DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   how to change pic sizes (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44732)

peanut23s 12-03-2008 08:25 PM

how to change pic sizes

i want to post pics of my kit get some views but my camera takes too large a pic to post i can put them in albums but not in forums

bobdadruma 12-03-2008 08:33 PM

Re: how to change pic sizes

I'm glad that you posted this, I also would like to learn how to do that. I had the same problem. I'm sure that help is on the way! I store my Pics in iphoto.

eddiehimself 12-03-2008 08:53 PM

you could just resize them using an image editing program.

bobdadruma 12-03-2008 09:23 PM

Ah Ha! More software to purchase. Can I buy an inexpensive upgrade for iphoto or does it require an expensive program like photoshop? I searched apple and I didn't see an upgrade. Perhaps an outside vender has written one. I don't do enough photo work to warrant a large purchase.

GRUNTERSDAD 12-03-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobdadruma (Post 509993)
Ah Ha! More software to purchase. Can I buy an inexpensive upgrade for iphoto or does it require an expensive program like photoshop? I searched apple and I didn't see an upgrade. Perhaps an outside vender has written one. I don't do enough photo work to warrant a large purchase.

You can resize in iPhoto. Edit, crop, set the size limits, done. Also what I do is when I take photos for this site is set my camera to the lowest pixel setting 640 x 480 I think and take my photos that way. Only my professional stuff do I shoot at 3000 x 2700 or so. That allows me to crop or make 20 x 30 poster size prints with no loss of resolution

Michael G 12-03-2008 09:34 PM

You don't need to get software. You have two easy choices

1. Make an account at photobucket or another image site, upload your photos and you can choose to automatically resize it while it uploads (Recommended to pick 640 x 480, standard for message boards.)

2. Open it up in paint, choose re size, and make it roughly 25% of the original size (can vary depending on how big it is, find what is right).

The first way is better though, not hard to do and you can use the IMG tags on the photo url, which can look nicer then just attaching every photo. And there are other ways to manually resize it but still, it is best to just use an online photo site.

bobdadruma 12-03-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 509997)
You can resize in iPhoto. Edit, crop, set the size limits, done. Also what I do is when I take photos for this site is set my camera to the lowest pixel setting 640 x 480 I think and take my photos that way. Only my professional stuff do I shoot at 3000 x 2700 or so. That allows me to crop or make 20 x 30 poster size prints with no loss of resolution

Thank you, I also just found a free program for Mac called Image Smith 1.0.3 Apple just added it to their store a few weeks ago. I'm going to try it. I'll let all know how it works.

RickR [WINDOWS-TEAM] 12-04-2008 09:15 PM

Hello Peanut, my name is Rick and I work with the Windows Outreach Team. If you and the other folks need help with your Photo’s, I recommend Windows Live Photo Gallery. Live Photo Gallery is free and has really good file organization capabilities, including auto importing as well as the ability to crop, resize and add effects. The best part is that Live Photo is available as a free downloadable. If you would like more information let me know or just visit the website and check it out. http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview It is real easy to use and has some pretty good features including direct upload to Facebook and Livespaces, among others.
Rick