 150, I'm not sure I'll forget him. What a strange character he was.....and a living, breathing reminder to us all why small children shouldn't talk to strangers!.

Banned, but unfortunately not forgotton Poll.

Pollyanna 06-16-2010 02:34 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Not sure how much I roar, GD, I think you might be hearing my middle-aged digestive system ... girls still have such joys ahead of them :)

Glad Trevor was weird, PFOG. It would be embarrassing to forget a good guy! Was he on the forum in 2009?

Thaard 06-16-2010 02:49 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Trevor was constantly messaging all the girls with his broken english. When most of them thought he was a creep, he got very angry and started telling about his medical history, which was frightening to say the least. Don't know if it was real though.

It was the same thread I pretended to be one of those russian scammers.

joeysnare 06-16-2010 03:18 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
lmao i can't help but be reminded of when a girl walks into a D n D store. nuff said.

Migaluch 06-16-2010 06:35 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 712769)
lol ... aha, you found me out ... I'm actually Arnold Schwartzenegger! Migaluch, it that you? Lady Gaga??? Haha good one, Gaga, you almost had me fooled!

So what prompted this silliness? I've posted photos and videos here. I mean, ok, I'm not a supermodel but I didn't think I was THAT plain ... I'm pals in real life with a member here (Wy Yung). We had a little percussion jam on Monday - him on frame drum and me on bongos.

PS. I call myself Pollyanna here to reflect my sunny, slightly-spaced out view of life :)

PPS. Andy, you have to admit that Primeval Tub Thumper is a dead cool name ...

PPPS. Actually, I'm not a girl - I'm a woman. You're about 35 years late ...

PPPPS. If this is an attempt to get me to post a nude pic, Migaluch ... nice try, buddy :-P

I simply posted this to observe whatever awesome posts would follow, which certainty happened! Actually Ahnold, you have it wrong. I'm Kim Jong-il, Lady Gagas in my basement hahaha!!!!

REPLY TO PS: Yeah Migaluch is supposed to be some Italian slang for Michael... i dunno it sounds cool tho and its unique.

REPLY TO PPS: I second that!

REPLY TO PPPS: Wouldn't you be the one who's late? I'm tha young one!

REPLY TO PPPPS: lolwut?? Kim Jong-il already has Lady Gaga AND Gemma Arterton in his basement! No need for Pollyanna! NUKE THE WHALES!

This is a really contradictory post! Contradictions FTW!

eddiehimself 06-16-2010 06:59 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 712796)
Pollyanna is a WOMAN. Hear her roar. Girls are in elementary school.

+1 lolz.

larryace 06-16-2010 07:34 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Well we've established that Pol is most definitely a female. And what a female!

Next we need to find out if hmmm who should I pick on....
Next we need to find out if Bob isn't an IRS agent sent here to pose as an extremely handsome and likeable guy who is surrepticiously gathering tax evasion info on our members here for use by government agencies to drain even more lifeblood from our bank accounts.

Ian Williams 06-16-2010 07:59 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Don't piss her off! You can't shoot, root or electrocute Polly - She's made out of titanium.

keep it simple 06-16-2010 08:30 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryace (Post 712916)
Well we've established that Pol is most definitely a female. And what a female!

Next we need to find out if hmmm who should I pick on....
Next we need to find out if Bob isn't an IRS agent sent here to pose as an extremely handsome and likeable guy who is surrepticiously gathering tax evasion info on our members here for use by government agencies to drain even more lifeblood from our bank accounts.

Here's some of Bob's digger work when you can't pay up!

Migaluch 06-16-2010 08:33 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Williams (Post 712928)
Don't piss her off! You can't shoot, root or electrocute Polly - She's made out of titanium.

........IRON WOMAN???...

Ian Williams 06-16-2010 09:50 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Was that Margaret Thatcher?

What about Aussie Empress!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Migaluch (Post 712940)
........IRON WOMAN???...


keep it simple 06-16-2010 09:59 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 712795)
The Primeval Tub Thumpers Group? Count me in!

Primeval Tub Thumpers is launched!! Come and visit, join in, or just extract the urine as you see fit. Singularly the most un focussed & totally pointless social group on DW. Making music, fun drum stuff and general high moral depravity are the order of the day. Appreciation of simple (even brutal) playing can actually work is encouraged. Chops are given due status, but not heralded as "the answer to everything". Hell, I've no idea if it's even worth joining, but it might just prove fun.

mind_drummer 06-16-2010 10:18 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 712769)
...
PPPPS. If this is an attempt to get me to post a nude pic, Migaluch ... nice try, buddy :-P

What we need to do then, for you to do so ???? LOL !!!

Hey I'm not the one who started talking about it but now since you brought it on the table...maybe the reason you brought it up, it's because it's a deeply hidden fantasy of yours with self-consciousness denial :p

Ian Williams 06-17-2010 12:30 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Come on! Polly give your best shot. All rascals are awaiting!.....:-]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Migaluch (Post 712940)
[color="Red"]
PPPPS. If this is an attempt to get me to post a nude pic, Migaluch ... nice try, buddy :-P


bobdadruma 06-17-2010 12:51 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryace (Post 712916)
Well we've established that Pol is most definitely a female. And what a female!

Next we need to find out if hmmm who should I pick on....
Next we need to find out if Bob isn't an IRS agent sent here to pose as an extremely handsome and likeable guy who is surrepticiously gathering tax evasion info on our members here for use by government agencies to drain even more lifeblood from our bank accounts.

My cover is BLOWN!
Now I have to find another job!
By the way, I had a sex change operation back in the early nineties.
I used to be Roberta Da Druma!
I used to look like this, After my sex change I began to set up as a righty. I did a full 180 degree turn around!

Migaluch 06-17-2010 08:17 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Wow bobdadruma, you were kind of cute, but not really my type overall. Yeah I am pretty sure sex changes mess with your playing style a bit.

Pollyanna 06-17-2010 09:27 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Andy, I've put in my request to join Primeval Tub Thumpers. Apparently it's a moderated group that requires approval to join. Hope I make the cut ...

Kim and Roberta - thank goodness there's a bit more oestrogen here ... wait no, Roberta joined the Dark Side! Migaluch, you are a wicked, wicked human being but I guess things have been a bit boring around here of late so it makes sense :)

Ian, I'm pleased to report that I am not Margaret Thatcher. I am a woman of speil, not steel ... I can actually be shot, reooted and electrocuted. Just that these days no one wants to do these things to me. Sadly, the days of being wolf whistled are over for me (after all, adulation from mindless clowns is still adulation!)

Mind Drummer, thank you for the psychoanalysis. However, my unadorned flesh (ie. cellulite) shall remain a mystery to DW members ... because I am kind ...

In the end, I do not consider myself a woman, girl or axolotl ... I am an artiste! hahaha

mind_drummer 06-17-2010 03:36 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 713068)

Mind Drummer, thank you for the psychoanalysis. However, my unadorned flesh (ie. cellulite) shall remain a mystery to DW members ... because I am kind ...


Bad (& Good) for you because I find it sexy :p

Ian Williams 06-17-2010 03:49 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Polly, sorry - I respect you and it was not my intention to hurt your feelings. Keep your chin up, mate! :-])

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 713068)

Ian, I'm pleased to report that I am not Margaret Thatcher. I am a woman of speil, not steel ... I can actually be shot, reooted and electrocuted. Just that these days no one wants to do these things to me. Sadly, the days of being wolf whistled are over for me (after all, adulation from mindless clowns is still adulation!)


Pollyanna 06-17-2010 03:52 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Hey Ian - no apology necessary old boy. No feelings hurt at all. Just worried about Mind Drummer liking cellulite :)

Doncha love Ringo? Such a happy guy ...

mind_drummer 06-17-2010 04:50 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 713150)
Hey Ian - no apology necessary old boy. No feelings hurt at all. Just worried about Mind Drummer liking cellulite :)

Doncha love Ringo? Such a happy guy ...

LOL !

Pollyanna 06-17-2010 04:59 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mind_drummer (Post 713177)
LOL !

It's akin to being keen on pimples or double chins!

mind_drummer 06-17-2010 05:12 PM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 713183)
It's akin to being keen on pimples or double chins!

Well, to me (and I mean) to me, what you seem a little ashame of, speaks wisdom and experience just as gray hair...

Unfortunately we cant stop time and getting older & flabby is one bad chunk of life but like anything else, self-confidence is #1 key.

keep it simple 06-18-2010 12:38 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 713068)
Andy, I've put in my request to join Primeval Tub Thumpers. Apparently it's a moderated group that requires approval to join. Hope I make the cut ...

Not anymore, I pressed the wrong tab when I set it up. It's now public, so any trouble making nutter can join the most pointless social group on the forum. Migaluch has shown interest but thus far, hasn't had the bottle to join or can't work out what tab to press. Either way, being obviously indecisive and forum illiterate, that makes him a perfect candidate.

Deltadrummer 06-18-2010 01:17 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
All these posts and I'm still waiting for proof one way or the other. I think it's about time that everybody showed their sex.

bobdadruma 06-18-2010 01:19 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deltadrummer (Post 713345)
All these posts and I'm still waiting for proof one way or the other. I think it's about time that everybody showed their sex.

Only if you show yours! As Freud said, "Sex is inevitable, Preference is the issue"
I don't think that Bernhard would go for a, "Show Your Naughty Bits Thread"

Pocket-full-of-gold 06-18-2010 01:39 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Polly, it's just dawned on me that this is the SECOND thread on DW in your honour. The second!.....and neither of them in the "Your place" section either.

Gentlemen, we are in the presence of greatness!!

Pollyanna 06-18-2010 05:29 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Andy, I think you should maintain exclusivity and reject all applications. Like Groucho, I don't want to join a club that would accept me as a member.

Mind Drummer, your post is veering perilously close to wisdom. Do you feel being wise and reasonable is appropriate behaviour here, mmm? Please see Ken's (DeltaDrummer's) post for an example of appropriate posting :)

PFOG, statistics are misleading. First thread about me was because I'd left in disappointment after a bout of aggro in the forum was making it even less fun for me than work, in which case what's the point? Larry, who is pleasingly blinkered in regard to my imagined virtues, decided to lobby for my return (I think he just likes having a break from wall-to-wall testosterone).

This thread was Migaluch being mischeivous. Two thread but nuttin' special ... this is a greatness-free zone!

Crazy8s 06-18-2010 07:04 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
LOL! How nonsensical this thread was...except for Pollyanna's wit that niftily dispatched with the construction crew that seemed to be caterwauling at her.

Pip pip! :)

Pollyanna 06-18-2010 10:52 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
Haha, it'd take more than a few silly comments from me to dispatch the "construction crew" :)

Malti 06-18-2010 11:22 AM

Re: Is Pollyanna a girl?
 
I've been watching this thread for a while waiting for a response to Pollyanna's early query "What prompted this silliness"?. Since I don't see it, I will ask again. Migaluch, is there something specific about Pollyanna that made you question her gender?


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com