DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Any new year resolutions ? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45398)

jerry 12-24-2008 02:08 PM

Any new year resolutions ?

mine is to get better on the drums .i whant to learn more and get to new levels in 2009.i am going to get uncomfortable and reach for new goals .learn all styles of music.

risendrummer 12-24-2008 02:25 PM

Re: any new year resolutions ?

Yes to quit buying so many drum sets.I retire in 8 months from 30 years with the Dept of Defense.I need to everything situated and get ready for my golden years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry (Post 517963)
mine is to get better on the drums .i whant to learn more and get to new levels in 2009.i am going to get uncomfortable and reach for new goals .learn all styles of music.

2bsticks 12-24-2008 03:24 PM

I agree I must stop buying too. I'm too old and need to save for my daughters college tuition.

Also, get weight off again, and again, and again, and again. :-)

TTNW 12-24-2008 03:34 PM

Check into cymbal rehab.

I'm married to a nice set of Zildjians but I'm looking at Bosphorus, Istanbul, Alchemy, AGOP, Skibas and Spizzis like I'm ready to cheat.

No more percussion until I get a bigger drum room.

Djembes, bongos, maracas, tambourines, jingle rings, jam blocks, cowbells.
I actually started looking at congas and timbales last week. NO NO NO NO NO NO!

jerry 12-24-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by risendrummer (Post 517965)
Yes to quit buying so many drum sets.I retire in 8 months from 30 years with the Dept of Defense.I need to everything situated and get ready for my golden years.

yes me too i have one more kit being made and thats it .its a gretsch usa cutom kit ,it will be here in a month or two

jerry 12-24-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTNW (Post 517986)
Check into cymbal rehab.

I'm married to a nice set of Zildjians but I'm looking at Bosphorus, Istanbul, Alchemy, AGOP, Skibas and Spizzis like I'm ready to cheat.

No more percussion until I get a bigger drum room.

Djembes, bongos, maracas, tambourines, jingle rings, jam blocks, cowbells.
I actually started looking at congas and timbales last week. NO NO NO NO NO NO!

yes i have a set of congas i bought for my wife .she is learning how to play them .i am going to get her a jazz kit as well and teach her how to play drums as well.

drumguyfromWI 12-24-2008 05:12 PM

after I get my new hi-hats, ride, and hi-hat clutch, I resolve to stop buying drum gear for a while (except to replace broken heads/sticks) so I can save up enough money to buy a car before my 18th birthday in June.

man, walking/biking almost everywhere sucks... especially when it's cold out! at least my dad lets me borrow his truck so I don't have to walk about 30 miles to work...

jerry 12-24-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drumguyfromWI (Post 518013)
after I get my new hi-hats, ride, and hi-hat clutch, I resolve to stop buying drum gear for a while (except to replace broken heads/sticks) so I can save up enough money to buy a car before my 18th birthday in June.

man, walking/biking almost everywhere sucks... especially when it's cold out! at least my dad lets me borrow his truck so I don't have to walk about 30 miles to work...

right on man.what kind of car?

drumguyfromWI 12-24-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry (Post 518018)
right on man.what kind of car?

I'm just looking for something that has an automatic transmission, runs well, doesn't guzzle gas, has enough room for my drums when I go to gigs, and isn't going to break down on me. also, it needs to cost no more than $2000 (give or take)

it doesn't need to be a Ferrari, I just need a CAR!!! haha

jerry 12-26-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drumguyfromWI (Post 518021)
I'm just looking for something that has an automatic transmission, runs well, doesn't guzzle gas, has enough room for my drums when I go to gigs, and isn't going to break down on me. also, it needs to cost no more than $2000 (give or take)

it doesn't need to be a Ferrari, I just need a CAR!!! haha

yes anything to get from a to b would be good .wel good luck man.drums are my life

DrummerDavid 12-28-2008 01:47 PM

To play a gig this year-have been with the band almost a year and no gigs.

Granted-it took a while to get a singer and now our guitarist is sick...but damn...

John Sharples 01-07-2009 12:21 PM

Re: Any new year resolutions ?

"A New Year's
Resolution is
something that
goes in one Year
and out the Other"

Fur drummer 01-08-2009 04:22 AM

Re: Any new year resolutions ?

My resolutions are to lose weight and to get rich.