DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I have an amazing idea (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48102)

805Drummer 03-16-2009 01:27 AM

I have an amazing idea

Here's the game plan:

I'll start a band. On Youtube. A Youtube band.

I get a bassist, guitarist, and a singer. I'll be the drummer.

We all agree on a song to play, and we record ourselves covering it, without the actual music playing.

They send all the clips to me, and I edit us all together into one kick-@$$ cover song

AMAZING IDEA, OR WHAT???

Now here's where you come in: Do you know any good guitarists, singers, or bassists who would like to do this? Or are you one yourself?

BattleArmor 03-16-2009 01:49 AM

Re: I have an amazing idea

Ha.

Good luck. I don't know why this is amazing. But.....

It will be good expireience for you.

And yes I know ^^^^^^^^^^^^ is spelled wrong.

genericdrummingusername 03-16-2009 01:50 AM

This has been done before.

Sorry.

Doesn't mean you can't do it, though.

matt949 03-16-2009 02:05 AM

only problem i see with this is a potential for a vast potential difference in audio/visual quality of the different players.

805Drummer 03-16-2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genericdrummingusername (Post 552403)
This has been done before.

Sorry.

Doesn't mean you can't do it, though.

Yeah, I realized it had been done before, and included this in my email. I guess it's more for fun, I guess. Plus, we can always put a spin on things=D

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt949 (Post 552407)
only problem i see with this is a potential for a vast potential difference in audio/visual quality of the different players.

Well, I typed up a nice email to send to people (without seeming too much like spam), and I'm watching their videos first to make sure the instrument sounds good, and they don't look too weird or anything. But the nice thing about doing this on Youtube is that if someone is acting up, or they suck at playing, or whatever, you can simply kick them out and find someone else. You have an unlimited amount of talent.

Tuxido 03-16-2009 03:13 AM

http://www.thru-you.com/

805Drummer 03-16-2009 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuxido (Post 552429)

Man, that guy's talented at remixing! Those videos were cool.

razorx 03-16-2009 04:54 AM

This is how many bands work today. They send mp3's back and forth and work out the parts.

Guz2 03-16-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 552395)
Here's the game plan:

I'll start a band. On Youtube. A Youtube band.

I get a bassist, guitarist, and a singer. I'll be the drummer.

We all agree on a song to play, and we record ourselves covering it, without the actual music playing.

They send all the clips to me, and I edit us all together into one kick-@$$ cover song

AMAZING IDEA, OR WHAT???

Now here's where you come in: Do you know any good guitarists, singers, or bassists who would like to do this? Or are you one yourself?

YOU STOLE MY IDEA!! :-P

PQleyR 03-16-2009 06:37 PM

I play guitar and bass, let me know what you're up to! Might be fun!

805Drummer 03-16-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQleyR (Post 552710)
I play guitar and bass, let me know what you're up to! Might be fun!

Well, if you can play covers fairly easier, would you like to play bass? I think it'll be fairly easy to find a guitarist, but I'm not anticipating finding a bassist (especially a singer...).

Anyways, Guz2, feel free to do it...even though I had the idea, it's already been done before, so...

ahriman22 03-16-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 552417)
Yeah, I realized it had been done before, and included this in my email. I guess it's more for fun, I guess. Plus, we can always put a spin on things=D

Well, I typed up a nice email to send to people (without seeming too much like spam), and I'm watching their videos first to make sure the instrument sounds good, and they don't look too weird or anything. But the nice thing about doing this on Youtube is that if someone is acting up, or they suck at playing, or whatever, you can simply kick them out and find someone else. You have an unlimited amount of talent.

What kind of singer are you looking for?
Mainly what type of music.

Garvin 03-16-2009 09:32 PM

How much do I get paid for my time?

805Drummer 03-16-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahriman22 (Post 552783)
What kind of singer are you looking for?
Mainly what type of music.

I'm thinking of doing pop rock, because even though a lot of musicians hate it (some like it, to be fair), it's fun to play, and the people like it. I was looking for a guy singer though, because I'm not a big fan of female singers singing songs that originally a guy had sung.

805Drummer 03-16-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garvin (Post 552805)
How much do I get paid for my time?

You're time doing what?

I'm not paying anyone...that's why ultimately, it would be great if they people participating already had a good fan base/ad revenue coming in, to benefit/profit from it.

ahriman22 03-16-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 552806)
I'm thinking of doing pop rock, because even though a lot of musicians hate it (some like it, to be fair), it's fun to play, and the people like it. I was looking for a guy singer though, because I'm not a big fan of female singers singing songs that originally a guy had sung.

I have a friend who's a singer, but she is a... she.

Garvin 03-16-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 552809)
You're time doing what?

My time reading this thread... LOL!

805Drummer 03-16-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garvin (Post 552815)
My time reading this thread... LOL!

Your payment, sir, will come to the total of $0.00.

Monica McCoy 03-16-2009 10:22 PM

Here top this:

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2539741

KoalaDummy 03-16-2009 10:41 PM

good luck with it ..

805Drummer 03-16-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monica McCoy (Post 552842)

Wow! That video was very cool and inspirational, thank you for sharing it. I went to their website, playingforchange.com, and I discovered that it was to help fight AIDS in Africa. Now, I don't want to get political (this is purely philosophical, we learned it in English class from the book Ishmael), but think about this: If we continue to feed the people in Africa who aren't self-sufficient, we aren't helping them--we're hurting them. If they are fed, clothed, and cured, it only increases their proliferation. And what does that lead to? You guessed it--even more people to feed, cloth, and cure. It's a never-ending cycle. Think about it.

Tuxido 03-17-2009 12:07 AM

So just let them die ?

805Drummer 03-17-2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuxido (Post 552916)
So just let them die ?

Exactly. This is called "survival of the fittest."

TheGroceryman 03-17-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 552918)
Exactly. This is called "survival of the fittest."

Humans are too ethical, too "humane," to do this. We get guilty thinking about how and why we were "chosen" to have a better life. "Why them and not me?"

It'll never happen in a million years, unless the human race suddenly becomes indifferent towards other humans.....

Have you ever read "The White Man's Burden." ? It's horribly racist, but it's kind of the essence of why humans help other humans in need. We feel its our "Duty."

But dude, you should try that your idea, it seems fun. and that playforchange video was awesome! the tambourine player was rockin!!! those rolls were smoooooooooooooooooooooth.

Oh and you should learn to love the female voice. I sure do.

Garvin 03-17-2009 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 805Drummer (Post 552874)
Wow! That video was very cool and inspirational, thank you for sharing it. I went to their website, playingforchange.com, and I discovered that it was to help fight AIDS in Africa. Now, I don't want to get political (this is purely philosophical, we learned it in English class from the book Ishmael), but think about this: If we continue to feed the people in Africa who aren't self-sufficient, we aren't helping them--we're hurting them. If they are fed, clothed, and cured, it only increases their proliferation. And what does that lead to? You guessed it--even more people to feed, cloth, and cure. It's a never-ending cycle. Think about it.

Seriously? I find that to be an extremely ignorant and ethnocentric thing to say. You didn't get remotely close to political, just plain ignorant. Think before you post stuff like that. You owe me at least $5 now for continuing to monitor your "Amazing Idea" thread as it spirals into poorly thought out xenophobic disrepair...

805Drummer 03-17-2009 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garvin (Post 552997)
Seriously? I find that to be an extremely ignorant and ethnocentric thing to say.

I didn't mean to be offensive. I wasn't even recommending we do that. But you must admit, it's true. Every word of it.

DogBreath 03-17-2009 05:30 AM

Wow. And another thread turns into a stunning example of stupidity. Thanks.