DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   member status relating to post count (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61599)

ecpietscheck 04-25-2010 03:15 AM

member status relating to post count
 
hi guys
just wondering how many posts am i supposed to post, or how many months/years ive been to the forum to at least be gold member?
thx!

Monica McCoy 04-25-2010 06:00 AM

Re: member
 
30 Posts: Member
100: Senior Member
500: Silver Member
1000: Gold Member
1500: Platinum Member

Ian Williams 04-25-2010 10:56 PM

Re: member
 
Keep them posts coming, mate! You have 979 posts, left to go.

wolfmoon 04-30-2010 08:58 PM

Re: member
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecpietscheck (Post 692162)
hi guys
just wondering how many posts am i supposed to post, or how many months/years ive been to the forum to at least be gold member?
thx!

Why does it even matter ? I'd rather there not even be post counts. It's not important and doesn't make anyone any better than the naxt as far as I am concerned.

Pocket-full-of-gold 04-30-2010 11:26 PM

Re: member
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfmoon (Post 694944)
Why does it even matter ? I'd rather there not even be post counts. It's not important and doesn't make anyone any better than the naxt as far as I am concerned.

Agreed, the content of the post is far more important than the count.

The only time I ever see the post count come into the equation is when people try to use it as an insult against those who have racked up quite a few. i.e "Is that comment only made to boost your post count?"....or that type of thing. Sillyness! I'd rather they weren't included either. They account for nothing.

MikeM 04-30-2010 11:48 PM

Re: member
 
I couldn't agree more; I hope my boss NEVER looks at my post count!

Bernhard 04-30-2010 11:49 PM

Re: member
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfmoon (Post 694944)
Why does it even matter ? I'd rather there not even be post counts. It's not important and doesn't make anyone any better than the naxt as far as I am concerned.

For me it matters in some ways. Let's say someone announce a new product and it's his first post: i smell spam.

It's also true, that some members with many posts try to evaluate the limits all of a sudden.
A recurring phenomen....hmm

Bernhard

Ian Williams 05-01-2010 02:10 AM

Re: member
 
In my opinion, Statistically speking the Threads, Posts, Members Counts (quantity) - are important to the forum to track and indicate, the contribution of the members (in numbers).

On the other hand, the content (quality) of the post, message, is key important as well.

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM Statistics:
Threads: 30,169, Posts: 414,723, Members: 27,715

Pollyanna 05-01-2010 02:48 AM

Re: member
 
I think I've hit 3k now. That must be due a diamond membership!

Or at the very least a pat on the shoulder to say, "It's ok. The men in white coats will be here soon".

bobdadruma 05-01-2010 02:56 AM

Of corse the ultimate goal is to become a "Karl Member"!!!
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/member.php?u=1204

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 695047)
I think I've hit 3k now. That must be due a diamond membership!

Or at the very least a pat on the shoulder to say, "It's ok. The men in white coats will be here soon".

Yea, Everyone knows that diamonds are a girls best friend!
I vote that the mods award Polly a Diamond Membership because she is the only woman who can put up with all of us male idiots for over 3000 posts!
Will anyone second the nomination?

GRUNTERSDAD 05-01-2010 03:16 AM

Re: member
 
Yeah. who counts anyway??

bobdadruma 05-01-2010 03:21 AM

Re: member
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 695059)
Yeah. who counts anyway??

Oh you're just jealous because you're not a "Grunt Member"

Pollyanna 05-01-2010 03:23 AM

Re: member
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobdadruma (Post 695056)
Yea, Everyone knows that diamonds are a girls best friend!
I vote that the mods award Polly a Diamond Membership because she is the only woman who can put up with all of us male idiots for over 3000 posts!
Will anyone second the nomination?

Thanks Bob. It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

Or maybe "Resident Cartoonist"? :)

I'd like to emulate Karl's feats, but on the drum kit rather than the forum ...

bobdadruma 05-01-2010 03:32 AM

Re: member
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 695063)
Thanks Bob. It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

Or maybe "Resident Cartoonist"? :)

I'd like to emulate Karl's feats, but on the drum kit rather than the forum ...

"Resident Cartoonist" is better than "Diamond Token Female Poster" LOL :)

Pollyanna 05-01-2010 03:44 AM

Re: member
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobdadruma (Post 695067)
"Resident Cartoonist" is better than "Diamond Token Female Poster" LOL :)

lol ... "Token Woman Member" is a good one too

Ian Williams 05-01-2010 04:00 AM

Re: member
 
Polly's Women Club Member....? ;-)

Pocket-full-of-gold 05-01-2010 08:34 AM

Re: member
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobdadruma (Post 695049)
Of corse the ultimate goal is to become a "Karl Member"!!!
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/member.php?u=1204

Now THIS interests me. I noticed Karl's unique status the first day I ever started lurking here, before I joined. Now, I've read hundreds upon hundres of topics here and literally thousands upon thousands of posts. I know a few things from before my time........I'm down with the Jay Norem saga. I'm aware of what went down with Matt Smith.

But there are two things I have NEVER been able to figure out:
1) How Karl was allocated "Karl Member"-ship status.
2) What Caddywumpus' real name is.

Anyone got the skinny??

Pollyanna 05-01-2010 02:53 PM

Re: member
 
PFOG, just noticing that you're a gold member. I like it :)

bobdadruma 05-01-2010 03:23 PM

Re: member
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold (Post 695145)
Now THIS interests me. I noticed Karl's unique status the first day I ever started lurking here, before I joined. Now, I've read hundreds upon hundres of topics here and literally thousands upon thousands of posts. I know a few things from before my time........I'm down with the Jay Norem saga. I'm aware of what went down with Matt Smith.

But there are two things I have NEVER been able to figure out:
1) How Karl was allocated "Karl Member"-ship status.
2) What Caddywumpus' real name is.

Anyone got the skinny??

Unless Caddy wants to share, we will probably never know his first name.

Karl goes back almost to the beginning of this site. He became my first friend when I joined by his request.
I think that, "Karl Member" is kind of like receiving an honorary degree from a university.
Karl is a great person of note around here, as well as an excellent jazz drummer. He earned that title.

GRUNTERSDAD 05-01-2010 03:30 PM

Re: member
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobdadruma (Post 695062)
Oh you're just jealous because you're not a "Grunt Member"

I would have to be a Dad Member. My son is Grunt!!! Maybe I could be the Mayor??

Ian Williams 05-01-2010 04:00 PM

Re: member
 
I think - Grand Dad Member - would fit perfect, You have been around here quite a while, Dad.....Cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 695217)
I would have to be a Dad Member. My son is Grunt!!! Maybe I could be the Mayor??


GRUNTERSDAD 05-02-2010 03:54 PM

Re: member
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Williams (Post 695224)
I think - Grand Dad Member - would fit perfect, You have been around here quite a while, Dad.....Cheers,

And I am a Grand Dad. yeah, that's the ticket. What he said. And I love this place. I mean I'm talking to people from Venezuela, Australia, Finland, England. Wow.

bobdadruma 05-02-2010 04:06 PM

Re: member
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 695533)
And I am a Grand Dad. yeah, that's the ticket. What he said. And I love this place. I mean I'm talking to people from Venezuela, Australia, Finland, England. Wow.

Now that you are the Mayor, We'll have to design an official seal for you.

GRUNTERSDAD 05-02-2010 04:18 PM

Re: member
 
1 Attachment(s)
Maybe this one.................

bobdadruma 05-02-2010 04:31 PM

Re: member
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 695537)
Maybe this one.................

We have to photoshop some drum sticks in his flippers!
Perhaps Polly the diamond girl will draw a seal for you Mr Mayor.

brady 05-02-2010 11:26 PM

Re: member
 
Hi there....

I'm just chiming in to boost my post count. 800 more to go to be even close to being cool. :-)

That is all...

Ian Williams 05-03-2010 03:39 AM

Re: member
 
Congratulations!..........Mayor.....Sir, I salute you. Well deserved and We are proud of you!

Saludos,

Ian

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 695533)
And I am a Grand Dad. yeah, that's the ticket. What he said. And I love this place. I mean I'm talking to people from Venezuela, Australia, Finland, England. Wow.


GRUNTERSDAD 05-03-2010 03:54 AM

Re: member
 
Nothing is official. Remember I live in Florida, home of the hanging chad. the vote count isn't official. And it isn't self-appointed.

Ian Williams 05-03-2010 04:26 AM

Re: member
 
Oooops, sorry I was ahead then :-). I referred also, to your new member title - Mayor - achieved after Platinum. I like it, it's original.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 695745)
Nothing is official. Remember I live in Florida, home of the hanging chad. the vote count isn't official. And it isn't self-appointed.


GRUNTERSDAD 05-03-2010 05:03 AM

Re: member
 
I hadn't noticed that. In that case I will do whatever I can to make Drummerworld the city you all want it to be.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com