DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What should you be doing instead of being on dw (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57137)

ANIMALBEATS 01-05-2010 03:30 PM

What should you be doing instead of being on dw

IM supposed to be applying to uni, but cant get of this dam forum, its too good i tell's yah.

DSCRAPRE 01-05-2010 03:33 PM

Re: What should you be doing instead of being on dw

I'm at school, I should be doin' some work.

Naigewron 01-05-2010 03:37 PM

Working .

wy yung 01-05-2010 03:56 PM

Nothing. It is 1.54 am and I have nowhere to be in the morning. Most of my pupils are away til next month. I'll practice when I wake up.

Garvin 01-05-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wy yung (Post 648984)
Nothing. It is 1.54 am and I have nowhere to be in the morning. Most of my pupils are away til next month. I'll practice when I wake up.

I love that its 2:00 am on the other side of the planet. I'm at work trying to get started on some stuff, but I always spend the first couple hours of the day clicking around my various favorite websites. I gotta say Wy, I'd be sound asleep at 2:00am...

Big Foot 01-05-2010 04:40 PM

I should be practicing...

wy yung 01-05-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garvin (Post 649012)
I love that its 2:00 am on the other side of the planet. I'm at work trying to get started on some stuff, but I always spend the first couple hours of the day clicking around my various favorite websites. I gotta say Wy, I'd be sound asleep at 2:00am...

2.38 am now. My body clock has never recovered from the late night life of a muso. I have nowhere to be and no one to see until a student shows on Thursday. Australia's getting it's butt kicked in the cricket so I would rather sleep.

harryconway 01-05-2010 09:05 PM

I should be drinking coffee. I should never be on the computer before I have my first cup. With my first cup, maybe. But before my first cup......

That Guy 01-05-2010 09:18 PM

Saving the world from the clutches of the mindless evil Schnaglebandito and his minions of subtle control.

zambizzi 01-05-2010 09:21 PM

Sleeping.

Or, work...

wy yung 01-05-2010 09:25 PM

I'd planned on sleeping in but woke up in shock about an hour ago.

I think I ate a bad curry for dinner last night. Man oh man am I ill.

And for some reason my left hand is killing me.

Now I've really got nothing to do. Unless I have to race to the bathroom again!

ANIMALBEATS 01-06-2010 01:48 AM

run wy yung run............!

whats m.u.m.l.a.f .........?

Tropellor 01-06-2010 02:06 AM

It's ok Wy, Hussey got his Century and we'll get 'em in Hobart. Nothing like a bit of competition.

Hope your feeling better.

T.Underhill 01-26-2010 12:23 AM

Pushing an Adobe patch to 6K+ systems. Eh...eventually.

Pollyanna 01-26-2010 01:17 AM

Editing Dad's memoirs, making a cartoon, cleaning my flat, drumming practice, calling a friend.

All of these take some effort and this doesn't, which of course is why I'm here :)

maddrummr 01-26-2010 04:01 AM

I should be using natural logs to solve integrals....

Mr. Pasquini 01-26-2010 07:02 AM

Reading for one of my four history classes..

Moldy 01-26-2010 07:26 AM

Editing some lyrics, working on my left hand's stick grip, browsing for jobs in my area, practicing chords on my guitar...

Neil 01-27-2010 03:31 PM

Setting up a new route with the network to allow an external company VPN access to a remote site.
Funny the amount of times I pick up the phone and say 'Give me 10 minutes just in the middle of something' as I'm clicking through these forums.

Skulmoski 01-27-2010 03:41 PM

No guilt with me; I am caught up with all my chores and commitments! I haven't worked since Jan 6! However, I am back to work Feb 8.

Today, I just made a large batch of chilli and I am waiting for some special friends to arrive.

GJs

Pollyanna 01-27-2010 04:13 PM

I should be sleeping but it's been a hot night and I've spent over an hour trying to sleep with a bloody mosquito buzzing around. Just when I'd nod off .... BZZZZWWOWWW!

Half asleep now as I type .... can't go on ......... don't know w................................................. .

zildjank09 01-31-2010 09:02 PM

Absolutly anything other than being on here!
but why not, it takes me away into my own little world..

Pass.of.E.r.a. 02-05-2010 11:13 AM

SLEEPING!!!!

arrgh... after having half an ice cappuccino from Tim Hortons I have been wired since 9:00pm.

it is now 3:10am, I'm wide a wake, have school tomorrow, and have discovered I have a very low tolerance to caffeine.

I officially hate caffeine with a passion. (sorry to all you coffee lovers out there)

-Jonathan

Moldy 02-05-2010 11:54 AM

Stop now while you can. I've recently given up coffee/caffeine after years of everything from cups of joe to cappucinos to NOS/Monster/Rockstar energy drinks to energy shots to... well, I was chugging liters of energy drinks at one point. Withdrawal sucked hardcore. Would've been undoable were I not unemployed.

Also, I should be sleeping now but had a long nap earlier.

Big_Philly 02-05-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moldy (Post 661015)
Stop now while you can. I've recently given up coffee/caffeine after years of everything from cups of joe to cappucinos to NOS/Monster/Rockstar energy drinks to energy shots to... well, I was chugging liters of energy drinks at one point. Withdrawal sucked hardcore. Would've been undoable were I not unemployed.

Also, I should be sleeping now but had a long nap earlier.

I don't do energy drinks, period. I do drink coffee, but I limit my intake. Just to be sure that my energy comes naturally, not chemically.

To respond to the thread: I should be hauling my ass over to a pupil. Which I will do now.

wy yung 02-05-2010 02:07 PM

Well it's hot! I taught drums from 4 'til 8 pm. I am home it is still freaking hot and humid at 12.05 am. I am posting on DW about how hot it is.

I am willing to take suggestions.

wy yung 02-05-2010 02:11 PM

And it just started raining which means the humidity will increase.

Any more questions?

What should I be doing??? I should be asleep but it's too freaking hot!!

The border of Scotland eh?

Pass.of.E.r.a. 02-05-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moldy (Post 661015)

haha don't worry. I'm by no means an addict, I have these on average once every two months or so, don't drink pop and cannot stand the taste of energy drinks. All in all I try to avoid super-sugary things at all costs. Besides as I found out last night I have no tolerance what so ever to this sort of thing and I'd prefer to keep it that way!!

Thanks for the concern though!

-Jonathan

Moldy 02-05-2010 10:47 PM

Best I warn people before they follow me down a dark dark sugary sweet and hyper path.

Thaard 02-05-2010 10:56 PM

Passing time untill tomorrow. Gonna make some sketch-movies with some of my friends, all improvised.

ANIMALBEATS 02-10-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zildjank09 (Post 663021)
well instead of leaving replys on here earlier this evening i should have left work on time so my girlfriend could give me the usuall nightly call. She wasn`t going to bother this evening but i told her to call as i love to hear her voice.
My phone went at the usuall time but i didn`t answer it because i was to busy sending my message on here.
Evevtually rang her back and told her i was in the loo.
Now tonight she has been on here and seen that instead of sending her the usuall text to say i`m on my way home, so we could chat.
All along i was on here.
Times on threads are not a good a good thing.
How do i get out of that one!!
I can`t really can I!

Ha ha, I like it..................

Moldy 02-10-2010 01:14 PM

I should be sleeping. Again. Ain't life grand.

Drums101 02-10-2010 08:24 PM

When your not on dw, you should be playing drums.

ANIMALBEATS 02-12-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wy yung (Post 661042)
And it just started raining which means the humidity will increase.

Any more questions?

What should I be doing??? I should be asleep but it's too freaking hot!!

The border of Scotland eh?

Ie the "bonnie" borders of Scotland; if you've never been i suggest you come, the whole contry realy is magical. From the gentile hills of the borders, to the breathtaking mountains of the west coast, to the flat plains of the east.

Pollyanna 02-12-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANIMALBEATS (Post 663926)
Ie the "bonnie" borders of Scotland; if you've never been i suggest you come, the whole contry realy is magical. From the gentile hills of the borders, to the breathtaking mountains of the west coast, to the flat plains of the east.

Ok, it reached 37C here today and now it's about 25C with high humidity. However, I note that in Glasgow at the moment the max temps are about 7 or 8C max and going down to freezing overnight. Don't fancy that at all, Animal but I guess it makes you less lazy than our heat :)

DemonicIllusion 05-24-2010 11:56 AM

i should study for my exam which starts in 3 hours lol

aydee 05-24-2010 12:08 PM

Trying to stop my best friend from getting divorced.

wy yung 05-24-2010 12:40 PM

I should be creating a thread devoted to a drum solo book for Swiss Mathias. But I've left it in the teaching room at the shop. It must wait until I pick it up.

Swiss Matthias 05-24-2010 01:06 PM

I read that!! ;)

GRUNTERSDAD 05-31-2010 06:24 PM

I should be trimming the bushes around the hose but its 90 degrees outside. That's 32.2222 for you Celsius lads and ladetts.