DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drummers (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Eric Carr (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46965)

razorx 02-08-2009 05:46 AM

Eric Carr
 
Anyone else like him? I searched and couldn't find a thread for him. He shares a page with peter criss here on drummerworld.


http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers...ter_Criss.html

I love how powerful his drumming was. I think he was the best of the "kiss drummers". It's just too sad that he died so young.

Cannons 02-21-2009 03:58 PM

Re: Eric Carr
 
He's my favorite of the KISS drummers also. I saw him with KISS several times in my youth. I loved his groove and huge Ludwig drumkits! Great singer too.

Derek Roddy 02-21-2009 04:37 PM

Re: Eric Carr
 
Eric was a huge influence to me and my favorite KISS drummer as well.
D.

Mathew 7:21 02-21-2009 10:38 PM

Re: Eric Carr
 
As a huge Kiss fan since 1975 I would have to say no. Kiss was no longer Kiss when Peter left. Its not that Eric was'nt a good drummer....its that it just was'nt Kiss anymore. Although Creatures of the night was a great album and Lick it Up had a couple of good tracks the rest of Kiss (Gene and Paul show) in the 80's was so bad......there writing was terible even they say it sucked.

Ian Williams 02-23-2009 09:27 PM

Re: Eric Carr
 
I Love It Loud.....Saints & Sinners.....Killer.....War Machine.....Keep Me Comin'.

Creatures of the night, that is an album! Eric was a hard-hitter with catchy groove.

All The Best ,

bonzolead 02-23-2009 10:35 PM

Re: Eric Carr
 
I met Eric Carr in 92' I believe, It was KISS's Hot in the shade tour he was a very nice,warm person he idolized Bonham and since Bonham was also my favorite drummer we talked about Bonham for at least 20 min. LOL very cool memory. I bet ya he jammin with Bonham now.

RIP,
Bonzolead

Cannons 02-23-2009 11:18 PM

Re: Eric Carr
 
I think, for the most part, Peter Criss is a little over romanticized by the KISS faithful, of which I am a proud member. That said, listen to his groove and touch on the first three studio records. I think you'll find an inventive, tasty drummer. And I think his work on Destroyer is outstanding. He was never a chops meister, but he was no hack either. Sadly, the rock and roll lifestyle got the best of him, and his playing definitely suffered.

razorx 02-24-2009 07:15 PM

Re: Eric Carr
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iwilliams (Post 544600)
I Love It Loud.....Saints & Sinners.....Killer.....War Machine.....Keep Me Comin'.

Creatures of the night, that is an album! Eric was a hard-hitter with catchy groove.

All The Best ,

I have the drum takes on cd.

razorx 02-24-2009 07:22 PM

Re: Eric Carr
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannons (Post 544639)
I think, for the most part, Peter Criss is a little over romanticized by the KISS faithful, of which I am a proud member. That said, listen to his groove and touch on the first three studio records. I think you'll find an inventive, tasty drummer. And I think his work on Destroyer is outstanding. He was never a chops meister, but he was no hack either. Sadly, the rock and roll lifestyle got the best of him, and his playing definitely suffered.

I would say his playing suffered very badly. this is the best example of it
1977 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsGDv...eature=related
1998 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGO-VkPQoHg

I never realized how bad his drumming suffered until i recently started trying to learn some kiss songs and compared them to live performances. I've seen kiss many time over live.

Ashton Drum's 01-19-2010 06:49 AM

Re: Eric Carr
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzolead (Post 544625)
I met Eric Carr in 92' I believe, It was KISS's Hot in the shade tour he was a very nice,warm person

I Believe it was 1991 as he died on November 24, 1991 Im not calling you a lier Im just saying you might have your dates wrong

bonzolead 01-19-2010 03:14 PM

Re: Eric Carr
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashton Drum's (Post 654442)
I Believe it was 1991 as he died on November 24, 1991 Im not calling you a lier Im just saying you might have your dates wrong

Yes you have too be right it was a long time ago in fact it could nave been 1990 even, I just know it was the Hot in the Shade tour. It really bummed me out when he died he seemed like a very cool person in just the 15-20 min. we talked there was nothing fake(two-faced) about him which is rare in the music business. it just adds to the saying "Only the good die young"

Bonzolead

druid 01-19-2010 04:48 PM

Re: Eric Carr
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by razorx (Post 545038)
I would say his playing suffered very badly. this is the best example of it
1977 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsGDv...eature=related
1998 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGO-VkPQoHg

I never realized how bad his drumming suffered until i recently started trying to learn some kiss songs and compared them to live performances. I've seen kiss many time over live.

Wow that 77 clip takes me back....I saw them on the secondl eg of that tour ( actually I saw Alive II) when I was 11 years old....My Dad took me and my brother too see KISS Jan 13 1978 at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh...BTW_ Peter Criss passed out after 20 minutes of playing,... delaying the show. That should have been a sign of things to come. KISS was at their absolute height right then...it went all down hill after that, the solo albums...the Phantom.Side note on the show itwas "general admission" meaning first come first serve with seating...and this was a month after the Who tragedy...there was a rush of fans pushing to get in that night and my brother almost got caught up in it as a little kid. Ticket prices? $7.50...I still have the stub.

I grew out of KISS pretty quick getting into Zep..then RUSH then Zappa then everyother form of music I could think of. But KISS and the Beatles were two of my first favs,.

Adam8 01-22-2010 09:54 PM

Re: Eric Carr
 
There is a DVD called The tale of the fox The Eric Carr Story that is great. It's authorized by his family and Gene and Paul have nothing to do with it. I got it on ebay for like 10 bucks and have watched it a few times. Highly recommended for Carr fans.

dreampolice19 02-15-2011 10:51 PM

Re: Eric Carr
 
Eric Carr was awesome. And not only was he a great drummer, but he could write great songs as well. Check out his solo record Rockology sometime!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com