DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Thought for Food? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48537)

aydee 03-29-2009 11:36 AM

Thought for Food?
 
Ok, 2 questions:

1) If it is the night before your execution, and the death row warden allows you to have 1 meal.

Any meal in this world.

What would it be?


2) You are on a deserted island and you are allowed to have any meal of your choice.

But on 1 condition.

It has to be the same meal 3 times a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

What would you have?




( ..yup, no prizes for guessing that I'm a foodie! )

Mediocrefunkybeat 03-29-2009 11:48 AM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Got a way around the second question.

Tapas.

That is all.

aydee 03-29-2009 12:34 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat (Post 557980)
Got a way around the second question.

Tapas.

That is all.

Thats allowed.. good answer

..there's a 1st question too.

PQleyR 03-29-2009 01:55 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Something with enough vitamin C in it for 2, don't want to get scurvy!

I can't help but feel that there is no satisfactory answer to the first one...

Infernal Valkyrie 03-29-2009 08:26 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
I would get "take-out" from the warden's daughter.

SGT_Drummer 03-29-2009 08:35 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infernal Valkyrie (Post 558091)
I would get "take-out" from the warden's daughter.

MONEY!!

2020202020202020202020

GRUNTERSDAD 03-29-2009 08:45 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Chicken and Broccoli

The Big Beat 03-29-2009 08:50 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infernal Valkyrie (Post 558091)
I would get "take-out" from the warden's daughter.

epic lulz
for #1, jambalaya and red mountain dew
for #2, jambalaya and red mountain dew

oops 03-29-2009 09:48 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
I would require the prison doctor to mix me up something that would make me LOOK dead, so that I'd be given a decent burial, after which my friends could dig me up and I'd continue to live my life.

On the desert island I'd take a steak, medium-rare, side order of chips, garden salad, little slices of lemon and a beer. Not sure how realistic this scenario is!

Mediocrefunkybeat 03-29-2009 10:52 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oops (Post 558136)
I would require the prison doctor to mix me up something that would make me LOOK dead, so that I'd be given a decent burial, after which my friends could dig me up and I'd continue to live my life.

It's called Mandrake if Romeo and Juliet is anything to be believed.

The Big Beat 03-30-2009 12:14 AM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oops (Post 558136)
I would require the prison doctor to mix me up something that would make me LOOK dead, so that I'd be given a decent burial, after which my friends could dig me up and I'd continue to live my life.

On the desert island I'd take a steak, medium-rare, side order of chips, garden salad, little slices of lemon and a beer. Not sure how realistic this scenario is!

there was a movie where that same scenario happened, two prison inmates decided the only way to get out was to kill each other so they mixed up some stuff, injected themselves with it and put themselves in a coma, then had their friend come dig em up later. i wish i could remember the name of that movie

lewisn27 03-30-2009 08:19 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Steak, rare. Both questions.

yjb63 04-03-2009 10:52 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Reese puffs, both questions.

Muckster 04-03-2009 11:15 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Pizza, both questions.

aruration 04-04-2009 09:47 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
A medium-rare steak with chips and vegetables on the side and a nice cold beer.

Monica McCoy 04-05-2009 08:31 AM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Here's an interesting link of real meal requests.

http://drongomala.wordpress.com/2007...ners-in-texas/

eddiehimself 04-05-2009 11:31 AM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
I think for 1) I'd have spag bol and a big duck wrap and finish it off with a big bowl of swiss choco-bits.

2 is obviously a bit different because i wouldn't want to be eating something so unhealthy if i were to survive on a desert island! I guess i'd have fish. Fish is good for you and it tastes pretty good too :)

diosdude 04-06-2009 01:03 AM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Question1: some exotic dish that i've never tried before, followed by the $25,000 dessert
http://www.reuters.com/article/domes...53679220071107

Question2: Soup dujour made with the world's most endangered species. Maybe then, someone might want to come rescue me.

TitanSound 04-06-2009 02:15 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
1) The fattest, juiciest Argentinian fillet steak with peppercorn sauce, grilled portobello mushrooms, garlic spinach and hand cut chips with a decent bottle of Malbec.

2) Going to have to be Tapas...would drive me mad eating the same thing over and over again.

Self-confessed foodie here.

aydee 04-06-2009 03:22 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Yeaaahh! Now Titan Sound n' Eddie and some of you guys are getting into the vibe of the thread!

About time... its a serious question ( FOR A FOODIE! )

Put yourself in the situation and then imagine a menu..

Some grilled grilled chorizos the side TS? Is that a green peppercorn sauce, TS? A little dab of Honey Mustard on your plate, sir?




On a different note do try an Indonesian Banana Curry with spicy ginger rice, if you ever get a chance

TitanSound 04-06-2009 03:32 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aydee (Post 560975)
Some grilled grilled chorizos the side TS? Is that a green peppercorn sauce, TS? A little dab of Honey Mustard on your plate, sir?




On a different note do try an Indonesian Banana Curry with spicy ginger rice, if you ever get a chance

Mmmm...I love chorizo. I actually have a pretty mean chorizo stew receipe if you are intrested. And if you have one for that Banana curry I would be most interested! Nothing like trying something new.

Big_Philly 04-06-2009 03:56 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Maybe spare ribs, or greek food.

TheGroceryman 04-06-2009 04:44 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
hmmm... i would get 24 ounces of some nice filet mignon, a ton of rice pilaf, some mac n cheese, beef lasagna, and if i could still eat, i'd get a buffalo wing pizza slice. Oh then i'd get a huge rice, bean, cheese, beef burrito w/ sour cream and salsa....

for the second one, i'd take filet mignon every single day w/ a side of rice pilaf and spinach.

ohhhh im so hungry now.

TenPastTen 04-06-2009 05:52 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Number One:

Grilled portobello mushroom topped with smoked buffalo mozzarella, prosciutto, bacon crumbles, julienned basil, and balsamic

Baby veal cutlets rolled with prosciutto and fontina cheese, breaded with seasoned bread crumbs, and pan fried. Served over porcini mushroom risotto and drizzled with espagnole sauce. (all from Il Palazzo in NYC)

For the record, that was recalled from memory; I fell in love with that meal one night...

Fudge brownies with absolutely no nuts.

And a pitcher of grape juice (according to Monica McCoy's post, it's all the rage in TX prisons).

Number Two:

Blackened red snapper with olive oil and garlic sauce. Spinach salad with almond slices and mandarin oranges with citrus vinagrette dressing. Sliced bananas and strawberries with dark chocolate. Chased with a nice port. That is one healthy meal for survival!!

That serious enough for you Aydee? ;-)

aydee 04-06-2009 06:14 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Philly (Post 560997)
Maybe spare ribs, or greek food.

Yay spare ribs! braised with homemade mesquite!!!


Greek food, Philly?


Why? ; )

aydee 04-06-2009 06:17 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGroceryman (Post 561008)
hmmm... i would get 24 ounces of some nice filet mignon, a ton of rice pilaf, some mac n cheese, beef lasagna, and if i could still eat, i'd get a buffalo wing pizza slice. Oh then i'd get a huge rice, bean, cheese, beef burrito w/ sour cream and salsa....

for the second one, i'd take filet mignon every single day w/ a side of rice pilaf and spinach.

ohhhh im so hungry now.

Thereyago! Yes siree! ( whats the mac n' cheese doing in there with prime cut?!!!... but hey, I like the fact that you've thought of all the stuff that rings your bell : )

aydee 04-06-2009 06:19 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenPastTen (Post 561025)
Number One:

Grilled portobello mushroom topped with smoked buffalo mozzarella, prosciutto, bacon crumbles, julienned basil, and balsamic

Baby veal cutlets rolled with prosciutto and fontina cheese, breaded with seasoned bread crumbs, and pan fried. Served over porcini mushroom risotto and drizzled with espagnole sauce. (all from Il Palazzo in NYC)

For the record, that was recalled from memory; I fell in love with that meal one night...

Fudge brownies with absolutely no nuts.

And a pitcher of grape juice (according to Monica McCoy's post, it's all the rage in TX prisons).

Number Two:

Blackened red snapper with olive oil and garlic sauce. Spinach salad with almond slices and mandarin oranges with citrus vinagrette dressing. Sliced bananas and strawberries with dark chocolate. Chased with a nice port. That is one healthy meal for survival!!

That serious enough for you Aydee? ;-)

I freaking love it! I'm writhing on the floor in a pool of my own drool!!! ( and its raining bacon bits ...)

Big_Philly 04-08-2009 08:46 PM

Re: Thought for Food?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aydee (Post 561032)
Yay spare ribs! braised with homemade mesquite!!!


Greek food, Philly?


Why? ; )

I like greek food, like Tzatziki, Gyros, Souvlaki, Keftedes, greek salads (with lots of green peppers and feta cheese!)... and ouzo ;)
Don't worry though, I also like indian food. Anything spicy, actually.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com