DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Middle Tennessee Floods (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61949)

drumr0 05-04-2010 04:06 AM

Middle Tennessee Floods

8 Attachment(s)
All,
Here's a few pictures of where I work. The water is 22" in the plant and about 7' in our loading docks. Lots of clean up ahead! We just did a 25 million dollar expansion too.

GRUNTERSDAD 05-04-2010 04:15 AM

Re: Middle Tennessee Floods

Wow. I've been reading about that mess and the mess in Scandinavian countries with the volcano and the mess in the Gulf of Mexico with the BP oil leak. All disasters and prayers go out to all. I am 2 miles from the beach and am waiting to see how long it takes for the crude to ruin our beach, wildlife and tourism. Best wishes to you.

drumr0 05-04-2010 04:33 AM

Thanks GD. My prayers go to you too. What surprised us is how fast the water rose. It rose about 2 inches every 10 minutes. We have 2 dams within 20 miles of the plant which the Corp of Engineers are staggering their operation. One of the dams is undergoing some very serious repairs for seepage so they will have to let some water go very soon. They even had to shut Wal-Mart down today because the river was forcing water into the parking lot back up through the drainage system.

drumr0 05-05-2010 12:17 AM

Surprisingly, the water has receded and we have started to clean up. Lots of mud and water, but clean up is going well. We are planning on running some production tomorrow. I took 350 pictures today for the insurance adjuster who will be here tomorrow.

GRUNTERSDAD 05-05-2010 12:41 AM

Good news for your side. The adjuster will love 350 pix.

drumr0 05-06-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 696495)
Good news for your side. The adjuster will love 350 pix.

I spent the day with the insurance adjuster and he took so many pictures that he killed his battery in his camera and had to put his card in my D40 to finish up. I bet he took another 350 pictures on top of the ones I already took.

We are in clean up mode now. We thought we may get some production going, but several motors have to be sent off to be dried out. A lot of little things are going have to be addressed.

What's bad is several of our tanks floated up and back down ruining the plumbing.

The insurance adjuster isn't covering anything outside of the building. It has to be under the main roof. Also any equipment that is in pits is not covered either. We have a 1 million dollar policy and I have no doubt that we will meet or exceed that number.

drummerchick435 05-29-2010 06:18 AM

The floods were terrible. I go to college in Nashville, and I was "flooded" out of my dorm. Water was beginning to leak through, but it wasn't bad. Just a few spots of standing water no more than 1/2 an inch deep. None of my stuff was damaged, but my roommate's and neighbor's stuff was damaged. Luckily, my college put me and the other girls on my floor up in a hotel for three nights and paid for dinner.