DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Make my birthday list! =D (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50093)

805Drummer 05-18-2009 04:44 AM

Make my birthday list! =D
 
MY BIRTHDAY IS MAY 27TH AND I'M SO EXCITED.

Since joshisace's dad won't be needing anything, I thought I'd have Drummerworld give me suggestions on what to ask for.

Price should be in the $100-ish range.


(specs) 24" PDP 805 bass drum
-Evans EMAD with white Evans double kick patch
14" PDP 805 snare drum
-Aquarian Hi-Energy head / Remo Diplomat hazy
13" PDP 805 rack tom tom
-Remo Ebony Pinstripe / Aquarian Performance II
16" PDP 805 floor tom
-Remo Ebony Pinstripe / Aquarian Performance II
18" PDP 805 floor tom
-stock heads
------------
14" Zildjian New Beat hi hats
16" Zildjian A Medium Thin crash
18" Zildjian A Medium Thin crash
20" Zildjian A Medium ride
10" Zildjian ZXT Flash Splash
------------
PDP HH800 hi-hat stand
PDP CB800 boom stand
PDP CS800 straight stand
PDP SS800 snare stand
Dixon Lightweight boom stand
Pearl CH70 cymbal holder
Pacific 700 straight cymbal stand
------------
DW 5002AD3 Accelerator double kick pedal
Roc-n-soc Lunar throne
Ahead Joey Jordison drumsticks / Vic Firth Rock Maple 5A's
Flip Video camcorder / JVC Everio GZ-MG555
Vic Firth SIH1 headphones
------------


Any suggestion go, from novelty to practical.
READY SET GO!


wolfmoon 05-18-2009 04:49 AM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Times are tough. Do your parents a favor and don't ask for expensive things. Just accept whatever the gift may be and be greatful. That will go farther than anything on your list. Have a Happy Bday.

805Drummer 05-18-2009 04:51 AM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfmoon (Post 576204)
Times are tough. Do your parents a favor and don't ask for expensive things. Just accept whatever the gift may be and be greatful. That will go farther than anything on your list. Have a Happy Bday.

Thing is, they have no clue what I want xD

"What are those big shiny metal things on top of the red and black circles?"

wolfmoon 05-18-2009 04:55 AM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Ok, well here is a suggestion. How about a gift card for your local Guitar Center OR a better store if there is one in your area ??

TwistedCamel 05-18-2009 04:57 AM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Very nice. But my birthday is 4 days earlier!

805Drummer 05-18-2009 05:13 AM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfmoon (Post 576209)
Ok, well here is a suggestion. How about a gift card for your local Guitar Center OR a better store if there is one in your area ??

I mean, that'd be nice, but gift cards take away some of the excitement (read: ALL of the excitement) of opening presents for your birthday.

Plus, Guitar Center is overpriced, and price-matching is a pain.

GRUNTERSDAD 05-18-2009 06:07 AM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
If they don't know what you have you will have to give them suggestions anyway, so a gift card would work nice.

And my birthday was Saturday, and I'm still waiting to see what you guys have mailed to me.

joshisaces 05-18-2009 06:09 AM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Hahaha my dad won't need anything XD


Hm,

DW 5000 Straight/Boom Stand ;]
http://dwdrums.com/hardware/hwpics/5000/5700.jpg


Brick of sticks.
http://www.drumsonsale.com/images/vf-sticks-BOX.gif

18" Stagg DH china (I don't think the 14" would have enough bite for a main china)
http://www.2112online.com/istg/dhch.jpg


24" Evans Emad Res head & Reso for your 18" Floor tom

http://images.miretail.com/products/.../506452jpg.jpg
http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:L...stion_mark.jpg(For Res head for 18" floor)




All I've thought of so far.

joshisaces 05-18-2009 06:47 AM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 576230)
If they don't know what you have you will have to give them suggestions anyway, so a gift card would work nice.

And my birthday was Saturday, and I'm still waiting to see what you guys have mailed to me.

Oops. Don't have your address so you get nothing. I was going to buy you a 50th anniversary Gretsch snare (only the best for you), but.......

805Drummer 05-18-2009 01:29 PM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by joshisaces (Post 576231)
Hahaha my dad won't need anything XD


Hm,

DW 9000 Straight/Boom Stand
http://dwdrums.com/hardware/hwpics/9000/9700.jpg


Brick of sticks.
http://www.drumsonsale.com/images/vf-sticks-BOX.gif

18" Stagg DH china (I don't think the 14" would have enough bite for a main china)
http://www.2112online.com/istg/dhch.jpg


24" Evans Emad Res head & Reso for your 18" Floor tom

http://images.miretail.com/products/.../506452jpg.jpg
http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:L...stion_mark.jpg(For Res head for 18" floor)




All I've thought of so far.

You totally nailed what I need (from my wishlist:), but I kinda wanted to ask for something more...creative. I'm not sure.

But like, with the whole cymbal stand, I'm definitely going for the 5000, not the 9000--the price is too much of a difference for a level of professional that I don't even need.

joshisaces 05-18-2009 08:28 PM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 576300)
You totally nailed what I need (from my wishlist:), but I kinda wanted to ask for something more...creative. I'm not sure.

But like, with the whole cymbal stand, I'm definitely going for the 5000, not the 9000--the price is too much of a difference for a level of professional that I don't even need.

Creative? Like what kind of creative?

Oh, you can ask for the trick beaters too.

805Drummer 05-18-2009 09:44 PM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by joshisaces (Post 576370)
Creative? Like what kind of creative?

Oh, you can ask for the trick beaters too.

I don't know, just out-of-the-box stuff.

I think for the most part, I know what I want.

freebirdgdw 05-18-2009 11:16 PM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
How bout something different and musical like:
-cowbell
-tambourine
-wooden block
-timpani
-bell, etc

805Drummer 05-18-2009 11:43 PM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by freebirdgdw (Post 576430)
How bout something different and musical like:
-cowbell
-tambourine
-wooden block
-timpani
-bell, etc

I already have those!

I have a Meinl Cowbell, LP Jam block, and RhythmTech Tambourine.

Although the bell is a good idea...I've always wanted a bell, whether it be a Saluda, the Sabian Alum, Zil-Bel, Stagg, etc.

cnw60 05-18-2009 11:56 PM

what about...
 
....instructional videos or a lesson or two from a master teacher?


Personally, I'd rather have something like that instead of another drum related object.

Sparkman 05-19-2009 12:07 AM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 576390)
I think for the most part, I know what I want.

Which would be?


20 character rule.

joshisaces 05-19-2009 01:17 AM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 576448)
I already have those!

I have a Meinl Cowbell, LP Jam block, and RhythmTech Tambourine.

Although the bell is a good idea...I've always wanted a bell, whether it be a Saluda, the Sabian Alum, Zil-Bel, Stagg, etc.

A Stagg is only $40. Alu is 60. Meinl Classics is $60. Zil-bel is $100. Paiste is like $110 I think.

I'd get a stagg if I were you. Maybe a bell and a cymbal stand or something.

The Colonel 05-19-2009 02:40 AM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Heck yeah, GRUNTERSDAD - My birthday was Sunday (17th) - threw a big party here at my spot on Saturday night with some awesome bands (one is the new project from a dude in QOTSA), one of my favorite DJs and a ton of drinking...my gawd.

For my birthday, I got my tax return back and immediately bought a '63 Premier 4pc kit w/hardware and two sweet old-school carrying cases w/wheels. Originally a blue sparkle, but left by a window for 20 years and now a faded gold-ish sparkle (still blue on the bottom of the bass drum) - actually looks really cool and great under stage lights.
Oh - and they sound *sweeeet*!

805Drummer 05-19-2009 03:06 AM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkman (Post 576462)
Which would be?










20 character rule.

http://www.wishlistr.com/funnyz

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshisaces (Post 576482)
A Stagg is only $40. Alu is 60. Meinl Classics is $60. Zil-bel is $100. Paiste is like $110 I think.

I'd get a stagg if I were you. Maybe a bell and a cymbal stand or something.

Yeah...definitely a Stagg china, although not sure about the bell.

But if you're buying a bell, it HAS to be used.

joshisaces 05-19-2009 03:25 AM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 576512)
http://www.wishlistr.com/funnyz



Yeah...definitely a Stagg china, although not sure about the bell.

But if you're buying a bell, it HAS to be used.

My favorite sounding one is the zil-bel though I'm more so biased towards sabian. I don't like the Alu, the stagg and meinl are okay, but I love the really high pitched zil-bel.

Oh and the 2002 sounds exactly like a stagg bell.

joshisaces 05-23-2009 06:52 PM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Oh, 805, my dad gets a 5 day cruise to the bahamas for his birthday..... ;)

805Drummer 05-23-2009 08:38 PM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by joshisaces (Post 578369)
Oh, 805, my dad gets a 5 day cruise to the bahamas for his birthday..... ;)

Woaaahh...not by himself though, right? Of course he's inviting you! xD

joshisaces 05-23-2009 09:24 PM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 578414)
Woaaahh...not by himself though, right? Of course he's inviting you! xD

Nope, I'm staying home >_>

But I didn't pay for it anyways. My mom did. Her and my dad are going.


I guess that gives me an excuse not to get him anything...? :D

Did you decide what ask for?

805Drummer 05-23-2009 09:46 PM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by joshisaces (Post 578434)
Nope, I'm staying home >_>

But I didn't pay for it anyways. My mom did. Her and my dad are going.


I guess that gives me an excuse not to get him anything...? :D

Did you decide what ask for?

Yes I did!

http://www.wishlistr.com/zach

beastdrummagirl 05-23-2009 10:16 PM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 576201)
MY BIRTHDAY IS MAY 27TH AND I'M SO EXCITED.

Since joshisace's dad won't be needing anything, I thought I'd have Drummerworld give me suggestions on what to ask for.

Price should be in the $100-ish range.


(specs) 24" PDP 805 bass drum
-Evans EMAD with white Evans double kick patch
14" PDP 805 snare drum
-Aquarian Hi-Energy head / Remo Diplomat hazy
13" PDP 805 rack tom tom
-Remo Ebony Pinstripe / Aquarian Performance II
16" PDP 805 floor tom
-Remo Ebony Pinstripe / Aquarian Performance II
18" PDP 805 floor tom
-stock heads
------------
14" Zildjian New Beat hi hats
16" Zildjian A Medium Thin crash
18" Zildjian A Medium Thin crash
20" Zildjian A Medium ride
10" Zildjian ZXT Flash Splash
------------
PDP HH800 hi-hat stand
PDP CB800 boom stand
PDP CS800 straight stand
PDP SS800 snare stand
Dixon Lightweight boom stand
Pearl CH70 cymbal holder
Pacific 700 straight cymbal stand
------------
DW 5002AD3 Accelerator double kick pedal
Roc-n-soc Lunar throne
Ahead Joey Jordison drumsticks / Vic Firth Rock Maple 5A's
Flip Video camcorder / JVC Everio GZ-MG555
Vic Firth SIH1 headphones
------------


Any suggestion go, from novelty to practical.
READY SET GO!


I can tell you want A LOT!!!!!! but, who doesn't want drums for their Birthday! am I right??

eddiehimself 05-23-2009 10:19 PM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 578446)

what, you mean ALL of that stuff?

805Drummer 05-23-2009 10:29 PM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiehimself (Post 578459)
what, you mean ALL of that stuff?

That's just the list. Anything I get from it, I will very happy with.

beastdrummagirl 05-24-2009 01:29 AM

Re: Make my birthday list! =D
 
ahhhhhh that makes much more sense cause that would be very costly!! I would be very lucky to get just one of those!!;)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com