DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Demon Hunter (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45343)

drummerchick435 12-23-2008 06:32 AM

Demon Hunter

Does anyone like the band Demon Hunter? I think they kick butt! I'd like to meet them one day.

Nodiggie 12-23-2008 06:37 AM

Re: Demon Hunter

Yes, they rock!

I love their sound and vocals. They definitely have a following.

drummerchick435 12-23-2008 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodiggie (Post 517407)
Yes, they rock!

I love their sound and vocals. They definitely have a following.

I like their vocals too because you can actually understand them!

My favorite song is "Sixteen". The drum notation is ridiculous. I have my drum teacher helping me with it. It switches from 3/4 to 4/4 for the first four measures and then it's 4/4 from there. And that's only the beginning! We have yet to transcribe the entire thing!

Nodiggie 12-23-2008 06:47 AM

Yeah, Yogi is a beast on the kit. Have fun .....

caddywumpus 12-23-2008 05:07 PM

I was really into Training For Utopia. I saw them when they were on tour with Spitfire. When Demon Hunter came out, I thought, "Oh, cool, another one of Ryan Clark's bands. This ought to be good." Something about their first album didn't really resonate with me, though. Not chaotic enough or something. They were good in concert, I remember. They tore the place up!

Ian Williams 12-26-2008 02:05 AM

Listen to Storm The Gates Of Hell.

eddiehimself 12-26-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerchick435 (Post 517408)
I like their vocals too because you can actually understand them!

If you can't understand other band's vocals then maybe you aren't listening hard enough?

I think i've got one demon hunter song on my playlist. Never really listened to it but i'll make sure i do, just for you ;)

drummerchick435 12-26-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwilliams (Post 518551)
Listen to Storm The Gates Of Hell.

I have that entire album. It's so awesome. It scared me when I first listened to it. It was all quiet and then BOOM! in your face.

drummerchick435 12-26-2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiehimself (Post 518659)
If you can't understand other band's vocals then maybe you aren't listening hard enough?

I think i've got one demon hunter song on my playlist. Never really listened to it but i'll make sure i do, just for you ;)

For me, it's difficult to process lyrics sometimes, especially with heavy/thrash metal. I can make out the drums well, but when it comes to lyrics it's a little harder. Drums are easiest for me because there is typically one sound for a snare, bass, toms, and cymbals. I know they can have a different texture, but in general drums and cymbals have the same basic tone. With vocals (especially with growling/screaming), it's harder. There are many different sounds with vocals. Heck, I sometimes have trouble figuring out what people are saying in conversation!

Ian Williams 12-27-2008 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerchick435 (Post 518850)
I have that entire album. It's so awesome. It scared me when I first listened to it. It was all quiet and then BOOM! in your face.

It's raw, powerful and blunt!!!

lewisn27 12-29-2008 02:06 AM

Meh they're alright, couldn't listen to a whole album though.

ShaysRebellion 01-08-2009 01:18 AM

Yogi is a great metal drummer.

But i really like Jesse Sprinkle's drumming on their first 2 albums.

Jesse Sprinkle went on to play for Dead Poetic.

Mr. Pasquini 01-08-2009 06:43 AM

I used to really be into them, killer drummer and their vocals are pretty, I grew out of the style but they're still definitely a good band.

Construct 01-08-2009 10:34 PM

Christian Metal, extreme oxymoron, never got into them.

Mr. Pasquini 01-09-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Construct (Post 525169)
Christian Metal, extreme oxymoron, never got into them.

I'm not a christian but that is no reason that christian metal can't exist. That's very narrow minded of you.