DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   2009 your year in review (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56658)

mcbike 12-21-2009 02:40 AM

2009 your year in review

How was everybody's 2009? any new bands? best shows? worst shows? any new albums? new gear?

show count: 147 shows, with 3 bands
best show: jacksonville Irish festival 8,000 people, huge 120 foot stage, good times.
worst show: some bar in yonker's new york ugh. The people in the bar didn't even acknowledge our existence in a TINY bar, and the manager wouldn't let us take breaks we played 3 hours straight.
new albums: didn't put out a new release this year, but one is being mixed right now and should be out soon. fingers crossed
new gear - gretsch new classic cob snare. a few new cymbals.

I wish I had a count of how many pairs of sticks I went through, I guess I can go through my reciepts, that would be interesting.

jer 12-21-2009 02:17 PM

Re: 2009 your year in review

67 shows, 3 bands.

Best: Edmundston New Brunswick, small cafe, 45 people. 4-5 days into a tour, vocalist looses his voice, can hardly project, we played super quiet so he didn't have to fight to be heard, the place was all eyes on us, had people from ages 17-70 in the audience, best reception ever.

Worst: Quebec City, St. Patrick's Day, 100? folks. No one cared about the band.

Released one album in March (although I tracked 2 years before we finished it), quit that band 6 months later. Recorded 3rd album with another band, due for completion in the spring.

Acquired Gear: late 70's Acrolite, 60's 13" Slingerland tom, 80's Swingstar kick. H&B Enduro hard case for cymbals, Steady Case soft cymbal bag with shoulder straps.

Not the busiest year for me by far, but I did get more weekends off to spend with the gf. I wanted it that way.

KnockOut86 12-21-2009 03:06 PM

No shows for me, but it's okay.

Now that I've finally finished up school after graduating in May, I have for the first time since I started drumming 9 years ago been able to play (almost) every single day. Through the last four years of college, I was lucky if I played once a month!! I bought a brand new set in July that I love, and have also been adding lots of cymbals and other gear. To sum it up: I can finally devote the time necessary to progress in my hobby. I find myself just sitting and staring at my set after I'm done playing with a big dumb smile on my face just elated at how happy I am to be able to play all the time.

I also joined DW around the same time I bought my new set, and I have learned sooo much about drumming over that period of time. Thanks everyone!!

DSCRAPRE 12-21-2009 03:34 PM

No shows, no band, no nothing...yet.

I actually just started drumming this year. I bought my awesome Gretsch Catalina Club Rock, all of my stands and cymbals, sticks, books, DVDs and a sweet John Bonham-style Bowler Cap this year. I learned everything that I know about drumming (not much...) this year. I joined DW in August. Twas a good (albeit expensive) year.