DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrummerWorld Site News (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Your Signatures (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48874)

drummerchick435 04-09-2009 06:48 PM

Your Signatures
 
Lately, whenever I click on a link in someone's signature, a message says that the link is no longer available or something like that. For example, if someone has a link to a thread here about their kit and I get a message saying the link is no longer available. Anyway, since Bernhard, DogBreath, and NuthaJason periodically delete older threads it would be nice for people here to update their signatures if they have links.

matt949 04-11-2009 02:24 AM

Re: Your Signatures
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerchick435 (Post 562315)
Lately, whenever I click on a link in someone's signature, a message says that the link is no longer available or something like that. For example, if someone has a link to a thread here about their kit and I get a message saying the link is no longer available. Anyway, since Bernhard, DogBreath, and NuthaJason periodically delete older threads it would be nice for people here to update their signatures if they have links.

I'm guilty of holding on to a deleted threat for my kit link.

witchcraftery 07-21-2010 01:31 PM

Re: Your Signatures
 
I've been trying out links all night seeing if they work because of this, and I think the problem is most people's (of course, it would be drummer folk) inability to correctly spell out a URL.

Faltertonnace 10-15-2010 06:55 PM

Your Signatures
 
I very much do not like this idea. Signatures will clog threads made for information not for pictures and place holding text. Signatures were disabled for a reason, and just my opinion that they should stay disabled.

DogBreath 03-10-2011 04:53 AM

Re: Your Signatures
 
I had a dead link in my sig for a very long time. It happens. Threads are moved or deleted, and links die. It's the circle of life, Hakuna matata.

Deathmetalconga 03-13-2011 08:37 AM

Re: Your Signatures
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DogBreath (Post 812506)
I had a dead link in my sig for a very long time. It happens. Threads are moved or deleted, and links die. It's the circle of life, Hakuna matata.

So is the solution to periodically check in to our own signature links and update them as needed?

Pollyanna 03-13-2011 10:23 AM

Re: Your Signatures
 
There are programs to find dead links but the editing job wouldn't be for the faint-hearted. Most links seem to work okay and nothing is perfect. The cost-benefit of eliminating dead links isn't there.

The only issue I have with sigs is if they take up a lot of space but it's no biggie. I don't know what Hakuna matata is, but I'm inclined to agree :)

Naigewron 03-13-2011 10:42 AM

Re: Your Signatures
 
I think mine should be ok. I'll check it now.

edit: Yup, still works.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollyanna (Post 813681)
I don't know what Hakuna matata is, but I'm inclined to agree :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEVczA8PLU

Pollyanna 03-13-2011 11:07 AM

Re: Your Signatures
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naigewron (Post 813682)

Ah, I should have picked it up from the "circle of life" comment. You guys have good memories. It's been some time since I've seen that film.

Yep, I agree.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com