DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Graphic Design (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58180)

masonni 01-31-2010 08:21 AM

Graphic Design
 
Hey gang,
aside from Drummer, one thing that I am going to start doing is custom graphic design work. I have a degree in it that I just never use, and it is something I enjoy doing in my spare time. So if any of you are in need of some artwork let me know.

I can cover Logo Design
Web Banners
Web and Print ads (I did Regal Tips Modern Drummer and Drum! ads for 3 years)
Posters
Flyers
Cd Artwork
T-Shirt Designs
Comp and Zed Cards
and Bass Drum logos

Take a look as some examples here www.nickmason.org/art.html
and if your interested email me for prices and info.

Thanks!

GRUNTERSDAD 01-31-2010 03:38 PM

Re: Graphic Design
 
Congrats on branching out and good luck with your new endeavor.

femila 07-26-2010 08:52 PM

Re: Graphic Design
 
the graphical design and web design is to same think.the contain have any self of submitted for the site http://www.thewebpole.com/ so you have to plz see it...

Coldhardsteel 09-15-2010 01:13 PM

Re: Graphic Design
 
Masonni, I've been meaning to ask someone in the field:

How much of graphic design, in the educational system, is using technology, and how much of it is application of the principles of design and elements of art?

Pollyanna 09-16-2010 03:03 AM

Re: Graphic Design
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldhardsteel (Post 744840)
How much of graphic design, in the educational system, is using technology, and how much of it is application of the principles of design and elements of art?

I've done graphic design too, Steel, and most of it is the latter. A designer can create something appropriate and pleasing without the technology, but technology helps - it's a tool. You only need to look at some home grown websites to see what happens when technology is married to a lack of design skills.

However, like drummers, not all graphic designers are created equal. Gotta get those chops in there somehow!

:)

Coldhardsteel 09-16-2010 04:59 AM

Re: Graphic Design
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 745077)
I've done graphic design too, Steel, and most of it is the latter. A designer can create something appropriate and pleasing without the technology, but technology helps - it's a tool. You only need to look at some home grown websites to see what happens when technology is married to a lack of design skills.

However, like drummers, not all graphic designers are created equal. Gotta get those chops in there somehow!

:)

Polly, because of that link, you are now my favorite poster.

I'm glad to hear that technology isn't a necessity for being a designer, but it obviously holds a large amount of workforce in its talons of microchips and processors.

Pollyanna 09-17-2010 08:23 AM

Re: Graphic Design
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldhardsteel (Post 745110)
Polly, because of that link, you are now my favorite poster.

I'm glad to hear that technology isn't a necessity for being a designer, but it obviously holds a large amount of workforce in its talons of microchips and processors.

It's classic, isn't it? :)

My band's singer has been a designer for years. He can design for print or web (he designed our band's website), and also makes models (he created the hospital for the set of this short film), costumes, designed landscapes, did the interieor design for his apartment ... some people simply have the knack. If he didn't have a Mac or PC he'd design cool things with whatever tools he had available.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com