DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Quad-pedal blasting!! (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53991)

Thaard 09-21-2009 01:09 PM

Quad-pedal blasting!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otBWf...e=channel_page

If ya wanna make your drums sound like a prolonged fart, use quad pedals with triggers.

keep it simple 09-21-2009 06:45 PM

Re: Quad-pedal blasting!!

Quite the worst piece of pretentious drum rubbish I've heard in a long time!

eddiehimself 09-21-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep it simple (Post 615198)

That's what i said the last time someone posted this video! It is rather lolish though.

keep it simple 09-21-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiehimself (Post 615214)
That's what i said the last time someone posted this video! It is rather lolish though.

Agreed. I think the only thing you can do is laugh. This pedal trend must come to a grinding halt soon unless someone develops a third triple pedal for the middle leg & gentlemans vegetables!

Skulmoski 09-22-2009 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep it simple (Post 615198)

Sadly, now that this is on the internet, the performer cannot escape this dismal performance. A wide generation gap exists between me and those who aspire to blast beats! Yikes!

GJS

Pocket-full-of-gold 09-23-2009 07:13 AM

Good.....the old and very predictable 'drummer jokes' were becoming so tiresome and boring. This video alone may well set the path for a host of new ones, then at least I may finally get a giggle!!

Whilst I have no desire to sound elitist (I am a huge advocate of 'to each his/her own'....if you like them and want to use them, then who am I to nay-say?) But I do fear the day these things actually become mainstream. I can only get on my knees and pray, they don't become the 'next big thing' with the blast-beaters. Generation gap indeed...and I'm only 37....surely that's not 'past it'?

Thanks for posting...very enjoyable thread and exceptionally funny vid!!

Pollyanna 09-23-2009 11:29 AM

Pocket, oh to be so young! :) You ain't past it, you just know the meaning of the word "enough".

I couldn't hear the guy's playing properly because of that really loud buzzing static that kept swamping the video sound. I had Winamp open at the time and at first thought it had crashed and gone into that high-speed repeat thing.

You'd really think the guy would have noticed the technical fault and fixed it up before posting on YouTube!

*wink*

Halon451 09-23-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold (Post 615790)
Good.....the old and very predictable 'drummer jokes' were becoming so tiresome and boring. This video alone may well set the path for a host of new ones, then at least I may finally get a giggle!!

Whilst I have no desire to sound elitist (I am a huge advocate of 'to each his/her own'....if you like them and want to use them, then who am I to nay-say?) But I do fear the day these things actually become mainstream. I can only get on my knees and pray, they don't become the 'next big thing' with the blast-beaters. Generation gap indeed...and I'm only 37....surely that's not 'past it'?

Thanks for posting...very enjoyable thread and exceptionally funny vid!!

Well, I'm nearing 36 myself, and I agree "to each his/her own", but there's a point in my humble opinion where enough is enough. I think someone below said it, that it made his drums "fart", and I didn't really appreciate anything musical about it whatsoever. Hopefully this doesn't mean that I'm just out of the loop myself now too and the younger kids are onto something I'm not! :)

razorx 09-23-2009 05:10 PM

That was cool for about 4 seconds.