DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drummers (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Frankie Banali (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56883)

Ian Williams 12-26-2009 10:29 PM

Frankie Banali
 
2 Attachment(s)
Do you remember Frankie?

A hard-hitting, deep pocket, heavy rock drummer with an thunder touch of John Bonham energy. Best known for his work with Quiet Riot and WASP, session drummer for Billy Idol and many other artists...A Ludwig fanatic drummer!

Check: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Cjp...eature=related

latzanimal 01-06-2010 10:30 AM

Re: Frankie Banali
 
I've met Frankie a couple of times. First time at NAMM around '99, he was very gracious and talked to me and another drummer for quite a while. Second time was after a show in Peoria a year or 2 after and he seemed to remember us.

He always seems like a guy you can go hang and have a beer with...

Ian Williams 01-06-2010 07:47 PM

Re: Frankie Banali
 
Very well, You had the chance to meet Frankie. He seems to be a pleasant and humble person besides drumming.....Thanks for sharing your experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by latzanimal (Post 649385)
I've met Frankie a couple of times. First time at NAMM around '99, he was very gracious and talked to me and another drummer for quite a while. Second time was after a show in Peoria a year or 2 after and he seemed to remember us.

He always seems like a guy you can go hang and have a beer with...


wolfmoon 01-06-2010 08:17 PM

Re: Frankie Banali
 
There use to be a thread on him here somewhere. He's a great drummer. Not flashy or fancy but rock solid and as tight as can be. I saw him a few years back in a restaurant with Kevin Dubrow when Quiet Riot was on tour and playing my area. he was sitting waiting to be seated. I knew it was him right away but I didn't say anything ... the place was packed. He sat a few tables away from us. He ate and took off for the show. I looked at his website that night and sent him an email telling him I saw him blah blah. he wrote back the next day and said the food was great and I should have said hi. yeah. I should have. If there is ever a next time I will do that. I guess the real reason I didn't was because you know... some people don't like it. They want to go and do the things we all do without being hounded or what not. I can respect that. He seems to be a down to earth guy. There after reading his fan letters on his site and reading all of his replies to them.... he's an incredibly nice guy and cares about his fans. I'm sorry I didn't stop him and say hi. He doesn't have his personal website anymore for some reason. I can't find it. But here is his myspace and some other links.

http://www.myspace.com/frankiebanali

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankie_Banali

http://www.sabian.com/EN/artists/Frankie_Banali.cfm

Ian Williams 01-06-2010 08:42 PM

Re: Frankie Banali
 
Believe it or not, it's an awesome story that You lived. It reminds me the old saying " Never judge a book by its cover".

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfmoon (Post 649511)
There use to be a thread on him here somewhere. He's a great drummer. Not flashy or fancy but rock solid and as tight as can be. I saw him a few years back in a restaurant with Kevin Dubrow when Quiet Riot was on tour and playing my area. he was sitting waiting to be seated. I knew it was him right away but I didn't say anything ... the place was packed. He sat a few tables away from us. He ate and took off for the show. I looked at his website that night and sent him an email telling him I saw him blah blah. he wrote back the next day and said the food was great and I should have said hi. yeah. I should have. If there is ever a next time I will do that. I guess the real reason I didn't was because you know... some people don't like it. They want to go and do the things we all do without being hounded or what not. I can respect that. He seems to be a down to earth guy. There after reading his fan letters on his site and reading all of his replies to them.... he's an incredibly nice guy and cares about his fans. I'm sorry I didn't stop him and say hi. He doesn't have his personal website anymore for some reason. I can't find it. But here is his myspace and some other links.

http://www.myspace.com/frankiebanali

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankie_Banali

http://www.sabian.com/EN/artists/Frankie_Banali.cfm


MikeM 01-16-2010 12:06 PM

Re: Frankie Banali
 
I remember when QR hit it big. I wasn't a huge metal fan but I did catch them on TV one night and the first thing I noticed was how hard he hit his drums and how noticeable his solidness was. I became a Frankie Banali fan right there. I then went to go see them when they came to town, and he was great. Kind of a precursor to like likes of Mike Bordin and Dave Grohl.

Just an aside: That Quiet Riot tour also gave me the chance to see Cozy Powell drumming for Whitesnake, who opened for Quiet Riot that tour. I saw Cozy Powell one more time with Emerson Lake and Powell - RIP Cozy.

Ian Williams 01-16-2010 04:24 PM

Re: Frankie Banali
 
I wish to have the chance to meet any of these drummers personally - what a great experience should it be - By the way, how was Cozy's performance with Whitesnake? Did he played songs like Stargazer, Kill The King, Beethoven 9th, Long Live Rock 'N' Roll?

Very good post, thanks!


Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeM (Post 653346)
I remember when QR hit it big. I wasn't a huge metal fan but I did catch them on TV one night and the first thing I noticed was how hard he hit his drums and how noticeable his solidness was. I became a Frankie Banali fan right there. I then went to go see them when they came to town, and he was great. Kind of a precursor to like likes of Mike Bordin and Dave Grohl.

Just an aside: That Quiet Riot tour also gave me the chance to see Cozy Powell drumming for Whitesnake, who opened for Quiet Riot that tour. I saw Cozy Powell one more time with Emerson Lake and Powell - RIP Cozy.


Ian Williams 01-16-2010 04:30 PM

Re: Frankie Banali
 
I agree Frankie Banali is rock solid. He's drumming in Metal Health, Condition Critical, QR III, showed what his got in his pocket.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com