DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrummerWorld Site News (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New Videos: Vinnie Colaiuta - Tal Wilkenfeld (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45856)

Bernhard 01-05-2009 01:39 PM

New Videos: Vinnie Colaiuta - Tal Wilkenfeld

Just put up some new videos with Vinnie , Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton

Check out the bassist extraordinaire and lovely TAL WILKENFELD

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/v...rossroads.html

Enjoy

Bernhard

king fail 01-05-2009 02:33 PM

Re: New Videos: Vinnie Colaiuta - Tal Wilkenfeld

Wow!
Tal looks really young, but MAN!
That was awesome!
Vinnie holding down those beastly grooves as usual too.

Thanks B!

aydee 01-05-2009 02:51 PM

I have this dvd, Bernhard, but its just as nice to see this again.

A beautiful tune, with Jeff at his raw emotive best, and Vinnie powering that Gretsch with brushes ( ! ) Boy he can sound BIG with brushes if he wants to.

Tal's a heck of a talent but she's older than she looks.

Great stuff, thanks.

BattleArmor 01-06-2009 12:40 AM

All of them did a great job. Loved that bass solo.

stasz 01-06-2009 12:58 AM

Groovy especially that bass solo. Haven't heard of the bassist before but she sticks out like a sore thumb among all the old male veteran players! Visually, but not to the ear. Oh and it looks like vinnie stole gruntersdad's kit! Or he loaned it out to him, just for one show : )

Tom Sawyer 01-06-2009 02:00 AM

Hell yeah! Vinnie is just Vinnie, damn. Thanks so much, Bernhard.
Which Crossroads is this (year)?

Tom Sawyer 01-06-2009 02:11 AM

God! I just arrived at "Stratus". When that bassline kicked it blew my mind, wasn't expecting hearing something like Stratus at all. What an amazing band those guys make.

what the funk of it 01-12-2009 11:16 PM

I would do terrible things to that Tal Wilkenfeld....

GRUNTERSDAD 01-13-2009 01:07 AM

I saw that performance on one of my HD channels and wondered who the young bassist was. Thanks for that update Mr. Bernhard.

oops 01-13-2009 04:33 AM

Saw Tal with Wayne Krantz and Keith Carlock last year.

She really is tiny. She also didn't play most of the set, because she was having foldback problems. And she seemed really really crabby.

Talked to my bass player later, turns out he went to school with her in Sydney. When he knew her she was ok at guitar.

They parted ways, she picked up bass and now she tours with Herbie, Clapton, Wayne Krantz etc...

slingerland755 01-15-2009 12:14 AM

She's a true talent. I was keeping up with her last year and was blown away every time. Vinnie is well.....Vinnie. And Jeff has been a fav for years.

Drummer Karl 01-15-2009 05:47 PM

Thanks for the videos Bernhard!
Great overall sound, Tal sounds so smooth and groovy! She really fits in this musical context.

Very inspiring, I`m gonna practice. =)

Karl

A-customs 05-09-2010 04:57 PM

Saw this line up in Atlantic city a few years ago,with my son.Got to sit five rows dead center.They where outstanding,Just a treat.Thanks for posting.Vinnie is just amazing.............

Fiery 05-10-2010 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oops (Post 527193)
Saw Tal with Wayne Krantz and Keith Carlock last year.

She really is tiny. She also didn't play most of the set, because she was having foldback problems. And she seemed really really crabby.

Talked to my bass player later, turns out he went to school with her in Sydney. When he knew her she was ok at guitar.

They parted ways, she picked up bass and now she tours with Herbie, Clapton, Wayne Krantz etc...

She is a rare bird. Started playing guitar at fourteen, switched to bass at seventeen. Within a few months got her first endorsement and at eighteen started playing in various New York jazz clubs. By twenty she composed, produced, arranged and recorded her first album, with Wayne Krantz, Geoffrey Keezer, saxophonist Seamus Blake, and Keith Carlock. She's been hard at work since, and to good effect.
http://www.talwilkenfeld.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tal_Wilkenfeld

WayneWickman 05-10-2010 04:03 PM

Try to catch the entire video Jeff Beck - Live at Ronnie's Scott's. It plays now and then on Paladia in HD. They pan the crowd and all kinds of superstars are out there, Jimmy Page, etc... Clapton does a couple tunes. The sound is awesome as is Vinnie's playing, I had to get the CD. Those drums in the Crossroads video look a lot like my Renown Autumn Burst. They are probably USA Customs, but I can pretend can't I.

larryace 05-10-2010 06:04 PM

It's funny, one of the bass players in the "scene" I frequent is a Tal Wilkenfeld "type" She's young, (early 20's) tiny, her bass is taller than she, and hot dang can she play. She's the best bass player I know besides this one other guy. She looks a lot like Tal too, it's pretty coincidental. It's like she's everyones daughter. She goes to these bass camp things once a year and guys like Victor Wooten take her right under their wing.

But great video, I really like that lineup.

crdirtRider856 05-11-2010 07:39 AM

Quick question- Can someone tell me the correct way to pronounce Colaiuta?

Fuzrock 05-11-2010 08:20 AM

I think Colaiuta is prononced MONSTER or col-a-u-ta. My friend Dave has a great way to describe him. He says "The best drummer in the world, well, he has Vinnie's poster on his wall."

Jeff_F 05-11-2010 01:05 PM

holy crap I think I'm in love... I realize Im late on this wagon but better late then never I guess... Oh yeah Jeff and VC were pretty good too :-D

Seriously though.. awesome vid.. thanks for the post

larryace 05-11-2010 06:37 PM

I love the way her anatomy hangs over the top of her bass ha ha.

doctor_benway91 06-18-2010 04:55 PM

Sweet Vid. I saw Jeff Beck, Tal Wilkenfeld, Jason Rebello and Vinnie Colaiuta play at Ottawa bluesfest last year and and going to see her and Vinnie again with Herbie Hancock June 25th I can't wait!!

Pass.of.E.r.a. 06-18-2010 05:43 PM

Oh no! is that a glass of milk on the stand there?!?

;)

Great video, Love Beck, love Vinnie, and Tal ain't bad either.

-Jonathan

bromasi 06-24-2010 09:57 PM

I'm 72 and in love again; WOW great bass solo

mrmike 06-26-2010 06:56 AM

No bra ;- )...........................I'm talking about Jeff.....................and why would he?.....................

Class A Drummer 06-26-2010 10:31 PM

Great vids. I was watching a channel Called Palodia, i don't know if anyone else has heard of it but they play live concerts in HD and i got to see this trio play an entire show with a couple guest performers including Eric Clapton.

Edit- now that i look closer, its the same show in these vids that i was watching heh heh.