DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrummerWorld Site News (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Double Quotes in a post (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49593)

zephead19 05-02-2009 04:59 AM

Double Quotes in a post

How do you put more than one quote in a post? Thanks in advance guys

Monica McCoy 05-03-2009 02:28 AM

Re: Double Quotes in a post

There's a little button to the right of the QUOTE button. You highlight text within a post and click it which copies it to your clipboard. Continue as needed.

When you get to the last thing you want to quote, click the big QUOTE button.

805Drummer 05-03-2009 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monica McCoy (Post 570789)
There's a little button to the right of the QUOTE button. You highlight text within a post and click it which copies it to your clipboard. Continue as needed.

It might work for you, but highlighting doesn't do anything for me...it just quotes the entire post.

joshisaces 05-03-2009 03:07 AM

Quote:

When you get to the last thing you want to quote, click the big QUOTE button.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 570797)
It might work for you, but highlighting doesn't do anything for me...it just quotes the entire post.

Wooooohoooo! I just tried it!
Click the button next to the big QUOTE button (to the right) and click it on who's post you'd care to quote, THEN you just click Reply to this thread or whatever and the quotes are already in there. :D
cool. I just discovered it today.

It all sort of adds up.

Wavelength 05-03-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

You don't need to highlight anything, and nothing gets copied to the clipboard. The multi-quote button quotes the entire post regardless of your highlightin' shenanigans.

Mediocrefunkybeat 05-03-2009 02:11 PM

Or you can just type [quote ] [ /quote] when and were you need to. Without the spaces, obviously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me!
...Something like this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me!
I would like a nice hat and a new pair of shoes, please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girlfriend
No. No you don't need them.

Code:

Is quite fun as well.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Showoff
Code:

Or even...

zephead19 05-03-2009 05:48 PM

Alright thanks alot guys I think I have I figured out now. I would have never got it before I just couldnt get that little button to work but now I got it. Thanks again

TheGroceryman 05-04-2009 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat (Post 570891)
Or you can just type [quote ] [ /quote] when and were you need to. Without the spaces, obviously.

Code:

Is quite fun as well.
[/code]

woahhhhh....your really coooool.

I wanna be like you when I grow up!

805Drummer 05-04-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGroceryman (Post 571079)

Do I smell some sass?

Mediocrefunkybeat 05-04-2009 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGroceryman (Post 571079)

Ahahahaha.

Welcome to the World of boredom...

Wavelength 05-04-2009 02:38 PM

I can be a 1337 h4x0r t00.

Mediocrefunkybeat 05-04-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wavelength (Post 571278)

Rofl to the copter. 20

SGT_Drummer 05-05-2009 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wavelength (Post 571278)

HAHAHA! wave that is awesome. i actually had the same question a few weeks ago but eventually figured it out.

TheGroceryman 05-06-2009 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT_Drummer (Post 571644)
HAHAHA! wave that is awesome. i actually had the same question a few weeks ago but eventually figured it out.

I dont get it, whats a 1337 h4x0r?

Wavelength 05-06-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGroceryman (Post 572130)
I dont get it, whats a 1337 h4x0r?

Googling would've yielded an answer far quicker. Anyway, to show my 1337 g00g1ing 5ki112, here's a quote from Wikipedia dot org:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia.org
Leet or eleet (Leet: l337, 3l337 or l33t, 3l33t ), also known as "leetspeak", is an alphabet used primarily on the Internet for the English language. It uses various combinations of ASCII characters to replace Latinate letters. The term is derived from the word "elite", and the usage it describes is a specialized form of symbolic writing. Different "dialects" or varieties of leet are found on different online forums.

Initially, the word l33t was used as an adjective, to primarily describe the behavior or accomplishments of others in the community, with “lame” being its antonym.[citation needed] In that usage leet generally carries the same meaning when referring to either the game prowess, n00b ownage, or, in original usage, hacking expertise of another person. From adjective form its use then expanded to include use as an expletive or interjection in reaction to a demonstration of the former qualities. With the mass proliferation of Internet use in the 1990s into the 21st century, Leet has since become a part of Internet culture and slang.[1] Leet may also be considered a substitution cipher, albeit with much variation from user to user.

Haxor, and derivations thereof, is Leet for "hacker",[14] and it is one of the most commonplace examples of the use of the -xor suffix. Suxxor (pronounced suck-zor) is a derogatory term which originated in warez culture and is currently used in multi-user environments such as multiplayer video games and instant messaging; it, like haxor, is one of the early Leet words to use the -xor suffix. Suxxor is a modified version of "sucks" (the phrase “to suck”), and the meaning is the same as the English slang. Its negative definition essentially makes it the opposite of roxxor, and both can be used as a verb or a noun.

The entire article can be found here. Check out my insane hyperlinking skillz, too!

T.Underhill 05-06-2009 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
. .

805Drummer 05-06-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wavelength (Post 572253)
Googling would've yielded an answer far quicker.

Hecks yes it would have.

joshisaces 05-06-2009 09:48 PM

HTML R00Lz d00d

bobdadruma 05-07-2009 12:09 AM

Great Thread! I have learned more about working my computer from DW than any other source.
DW is like computer 101 for middle aged dummies like me! A year ago I could barely surf the web. Since I joined DW I have learned so much about working my computer that I find myself helping my middle aged friends who didn't grow up with computers either.
I see someone do something in a post on this site and it prompts me to learn how to do it and try it.
My friends think that I'm a genius!

Meat the beat 05-07-2009 12:12 AM

Well done to all of you!

SGT_Drummer 05-07-2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Underhill (Post 572258)
. .

haha, there is always that possibility. however, you just spent time from your life to find that picture. and i'm spending time of my life to type this. i will say however, that your ... what are we calling them now? avatar? profile pic? your face?... is the most awesome little thing i've ever seen. if i would have found that on any other site i would have stolen it in a heartbeat and used it. but alas, you are here and i would be called out as a thief.

...maybe i can hax uR pr0phIlE & dEleTE It... wavelength isn't the only 1337 h4XorZ here. ;p

T.Underhill 05-07-2009 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT_Drummer (Post 572499)
haha, there is always that possibility. however, you just spent time from your life to find that picture. and i'm spending time of my life to type this. i will say however, that your ... what are we calling them now? avatar? profile pic? your face?... is the most awesome little thing i've ever seen. if i would have found that on any other site i would have stolen it in a heartbeat and used it. but alas, you are here and i would be called out as a thief.

...maybe i can hax uR pr0phIlE & dEleTE It... wavelength isn't the only 1337 h4XorZ here. ;p

Hahah u kidding? I have a whole folder of those stupid things. A snarky comment/photo for every occasion. I've been a Farker for some years now....you have to be ready.

TheGroceryman 05-09-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 572405)

woah....i just got haxxor'd.....

Xalky 05-09-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Underhill (Post 572258)
. .

I love it. LMAO I'm swiping it.

bitsrysac 12-08-2009 11:22 PM

Default Re: please check my site
Thanks for the suggestion, I wish it had worked.