DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Gear (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Anyone heard of the D-Tool? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49722)

Sable 05-05-2009 06:53 PM

Anyone heard of the D-Tool?
 
The D-Tool was basically a multitool, much like a large Swiss army knife, but it had a drum key, both types of screwdrivers, and several allen wrenches of different sizes (it may have had additional tools, but I don't remember). This thing was the most useful piece of drum gear I had for several years.

Then I lost it about a year or two ago (the D-Tool, not my sanity - although I may lose that soon too), probably left it at a gig or church. I've been searching for it ever since, without success. Has anyone else heard of it and know where I can get another? Or do you know of anything similar that has the same tools? I've seen a bunch that come close, but I actually used all three (key, screwdrivers, and allen wrenches) and would like to find one that has them.

Thanks.

spirit 05-05-2009 07:24 PM

Re: Anyone heard of the D-Tool?
 
Hmmm sounds like a drummers dream kit! I have never seen one mate- but if you find where to get them please post the info here, I would be interested!
Thanks for posting about this, its good to know of good gear that is useful.

Meat the beat 05-06-2009 12:51 AM

Re: Anyone heard of the D-Tool?
 
I have had one for years now, it is a really useful piece of kit which lives in the front pocket of my stickbag... as for where i got it, or where they are now, i'll have to ask the wife!!!!

beastdrummagirl 05-06-2009 12:53 AM

Re: Anyone heard of the D-Tool?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sable (Post 571900)
The D-Tool was basically a multitool, much like a large Swiss army knife, but it had a drum key, both types of screwdrivers, and several allen wrenches of different sizes (it may have had additional tools, but I don't remember). This thing was the most useful piece of drum gear I had for several years.

Then I lost it about a year or two ago (the D-Tool, not my sanity - although I may lose that soon too), probably left it at a gig or church. I've been searching for it ever since, without success. Has anyone else heard of it and know where I can get another? Or do you know of anything similar that has the same tools? I've seen a bunch that come close, but I actually used all three (key, screwdrivers, and allen wrenches) and would like to find one that has them.

Thanks.

I have never heard of that before but it sounds aweome and thats cool you play at church!! I started a group called drummers for God, you should check it out and again sounds cool!!

Sable 05-06-2009 06:03 AM

Re: Anyone heard of the D-Tool?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meat the beat (Post 572074)
I have had one for years now, it is a really useful piece of kit which lives in the front pocket of my stickbag... as for where i got it, or where they are now, i'll have to ask the wife!!!!

If you can get your hands on one and are willing to send it to me (with proper compensation, of course), I would be eternally grateful!

Meat the beat 05-06-2009 10:45 AM

Re: Anyone heard of the D-Tool?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sable (Post 572189)
If you can get your hands on one and are willing to send it to me (with proper compensation, of course), I would be eternally grateful!

I'll do some research & see what I can do :-)

Sable 05-15-2009 11:30 PM

Re: Anyone heard of the D-Tool?
 
No luck, MtB? Anyone else perhaps?

GRUNTERSDAD 05-17-2009 06:03 PM

Re: Anyone heard of the D-Tool?
 
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...Key?sku=446839


I found this...but no allen wrenchs.

and this

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...Key?sku=449240

Deathmetalconga 05-18-2009 07:17 AM

Re: Anyone heard of the D-Tool?
 
I am a gadget freak but I've never heard of this tool. I'd love to get one.

Here are more tools:

http://www.robokey.com/wordpress/?page_id=11

http://store.drumbum.com/skuMSC-116.html

http://generalclick.info/tama-multi-...-tool-kit.aspx

kustomdk 09-19-2013 08:32 PM

Re: Anyone heard of the D-Tool?
 
Hi I've just bought one of these on ebay, and found that there is still another one in an open auction.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/D-Tool-Schlag...25adf1f&_uhb=1

latzanimal 09-20-2013 07:08 AM

Re: Anyone heard of the D-Tool?
 
Wasn't the D-tool a trick product? or Slug maybe?

KarlCrafton 09-20-2013 04:39 PM

Re: Anyone heard of the D-Tool?
 
I have one. I've used it to work on stuff. It's a good, quality product. Thankfully, I haven't had to use it on the fly--but a few guitar players have :-)

Drumolator 09-20-2013 07:23 PM

Re: Anyone heard of the D-Tool?
 
I have one that I keep in my stick bag at church. It has come in handy many times. Peace and goodwill.

takeitback86 12-17-2013 07:56 PM

Re: Anyone heard of the D-Tool?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sable (Post 572189)
If you can get your hands on one and are willing to send it to me (with proper compensation, of course), I would be eternally grateful!

I'm pretty late on this post, but I'm always on the look out for new gadgets and tools as well. Here's the link to buy these tools. http://store.drumbum.com/skuA-267.html
$25. Not too bad. You probably found them by now though.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com