DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What do you do when you are NOT drumming? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44471)

Pyrate 11-26-2008 07:15 PM

What do you do when you are NOT drumming?

Hey guys I'm new in this forum , but I know this site for about 3 years now
I really love it!

Soo when I'm not playing drums I like to do sport and hang out with friends

and how about you guys??

LM201 11-26-2008 07:21 PM

Re: What do you do when you are NOT drumming?

I live in Tennessee, I'm 14 which means no car, so I have absolutely nothing to do but computer, play drums, and explore the woods. I'll occasionally watch a TV show but very rarely.

I used to live in California where you were within walking distance of anything. I miss it so much compared to this mind-numbing boredness.

Oh yeah, and sometimes when my or my friends parents have enough time to drive 20-30 miles to our houses, I'll hang out with them.

caddywumpus 11-26-2008 07:40 PM

Pyrate, Welcome to the forum!

When I'm not drumming, I'm watching my kids. Or, rather, when I'm not watching my kids, I'm drumming...

I used to have many many hobbies; skateboarding, drawing, playing games, playing video games, bike riding, soccer, tennis, hockey, etc. Now that I have NO free time whatsoever it seems, I find myself drawn to do what I'm most passionate about in what little time I do get, which is music. Drums or recording if my wife is watching the kids, or maybe some guitar or marimba or vibes when the kids are asleep...

John Sharples 11-26-2008 08:02 PM

Hi guys. When Im not working or playing the Drums I am building Street Rods or working on my 15x40 HO train set Ya Im a 51 year old kid! I still find time to be a husband sometimes too.

larryace 11-26-2008 09:02 PM

I'm a masked crimefighter so I'm constantly monitoring my "world eye" for any disturbances, and when I spot trouble, I don my cape and fly there.
Oh and I also run my electrical business.

drummmhead 11-26-2008 09:13 PM

cooking! I love to cook.

PQleyR 11-26-2008 09:35 PM

This!

Oh, and...that.

jayp 11-26-2008 10:05 PM

When im not drumming I love to dive into the crates and sample records and create beats and explore my musical tastes, I love my vinyl :-). Im also an emcee and do local shows around town.

Ian Williams 11-27-2008 01:47 AM

Family and Marriage maintenance.
I am an rocker roller listening to my different long plays, tapes, cd's memorizing music then later on putting into drums.
Read, go for a stroll, travel, taste a good cup of wine and smoke a cigar...Living life to the maximum.

Nodiggie 11-27-2008 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummmhead (Post 506583)
cooking! I love to cook.

I always wanted to be a Chef. Was learning in the family restaurants at age 8.

When I'm not playing drums my time looks like this:

Recording LP for last year and it is finally being mastered (argghhh). The hard part was the fact that I was done tracking the whole LP in 1 day. Talk about anticipation!

Water Polo matches for baby girl who took MVP as a Junior by the way.

I spend too much time online but that's because the other 4 people in my family hog the TV.

I like to read and enjoy listening to new music.

Spend time with family as much as humanly possible. My family is bunch of clowns and laughter is a huge part of our social time together.

Take care of mom now that she is in her last days.

maddrummr 11-27-2008 06:27 AM

Hmm when I'm not drumming I'm usually playing a lot of Xbox. I do that too much. THeres of course schoolwork. And when its nice outside I'm airsofting and taking my gun apart and making it better.

Pyrate 11-27-2008 05:36 PM

Wow!!
Thanks guys for answering the question

I woulrd never thought that so many people would answer

Muffled Tom 11-27-2008 05:37 PM

I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out with friends, read short stories (and the New Yorker), write, doodle, and work on my skills on the bass and the keyboard.

frank0072 11-27-2008 06:12 PM

Well since I'm just married for 7 months I guess you can all guess what my favorite activity is, next to drumming...

eddiehimself 11-27-2008 06:43 PM

http://industrialunittolet.co.uk/p1000910.jpg

I'm THAT BORED! I'm either doing this (and other drawings obviously), at school, doing work, on the guitar or reading one of my many Inspector Rebus novels in front of the telly. I really should practice my drums more to be honest.

Btw that's nothing like my real writing, you wouldn't believe how terrible it is compared to that drawing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank0072 (Post 506952)
Well since I'm just married for 7 months I guess you can all guess what my favorite activity is, next to drumming...

Thinking "oh dear i married the wrong person!" :p only joking i hope you have a very long and happy marrage and live to be old fogies together :)

maddrummr 11-27-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Scrabble?

Guz2 11-27-2008 08:00 PM

When I'm not drumming I'm finger drumming

HeadRush 11-27-2008 09:14 PM

computer and hanging with friends and school

jay norem 11-27-2008 09:19 PM

Sitting at the piano writing music, spending way too much time on the internet, hanging out with Mrs. Norem and driving her crazy as I play on my practice pad with the TV on.

Mediocrefunkybeat 11-27-2008 09:32 PM

When I'm not drumming I'm playing guitar. Or pulling my hair out with Max/MSP or Baroque Harmony...

drummerchick435 11-27-2008 09:44 PM

Homework, Drummerworld, chores, playing with my (somewhat) new puppy, YouTube, being obsessed with the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus, church, eating, watching tv, drawing house plans sometimes, hanging out with friends, internet social networking sites, and, occasionally, baking.

I'm just a good all around 19 year old.

doorstilend 11-27-2008 09:52 PM

Listening to new kinds of music to me of course, resting, reading, writing, taking naps, PS2, hanging round with friends, family,at work! (grotesque) blah blah blah and i also like to spend time watching the sky, the nature, at least for couple of minutes and forget about the whole world out there

LeeLovesSabian 11-27-2008 10:20 PM

If im not playing the drums:
I hang out with my girlfriend, watch zombie movies, shoot soft-air guns, get on the internet, sometimes play games.
U know, the usual stuff.

Citizen Insane 11-27-2008 11:57 PM

Play games, read Comic books, watch movies/TV, listen to music, hanging out with friends, sleep.

kristen 11-28-2008 04:25 AM

Hmm... I don't really know. It seems like I'm not home that much, I guess hanging out with friends. You know what the worst is though, when you have a cold, and your at home doing nothing, but your head hurts too much to play drums. That makes me sad

eddiehimself 11-28-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doorstilend (Post 507043)
and i also like to spend time watching the sky

Who needs sky tv when you've got THE SKY! :p

crdirtRider856 11-28-2008 01:00 PM

I would be instantly banned if I were to answer this truthfully....So I ll go with this:

Spending too much time here
Sleeping
TV
Taking trips...
MX
drawing
expanding the ole 3rd eye
And exercising Betty Palm! lol

eddiehimself 11-28-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crdirtRider856 (Post 507352)
expanding the ole 3rd eye
And exercising Betty Palm! lol

i forgot about that one O-o

Drumsword 11-28-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

ROFLOL, I was married 17 years, and that was STILL my fave activity...lol

I am a husband and father full time, So when I am not playing I am watching my daughters, or tending horses. I do enjoy to read when I can, and I used to be an avid bodybuilder, powerlifter and enjoyed Grappling. I also do side work as a bouncer.

Aggressivec 11-29-2008 06:30 AM

I enjoy playing Guitar and Piano as well as skateboarding in my spare time. I also love Video Games and the Office!

kristen 11-29-2008 06:43 PM

I love The Office!!!

SharkyBait911 11-29-2008 07:54 PM

When i'm not drumming i go into the city and waste my money lol
and i play golf with my grandparents (i live a sad life haha), but i do some worth while things such as ennoy my little sister !!!

rockinrider 11-29-2008 08:39 PM

I know! You're probably all getting bored with this. But, this is what I do when I'm not drumming:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...rrogetacow.jpg

doorstilend 11-29-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiehimself (Post 507315)
Who needs sky tv when you've got THE SKY! :p

i didnt mean sky tv xD

wy yung 11-29-2008 11:59 PM

Having little life outside of drumming, I'd say that watching a DVD or reading are about all I do. The other activity is travelling to and from drumming. I do it for a living and am unmarried with no kids I know of. Plus these days I am trying to stay a professional musician so all my effort goes into that through building a teaching practice and playing live. I probably spend about 70 hours a week drumming. Maybe more. I also still take the odd lesson, had one just last week. Plus I practice drums and percussion. My brother complains because he never sees me because of my constant drumming. Now that there is a looming economic crisis I am taking even more students in case some drop off. So far I've been lucky and have only lost 1 students for that reason. Plus 1 has gone from hourly weekly classes to 30 minute fortnightly classes. Aside from that there is no real problem. I'm a bit tired though I must admit.

doorstilend 11-30-2008 07:35 PM

70 hours or more a week? you Must be REALLY tired man

GRUNTERSDAD 11-30-2008 07:48 PM

Photography, checking on my two grand sons, working.

eddiehimself 11-30-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doorstilend (Post 507980)
i didnt mean sky tv xD

i know that's what i meant.

805Drummer 11-30-2008 09:37 PM

When I'm not drumming, I'm either skateboarding, rollerblading, drawing, doing homework, on the computer, making movies for Youtube, watching TV, or buying drum stuff.

groovemaster_flex 12-01-2008 01:49 AM

Hmmm... As someone in my final year at highschool, I'm either earning my tuition for post-secondary, in school, or doing homework.

I lead a very exciting life.

I'm writing a paper for my psychology class as soon as I'm done typing this.

:)