DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   my daughter (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44688)

Drumsword 12-02-2008 04:45 PM

my daughter

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my daughter amy in the studio, keepin it real..lol

Doing her part on the recording of "Phylicia". She's 6.

larryace 12-02-2008 04:58 PM

Re: my daughter

That just warmed my heart, thanks. She's precious.

aydee 12-02-2008 05:07 PM

She's pouring her little soul into that microphone, isn't she?

Great picture, Pete, she's cute.

frank0072 12-02-2008 06:07 PM

Singing in pyjamas? That's cute.

drummerchick435 12-02-2008 06:14 PM

Aw! She's adorable! It's awesome that your family is so musical!

caddywumpus 12-02-2008 06:18 PM

Congrats, man! She's a keeper...

Drumsword 12-03-2008 02:11 PM

Thanks guys/girl, She's my little heart melter. And those do like pajama's LOL.

Here is a song I wrote for her, (Also posted in my playing) She sings with me on the very last line. (She was 3 when we recorded it).

http://media.putfile.com/Daddy-Baby-Girl

Drummer Karl 12-03-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumsword (Post 509819)
Thanks guys/girl, She's my little heart melter. And those do like pajama's LOL.

Here is a song I wrote for her, (Also posted in my playing) She sings with me on the very last line. (She was 3 when we recorded it).

http://media.putfile.com/Daddy-Baby-Girl

You can be very proud Peter!!
I remember that you sent me this tune "Daddy Baby Girl" about two years ago, I even still have the e-mail!
Great that your daughter gets the early opportunity!

Karl

mikei 12-03-2008 06:59 PM

Great Pic!

Beautiful daughter you have there!!! They are the greatest, aren't they!

I have 2 daughters of my own 9 (birthday today) and 11. They are my world.

I am sure it is the same with your daughter.

I am just dreading the teenage, "I want to go on a date" years!

Mike

drumhead61 12-03-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikei (Post 509901)
Great Pic!

Beautiful daughter you have there!!! They are the greatest, aren't they!

I have 2 daughters of my own 9 (birthday today) and 11. They are my world.

I am sure it is the same with your daughter.

I am just dreading the teenage, "I want to go on a date" years!

Mike

Pete, wonderful pic, great your daughter can share in music with you!

MIKE, I have 2 teen daughters and already survived one the other 2 are better they are 13 & 15 so the same spread in years as I have...AnD HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR Little one!

mikei 12-04-2008 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drumhead61 (Post 509905)
MIKE, I have 2 teen daughters and already survived one the other 2 are better they are 13 & 15 so the same spread in years as I have...AnD HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR Little one!

Hey Pete,

Thank you for the well wishes. 9 years go by so fast. I can't believe it.

Yes, the dating is coming! I don't know how I will handle it, but I will. Definitely really close with the girls, so they tell me everything. I have to be COOL so that they continue to feel comfortable enough to talk to me through the teenage years!

You are relatively new to the site, but you are one of the great guys out here. Your posts are always good and you are a nice guy to boot.

Glad to hear you made it through one of them. The other will hopefully be easier!

Mike

m1ck 12-04-2008 05:59 AM

Yeah, she's cute now.

Just wait until she's a TEENAGER.

HA HA hahahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!

Deathmetalconga 12-04-2008 08:12 AM

What a great thing, to get your kid into music so young!

It's really satisfying to jam with family members and especially your kids.

Drumsword 12-04-2008 03:06 PM

Maybe we can form a "Fathers against dating before your 30" club? I'll supply the shotguns and snacks. lol

And Karl, Can you e-mail me some of your songs? I love your playing.

2bsticks 12-04-2008 03:18 PM

I here you there my friend. She is adorable and I share your fears. I have two daughters. One is 15 and the other 11. The 15 year old plays guitar. She likes the punk stuff. The 11 tried the piano but it's not her thing. Have to love daughters.

Drummer Karl 12-04-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumsword (Post 510226)

Thanks a bunch Peter! I`d be happy to send you my stuff, too...no problem!

Karl

Drumsword 12-04-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drummer Karl (Post 510280)
Thanks a bunch Peter! I`d be happy to send you my stuff, too...no problem!

Karl

Thanks man, I'll take anything you'd care to send:
pete_holman@yahoo.com

LTNINGFan 12-06-2008 05:49 AM

A father of two giurls, 8, and a-soon-to-be 4 year old...I will be a member of the 30 or older to date club myself :)

Nice pic of your girl Pete, I know you're proud as I would be as well :)

m1ck 12-06-2008 06:36 AM

Quote:

Maybe we can form a "Fathers against dating before your 30" club? I'll supply the shotguns and snacks. ...

I'm in.

Mine's 16. She was adorable when she was younger and I still love her to death but WHOAH the mood swings... I think all teenage girls go through a bi-polar stage. We have a good relationship regardless.

Unfortunately I think I've joked too many times about how I'm going to be cleaning my pistol in the living room every time someone comes to pick her up, and as a result I've never met any of her boyfriends...

But yeah - daughters rock. That picture of Amy is priceless, man.

Ian Williams 12-06-2008 07:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I have two lovely and great daughters, 11 years and 5 years old. They are my full blown inspiration and my wife.

Thanks Drumsword, good initiative your thread, starting with your sweet daughter.

Cheers,

lewisn27 12-06-2008 07:09 PM

Ah yes, Hammer smashed face by Cannibal Corpse, I just couldn't quite put my finger on what she was singing.
Joke lol

eddiehimself 12-06-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m1ck (Post 510988)
Unfortunately I think I've joked too many times about how I'm going to be cleaning my pistol in the living room every time someone comes to pick her up, and as a result I've never met any of her boyfriends...

D:

It's quite funny actually in this book i was reading the author had put "could a father ever trust the man who was sleeping with his daughter?" I know it's not something you want to think about when you see her boyfriend but that's pretty much the inconvinent truth of the matter here.

I think my dad likes my sister's boyfriend though. I think he's a nice guy too.

pimp_my_RIDE 12-06-2008 07:25 PM

Hey drumsword, how can you say no to her ever?:P

Drumsword 12-07-2008 12:03 AM

lol, so the club is a go............sweet. your daughters are beautiful as well. and thanks for all the posts, yes is hard to say no to those puppy dog eyes,,lol.

drumhead61 12-07-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikei (Post 510065)
Hey Pete,

Thank you for the well wishes. 9 years go by so fast. I can't believe it.

Yes, the dating is coming! I don't know how I will handle it, but I will. Definitely really close with the girls, so they tell me everything. I have to be COOL so that they continue to feel comfortable enough to talk to me through the teenage years!

You are relatively new to the site, but you are one of the great guys out here. Your posts are always good and you are a nice guy to boot.

Glad to hear you made it through one of them. The other will hopefully be easier!

Mike

Hey Mike,

Thanks for that them things are always good to hear...the name is Jim by the way. The others are easier, but my 15 has been caught stretching truth to the point of LIES and so we have a little trust issue at this time, but we are working on those things, we have not shut down communication or love so we have to work on telling the truth at all times not when it is convenient for her to get her way. THANK GOD the lies have not been major like when I was growing up, they are both drug free which is something at their ages I could NOT confess to so I am thankful for the issues that I do have with them!

I hope your daughter's birthday was a great one...I remember 9's :o)

drumhead61 12-07-2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Maybe we can form a "Fathers against dating before your 30" club? I'll supply the shotguns and snacks. lol

I already have a supply of shotguns having three daughters...let's just get the club formed! ROFL

drumhead61 12-07-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m1ck (Post 510988)
I'm in.

Mine's 16. She was adorable when she was younger and I still love her to death but WHOAH the mood swings... I think all teenage girls go through a bi-polar stage. We have a good relationship regardless.
But yeah - daughters rock. That picture of Amy is priceless, man.

Yep, they are bi-polar in a major way and some continues on into adulthood which my wife will confess to!

Funny how dad's never get to meet the boyfriends...but I have found my ways of getting them into the house after a call to their folks :-)

Drumsword 12-09-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drumhead61 (Post 511256)
Yep, they are bi-polar in a major way and some continues on into adulthood which my wife will confess to!

Funny how dad's never get to meet the boyfriends...but I have found my ways of getting them into the house after a call to their folks :-)

LOL, I'll have to remember that