DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Where do I go now? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55100)

Mr. Pasquini 10-28-2009 05:13 PM

Where do I go now?

Gentlemen (And Ladies, of course)
I've been much less active on these boards over the last 7 or 8 months than ever before, I roll around the forums every day a number of times, but tend not to post as much. My excuse is I've been working really hard with my band in order to produce a desirable sound and some nice songs. The process is by no means over, but I'm trying to become just as active as I used to be, therefore:

Where do I go now? I manage my band, we've gotten a few bookings at a local joint, my automatic drive is to book more shows, but what else should I be doing? I'm having a logo designed, t-shirts will be printed, practice will be had, new songs will be written, eventually we will do some recording. We draw a very sizable crowd (especially for the tiny bar we tend to play in), thanks to a dedicated family and some awesome friends. We haven't played many shows, but the owner of the local venue really likes what we're doing. What else do we need to do. I don't know how far I can take all of this, but at the moment, I see no reason to stop pushing forward.

Mediocrefunkybeat 10-28-2009 05:22 PM

Re: Where do I go now?

Keep doing what you're doing and try to get involved with as much Internet activity as possible to promote your band. Setting up a good band website is a great way to get started. Book more shows and try to book as many as far away as you can manage - build up your live fanbase and they will talk about you. That can only be good for publicity.

alparrott 10-28-2009 05:26 PM

I second having a good web site. Another idea is to make MySpace and Facebook listings for your band... gets the word out pretty fast and also builds up a fan base. Also consider selling your music through iTunes...

Ian Williams 10-28-2009 07:07 PM

Keep up with your objectives to achieve your goals. Good luck on your endeavour.

TTNW 10-28-2009 09:48 PM

Don't overlook the fact that labels and A&R guys are not inaccessible.

Leave phone messages, emails and send letters to all these industry types and invite them to your shows.

You might be surprised that one of these guys could show up to your show.

Even if it doesn't mean stardom, opportunities arise for those that transcend boundaries.

wy yung 10-29-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alparrott (Post 626890)
I second having a good web site. Another idea is to make MySpace and Facebook listings for your band... gets the word out pretty fast and also builds up a fan base. Also consider selling your music through iTunes...

Great advice! I worked with a guy a while ago who through his Myspace and iTunes got his album to # 4 on the US blues chart.