DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Happy New Year! Post your resolution... (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45668)

Ironcobra 12-31-2008 11:03 PM

Happy New Year! Post your resolution...

About 7 hours early, since many of us won't be online tonight, I thought we should share a little new years cheer and resolutions before the alcohol comes out. Share what you're doing this new year, along with any resolutions or goals you might have for 2009. (as well as any drum gear you hope to buy)

Personally, I'm going to be training as much as possible for a marathon in the summer. I'm also trying to run a 5:45 mile. Wish me luck.

Obviously, many of you will be drinking tonight, so remember not to drive. I don't want to hear of any horror stories...

drumhead61 12-31-2008 11:16 PM

Re: Happy New Year! Post your resolution...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironcobra (Post 521245)
About 7 hours early, since many of us won't be online tonight, I thought we should share a little new years cheer and resolutions before the alcohol comes out. Share what you're doing this new year, along with any resolutions or goals you might have for 2009. (as well as any drum gear you hope to buy)

Personally, I'm going to be training as much as possible for a marathon in the summer. I'm also trying to run a 5:45 mile. Wish me luck.

Obviously, many of you will be drinking tonight, so remember not to drive. I don't want to hear of any horror stories...

Along with reading more on my investments...I want to practice more on the kit as well. As for tonight no drinking for me!

caddywumpus 12-31-2008 11:22 PM

Good luck on the training, ironcobra!

My new year's resolution is going to be to lay off of sugar. I don't have any health issues or weight problems or anything, but I want to quit while I'm ahead. I usually have some kind of soft drink or ice cream or something sugary every day. I want to cut down on it, though. Maybe 2x a week. It won't be considered a "new year's resolution", though, because I'm starting after all of the Christmas fudge is gone, and that will take another couple of weeks...

Ironcobra 01-01-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caddywumpus (Post 521253)
Good luck on the training, ironcobra!

My new year's resolution is going to be to lay off of sugar. I don't have any health issues or weight problems or anything, but I want to quit while I'm ahead. I usually have some kind of soft drink or ice cream or something sugary every day. I want to cut down on it, though. Maybe 2x a week. It won't be considered a "new year's resolution", though, because I'm starting after all of the Christmas fudge is gone, and that will take another couple of weeks...

Having cut out all junk from my diet, I can assure you that you'll feel much better, even if no health concerns are apparent. Good luck!

frank0072 01-01-2009 12:45 AM

Well, 2009 is just 42 minutes old here in Holland and I am already at home on Drummerworld, ready to go to bed (my wife has to work in the morning, so no parties for us). I wish you all the best for the new year, drumwise and otherwise.

My year will start great, 25th of january will be my first time ever in a band, I will play my first service in Church then. Around that time should be my first drum lessons too. And I think that this year I will be able to upgrade all my cymbals to pro-level cymbals.

jay norem 01-01-2009 01:18 AM

My resolution is to practice more. I've been lazy as hell, resting on my laurels and reputation. I think my drumming stinks. So more focused practicing. I've got a fairly high-profile gig coming up in February with my band and I want to play really, really well.
My other resolution is to work up some solo stuff. I want to do a drum solo on one of my tunes, a good one. I haven't done a drum solo in years and years, man. I intend to do one at the February gig.
So more practice, and working up some hip solo stuff. Those are my two resolutions. Oh, and my wife wants me to quit smoking, but let's put first things first.

That Guy 01-01-2009 01:20 AM

My resolution is... try to learn from the mistakes I made last year and not repeat them.

CraigG 01-01-2009 01:23 AM

well, since I haven't been here in about a year, #1 is to hang here more!! #2 get back to practicing, I have been spending the last year on my career (no I won't be a pro drummer)
Happy New Year to all, I look forward to spending some forum time with you all!!

DrummerDavid 01-01-2009 02:48 AM

Be a better father;

Practice more. Play with more muscians. Play a gig. Get in shape...get money....

Crusto 62 01-01-2009 04:01 AM

Breath , relax, practice , play drums and swim.

Jeremy Bender 01-01-2009 04:06 AM

Mine is to read every post ever placed on Drummerworld ! (and other impossible to keep resolutions).

Drummer Karl 01-01-2009 04:15 AM

Happy new year!!
Well, this year I plan to practice even more with more discipline. I want to have many great gigs and steady improvement. Another goal is to take piano lessons.

Tonight I wasn`t drinking alcohol by the way, it was still fun!

Have a great new year 2009!

Karl

Ironcobra 01-01-2009 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drummer Karl (Post 521371)
Another goal is to take piano lessons.

Now that, is a great idea...

SharkyBait911 01-01-2009 01:22 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR,

My resoloution is too teach my self piano AND get my paradiddle to 150 bpm !!

Have a great 2009

Tris

805Drummer 01-01-2009 03:24 PM

Happy New Year!

My resolution is to get a pro drumset with pro cymbals.

Another one is to learn how to code an iPhone app. I am working to develop a drum set app to compete with the current ones in the app store.

And finally, here is my new years video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm0auDio2yU

michael drums 01-01-2009 06:27 PM

Uhh...

1.) Lose some weight.
2.) Be more resolute with my finances.
3.) Be more tolerant with others.
4.) Make more friends.
5.) Have more family focus.
6.) Live, Laugh, Love.
7.) Play On!

Oh...Happy New Year to you all! ;-)

Monica McCoy 01-02-2009 05:32 AM

Last year my resolution was to eat more avocados. This year I plan to eat more cake.

aydee 01-02-2009 05:59 AM

Happy new year & here's hoping for lots of snow on Monday mornings for all the school kids, on weekends for all the skiers, and on any old day for those who don't have to shovel driveways.

My resolution is not to have one this year and see how it pans out.Happy 2009, everyone.

tbmills 01-02-2009 06:19 AM

i want to get into fsu, move to tallahassee, and finally be with my good friends nate and crimson.
i want to be a better person to friends and strangers.
i want to improve my work habits.
i want to become a better drummer and musician and learn piano.
i want to be more willing to try new things and live life to the fullest.

happy new year everyone!

thewill 01-02-2009 11:05 PM

mines to learn the piano too

got a keyboard for christmas

thewill 01-02-2009 11:06 PM

the other ones are too teach the world to sing and save the world from destruction

also get my first gig as a drummer

GRUNTERSDAD 01-02-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbmills (Post 521851)
i want to get into fsu, move to tallahassee, and finally be with my good friends nate and crimson.
i want to be a better person to friends and strangers.
i want to improve my work habits.
i want to become a better drummer and musician and learn piano.
i want to be more willing to try new things and live life to the fullest.

happy new year everyone!

GO NOLES....................

razorx 01-03-2009 06:22 AM

Become a more solid player
Find more pieces to add to my Superstars( I have a superstar custom in red scarlet fade, if you have anything let me know)
Getting my weight and blood preassure down
And finish my senior year of high school out on top.

MedievalKnight 01-05-2009 02:37 AM

wake up
survive
go to sleep
oh and a new job

intooder 01-06-2009 05:12 PM

Mine's to be a better drummer - I know it's a cop-out.

Mr. Pasquini 01-06-2009 06:50 PM

Lose another 15 lbs. I've lost 25 since I started college, but I wanna drop some more.

I also want to fix my sleeping habits, I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in 5 or so months.

GRUNTERSDAD 01-07-2009 08:15 PM

I resolve not to reply to any more , "what's the best", or "what is your favorite" threads.

FlyingBuddha 01-07-2009 08:42 PM

Improve my double kicks on my right foot, inspired by Pridgen's playing. And just practicing more often, since I finally have my own set.

mrjoe815 01-07-2009 09:46 PM

for me...my new years resolution is to get fit again lol. and stop procrastinating with school. AND try not to eat junk food as much as I used to.

rogue_drummer 01-08-2009 12:13 AM

1. practice drumming more,
2. practice drumming more,
3. practice drumming more,
4. find a girlfriend who understands drummers,
5. practice drumming more,
6. drink less,
7. practice drumming more,
8. practice drumming more,
9. steal somebody else's girlfriend who understands drummers,
10. practice drumming more,
11. study violin...wait...naw....lets see.....oh yeah, maybe find a girlfriend who drinks less than me and understands drummers.....

ShaysRebellion 01-08-2009 12:18 AM

New Years?

In the way of drumming.
-Keep practicing more
-Maybe get lessons to learn time signatures, and the technical stuff, i admit it, i'm a freestyle/self-taught drummer, i need structure!
-GET BETTER AT DOUBLE BASS, espcially my right foot technique.
-Stop hitting soooo Hard, i had to switch from 5A to 2B in sticks b/c i hit like Aaron Gillespie, and 5A broke like nothing :[ I want to switch back to 5A, more comfortable.
-look for a good deal on a new kit, maybe a Truth Custom??
-New cymbals, Meinl Byzance??
-and just really focus on the art of drumming, not the gear.

Fur drummer 01-08-2009 04:28 AM

My resoulutions:
1) Lose weight
2) Become wealthy
3) Play my drums more, I've been neglecting them lately.

Happy New Year everyone!

Mr. Pasquini 01-08-2009 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fur drummer (Post 524854)
3) Play my drums more, I've been neglecting them lately.

So you're going to beat them into submission?

Mediocrefunkybeat 01-08-2009 07:18 AM

Ok, so I lied on Aydee's thread about having no resolutions.

I am determined to learn how to play '21st Century Schizoid Man' on the guitar. I've been doing it on and off since I started playing, but sooner or later I am going to crack it. Other than the insane run and most of the solo - I'm there. But man...

Oh. And drink less beer. It's getting rather worrying.

hawk9290 01-09-2009 05:13 AM

New Year's Resolution: to come up with a resolution

I thrive on ambiguity