DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drummers (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mark Brzezicki (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5796)

averypoordrummer 12-30-2005 12:27 PM

Mark Brzezicki

iv searched the whole forum and found no mention of him. when he was drumming for big country he was absolutely amazing. really tight and he had a kind of "marching" style which made his drumming instantly recognisable. anybody else heard of him and heard some of his work?

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers...Brzezicki.html
www.bigcountry.co.uk

rockitman 12-30-2005 07:16 PM

Re: Mark Brzezicki

All I ever heard was that self titled hit BIG COUNTRY. As I can recall the
chops on it were pretty tasty and his time was nice too.

dtxdrummer 12-31-2005 02:09 AM

Hi...just to add a bit more info....
Mark Brzezicki is currently with Procol Harum and has been for about 10 years or so...he has played on lots of stuff for others like The Cult.(Love Album).,Fish, Midge Ure, Leo Sayer, Joan Armatrading, Peter Gabriel, Pete Townsend...and probably loads more
Check out Pete Townsends White City album...it also features some wonderous playing from Simon Phillips as well as Mark Brzezicki.
Hi plays some great Gaddish style grooves and has fantastic cymbal work in my opinion...manu type splashes etc...definately one of my fave drummers and very inspiring

averypoordrummer 01-24-2006 05:45 PM

has no-one heard of mark brzezicki? he is absolutely inspiring!
CHECK HIM OUT!
YOU WILL BE IMPRESSED!

foghorn2 01-27-2006 04:23 AM

Very underrated drummer! Very underrated band, which happens to be my favorite Rock band.

All you classic rockers must purchase "Undercover", a cover album by BIg Country.
You got 'em doing anything from Alice Cooper to Black Sabbath to Roxy Music. Incredible covers from a truely great band.

averypoordrummer 01-28-2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foghorn2
Very underrated drummer! Very underrated band, which happens to be my favorite Rock band.

All you classic rockers must purchase "Undercover", a cover album by BIg Country.
You got 'em doing anything from Alice Cooper to Black Sabbath to Roxy Music. Incredible covers from a truely great band.

you have fine taste

they're my favourite band too

foghorn2 02-10-2006 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by averypoordrummer
you have fine taste

they're my favourite band too

So do you! Did you know Mark put out a buch of songs solo like Copeland's KK album? I just don't know where to find it!

averypoordrummer 02-10-2006 07:19 PM

wow! i had no idea at all! do you know of any links where there are videos of him?

tripster 03-07-2006 02:01 PM

He is a great drummer! The self titled Big Country record has some incredible tom beats. Really, really, interesting.

averypoordrummer 03-09-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripster
He is a great drummer! The self titled Big Country record has some incredible tom beats. Really, really, interesting.

yeah, are you thinking of their first album "The Crossing"? track four "1000 Stars is unbeleivable.

also his cymbal work on "Porroh Man" simply beyond me, no idea how he does it

fixmejesus 12-17-2006 06:10 AM

One of the best alltime. He played for Proco Harem and the Cult and others also.

Take a listen to "Where the Rose is Sown" from Steeltown.

A legend drummer who played with a legenday guitarist, Stuart Adamson (RIP).

Roeder 05-24-2008 12:38 AM

Necromancing this thread to give props to Mark Brzezicki. Super solid.

Ian G! 02-20-2009 07:56 PM

Hi All! My favourite all time drummer is Mark.He is performing at the Cavern Club in Liverpool on March 7th.He is doing a drum clinic as part of a Big Country fan Convention.It is an all day/evening event and he will be chatting about his career and signing too!I believe he plans to tour Europe too on a drum clinic tour!contact me if you would like more info.You can pay on the door at the Cavern on the day!

Ian Williams 02-20-2009 10:00 PM

[quote=averypoordrummer;55198]

anybody else heard of him and heard some of his work?

QUOTE]

Yes in fact, He played the drums for an studio album "Love", of the band The Cult. It was back in 1985, quite remarkable drumming. Songs like: Nirvana, Revolution...

All The Best,