DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Bon Scott (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59714)

Ian Williams 03-08-2010 01:56 AM

Bon Scott

3 Attachment(s)
Ronald Belford Scott: Well-known as (Bon Scott) the former AC/DC singer.

Began his musical career as a drummer / vocals for the band called The Spektors. Then moved to lead singer with The Valentines, Fraternity and AC/DC.
Regarding drums - Bon, improved (no honed) his drumming technique playing on his drum-set rigged up at his Mum's house. In addition, he was a flautist and a bag piper.

.....His dragon spirit and lightning bolt energy remains alive!!!

Pollyanna 03-08-2010 11:32 AM

Re: Bon Scott

I didn't know Bon played drums. Wasn't he a roadie at first?

I lost interest in the band after Bon passed away because it was the combo of Angus's general amazingness, the band's down-to-earth grunt and Bon's wit and charisma that created the magic. Now they are just a kick-A rock n roll band.

Ian Williams 03-08-2010 12:26 PM

You have said it right, Bon had charisma and clever spark. Me too, I have lost interest in AC/DC after ''The Tattooed Dragon'' passed away...In fact, he was a roadie for a short time.

Thanks for your input!

spides666 03-09-2010 12:42 AM

I recently saw them here in Brisbane and man they were awesome..........they even flashed up some pics of Bon Scott on some songs which I thought was a nice touch....

Bon Scott even mentioned Brian Johnson back in the day and said to Angus check this guy out..........

I don't know if its' true but rumours goes Bon Scott said if he ever went Brian woul dbe a great replacement!!!

Pocket-full-of-gold 03-09-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spides666 (Post 674003)
I recently saw them here in Brisbane and man they were awesome..........they even flashed up some pics of Bon Scott on some songs which I thought was a nice touch....

Likewise with the Melbourne show. The second biggest roar of the night was reserved for the Bon Scott montage. What a brilliant way to honour the 30 years without him (for anyone wondering, the biggest roar was for the girls showing their assets during The Jack!!).

Ian Williams 03-09-2010 02:06 AM

I read something like that before, Bon was impressed with Brian's voice on the band Geordie. Also, Brian said that it was a big burden and responsibility for him to get into the shoes of the poet (Bon). Bon's dad said to Brian, carry on son! what a relief for Brian.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spides666 (Post 674003)

Bon Scott even mentioned Brian Johnson back in the day and said to Angus check this guy out..........

I don't know if its' true but rumours goes Bon Scott said if he ever went Brian woul dbe a great replacement!!!

Jeff Gordon #24 03-09-2010 09:07 AM

There will never ever be another Bon Scott. Brian Johnson's done well since we lost BS. But even he knows that you just can't fill his shoes. Bon was, truely, a one-of-a-kind singer and entertainer. Never to be duplicated.

Pollyanna 03-09-2010 09:11 AM

I only saw AccaDacca live once, in their early days when they supported a friend's band at a school dance. They were the stars but they had another gig to get to.

I was standing right in front of the stage and they were dynamite (TNT!) even back then ... I think it was around 1975 or 76.

Ian Williams 03-09-2010 12:50 PM

Very true, mate. I second that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Gordon #24 (Post 674131)
There will never ever be another Bon Scott. Brian Johnson's done well since we lost BS. But even he knows that you just can't fill his shoes. Bon was, truely, a one-of-a-kind singer and entertainner. Never to be duplicated.

Ian Williams 03-09-2010 12:57 PM

Wow, I wished to be there back then. How was Bon on the stage?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 674133)
I only saw AccaDacca live once, in their early days when they supported a friend's band at a school dance. They were the stars but they had another gig to get to.

I was standing right in front of the stage and they were dynamite (TNT!) even back then ... I think it was around 1975 or 76.

bonzolead 03-09-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Williams (Post 674164)

Ian I agree with you Brian Johnson is cool but he will never fill Bon's shoes I think Bon was as important too ACDC as John Bonham was too Led Zep.............irreplaceable. their last album has been the closest they came too "Back In Black" in a long time through.

Bonzolead

Ian Williams 03-09-2010 04:43 PM

You have hit the nail's head, mate. Bon Scott, John Bonham were the main links of those Power chains of AC/DC and Led Zeppelin.

Cheers and nice chatting with you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzolead (Post 674208)
Ian I agree with you Brian Johnson is cool but he will never fill Bon's shoes I think Bon was as important too ACDC as John Bonham was too Led Zep.............irreplaceable. their last album has been the closest they came too "Back In Black" in a long time through.

Bonzolead

Ian Williams 03-11-2010 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Guys are OK.....you can shake their hands.....Women are special.....you can hug 'em!

Ian Williams 03-12-2010 12:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
An interesting quote:

"My new schoolmates threatened to kick the shit out of me when they heard my Scottish accent. I had one week to learn to speak like them if I wanted to remain intact. Course, I didn't take any notice. No-one railroads me, and it made me all the more determined to speak my own way. That's how I got my name, you know. The Bonny Scot, see?" Bon Scott

.....It's a long way to the top, if you wanna rock n' roll.

Ian Williams 03-21-2010 06:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bon Scott fans enjoy it...

BassDriver 03-23-2010 11:48 AM

Wow, didn't know Bon was a drummer...

...I saw ACDC in Melbourne in Feb this year...

...and I wondered, did the arrival of Brian Johnson make the band more successful than they had ever been before?

Quote:

Yeah, there was something about Black Ice, it had this new touch about it...if ACDC changed their sound they wouldn't be as popular as they are...you will notice that they sound the same, I mean (not to confuse you), since Brian Johnson joined the band, ACDC's sound hasn't changed much until Black Ice...

...the bass grooves seemed really more prominent, the grooves really drove the songs this time...and Angus' lead playing held back a bit and Phil actually did some drumming that was a bit more intricate.

Mathew 7:21 03-25-2010 10:40 PM

The rumour also goes that just before Bon died he was going to leave the band. All of the recordings with Bon were great but Back in Black was awesome and Flick of the Switch was one of their most underated albums.

bonzolead 03-25-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathew 7:21 (Post 680632)
The rumour also goes that just before Bon died he was going to leave the band. All of the recordings with Bon were great but Back in Black was awesome and Flick of the Switch was one of their most underated albums.

I heard Bon wrote most of Back in Black before he died. That explains why it's so good, nobody but Bon could have wrote "Have a Drink on Me"

RIP Bon,
Bonzolead

Ian Williams 05-20-2010 03:40 AM

The other day, I was reading an article on Bon and he was asked this:

Q: Are you AC or DC?
......................................./
A: I am the ligthning bolt../_..in the middle!
......................................../
......................................./

......cleverly answered.

Hercules 05-20-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 674133)

I guess that's one positive about living in Oz - I used to regularly see Accadacca when they did gigs in the late 70s in Sydney - they were always entertaining and loud :-)

helenk579 05-27-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzolead (Post 674208)

Bonzolead

me too
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

wy yung 05-27-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Williams (Post 675212)

.....It's a long way to the top, if you wanna rock n' roll.

No no, the correct way to sing this is: "It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll."

At least that's how we sang it as kids.

Ian Williams 05-27-2010 02:31 PM

I am laughing to the bone! that's a good one mate......I can see that shop was a long way from your home ;-) ......Cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by wy yung (Post 705358)
No no, the correct way to sing this is: "It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll."

At least that's how we sang it as kids.

wy yung 05-27-2010 02:40 PM

It really is what we sang.

Like the Angels "No way get F***** F*** off!".

What an anthem THAT was!

Pocket-full-of-gold 05-27-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wy yung (Post 705387)

What an anthem THAT was!

Like a stroll down memory lane, Wy.......

We're a weird lot really.....must have caught it from the Poms!!

:-)

wy yung 05-27-2010 02:53 PM

No no, we're a weird mob. ;-)

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=they're+a+weird+mob&hl=en&rlz=1T4GFRE_enA U361AU361&prmd=v&source=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&ei=M2 v-S6K4J8yGkAXP4r2qDQ&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=t itle&resnum=4&ved=0CDMQqwQwAw

Ian Williams 05-27-2010 03:28 PM

Something like "Can't shoot, root or electrocute that guy."

wy yung 05-27-2010 03:31 PM

What eats roots and leaves?

A wombat!

;-)

Pollyanna 05-27-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Williams (Post 674164)

It was such a long time ago I can't remember. Angus made a bigger impact on me, actually. The little guy's multitasking is pretty amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wy Yung

What an anthem THAT was!

Haha, everyone would be at the club on a Sunday night and once the DJ put on The Angels the chant would come up. It was ridikulouss ... but we all did it ...

Ian Williams 05-27-2010 03:51 PM

Another one is, pillow biter = ..................

I'm cracking a laugh here......Wy, thanks.

wy yung 05-27-2010 04:01 PM

Any time mate.

Now, Mr Bon Scott, champion of the humble sausage roll!

http://www.patisserienewyork.com.au/...age%20Roll.JPG

Ian Williams 05-27-2010 04:07 PM

Yes! Angus is amazing and a hell of a guitar player, puts in a good show. He is kind like the heart and Malcolm the brain in AC/DC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 705417)
It was such a long time ago I can't remember. Angus made a bigger impact on me, actually. The little guy's multitasking is pretty amazing. ...

Ian Williams 05-27-2010 04:21 PM

Cos, I'm TNT...I'm Dynamite!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wy yung (Post 705425)
Any time mate.

Now, Mr Bon Scott, champion of the humble sausage roll!

Ian Williams 05-29-2010 02:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bon in action: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be, Live 1977.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LJk2_6CRcU

Pollyanna 05-29-2010 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Williams (Post 705977)
Bon in action: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be, Live 1977.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LJk2_6CRcU

I like the money beat pavement that Phil Rudd's laying down during the verses in that one.

Ian Williams 05-30-2010 09:34 PM

Fellows, enjoy this one too.

Sin City: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMNA...eature=related

I like the close-up on Phil Rudd's playing his 7-pc set, as well.

Ian Williams 06-04-2010 02:52 AM

These threads will not bring - Bon - back to life, indeed his strong spirit remains alive....We keep fueling them.

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap: Look what happened at minute 2:42.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH8N4...eature=related

It's A Long Way To The Top, If You Wanna Rock N' Roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a3FCugMNZE

........or "It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll."