DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   new ac/dc album? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44097)

idle_hands 11-14-2008 05:26 PM

new ac/dc album?

Check out the awesome black ice tshirt I just bought,
AC/DC BLACK ICE T-SHIRT
Iíve never seen this shirt before, I canít wait to get it.
The new album is awesome, Iím defiantly glad I got one of their shirts

LeeLovesSabian 11-14-2008 08:29 PM

Re: new ac/dc album?

AC/DC is cool.
My only problem with them is that almost everyone of their songs sound the same, and have the same structure.

drumhead61 11-14-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeLovesSabian (Post 501529)
AC/DC is cool.
My only problem with them is that almost everyone of their songs sound the same, and have the same structure.

Yeah, as much as I love this group I have always thought the same thing as well...with little changes to make that difference. It is obvious that it has worked well for them.

Nodiggie 11-14-2008 08:48 PM

You either love'em or don't. The new LP is cool...same AC/DC sound and beats that made them famous, nothing new or "out of the box". But, more power to them to be able to piece together 15 more rockin' tunes at their age. It gives me courage to keep moving forward. lol

My singer is an AC/DC fanatic. He is stuck to some degree or another in this time warp. He even suggested to me that a certain drum track I did on our LP should have been simpler. "You mean like AC/DC?" ........ it was quite for a moment. Then my bass player laughed.

Ian Williams 11-14-2008 11:22 PM

AC/DC are smart and clever, they have survived through the years...Back in Black Ice!!!

jrbassman712 11-14-2008 11:57 PM

tight shirt i might need to get one myself

yellow_belly 11-21-2008 08:19 PM

that is a pretty rockin' tshirt...

i've been a huge fan of ac/dc all my life, grew up on 'em since my dad loved them too, have to say i like their new album wayyyy more than metallica's new album, aha.

Ian Williams 11-21-2008 11:41 PM

AC/DC is Rock N' Roll...catchy groove and clean riff guitar + backbone drums. I am listening to Black Ice, right now.

idle_hands 01-18-2009 06:10 PM

im a huge fan of the black ice album.

Guz2 01-18-2009 09:50 PM

AC/DC are great! But they were much better when Bon was alive :'( RIP

Ian Williams 01-18-2009 11:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I back up that, Bon Scott (Tattooed Dragon) was the man. I admired him for his strength, charisma, rawness, mind-speaking, hand-to-hand with the fans.

Let There Be Rock!!!

diosdude 01-18-2009 11:57 PM

I just don't get the fascination with AC/DC but for those about to rock, i salute you. Doesn't black ice sound like some malt beverage from smirnoff or somethin'?

Ian Williams 01-19-2009 12:05 AM

Maybe a pint of Guinnes or McEwans export...

CountHavoc 01-21-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drumhead61 (Post 501544)
Yeah, as much as I love this group I have always thought the same thing as well...with little changes to make that difference. It is obvious that it has worked well for them.

I grew up with AC/DC,but yeah,they are kind of a parody of themselves.
A lot of band's(even those that havent been around that long,ie Fear Factory)tend to find a sound/formular that sort of defines them & they stick to it & make billion's of dollar's from it.More power to them,i guess.
If ur a big enuff fan,it dosent matter what ur fav band comes out with,u will still buy it even if it's rubbish.
Metallica anyone?......LOL