DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   the New Extreme Album (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41157)

dizkneelande 08-11-2008 12:27 AM

the New Extreme Album
 
I just got back from seeing them in Ohio and let me tell you the new stuff rocks! The new drummer is worth checking out as well. He's got bonham written all him. Anyone else going to see them?

hawk9290 08-11-2008 04:22 AM

Re: the New Extreme Album
 
How the heck did I miss that they were in Ohio???
Oh well, guess I'll see them across the street from my dorm in Tempe in a couple weeks (its also a rock n' roll fantasy camp on tour date, so even more fun to watch)-plus it gets me out of my mandatory campus welcome that isn't actually mandatory.

I just wish his drum set was a little more Bonham sounding, but that falls to the production guys, and its not a modern sound unfortunatley. But still a great band.

dizkneelande 08-11-2008 07:29 PM

Re: the New Extreme Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk9290 (Post 468374)
How the heck did I miss that they were in Ohio???
Oh well, guess I'll see them across the street from my dorm in Tempe in a couple weeks (its also a rock n' roll fantasy camp on tour date, so even more fun to watch)-plus it gets me out of my mandatory campus welcome that isn't actually mandatory.

I just wish his drum set was a little more Bonham sounding, but that falls to the production guys, and its not a modern sound unfortunatley. But still a great band.

I agree. He's also missing that 18" floor tom and the 26" bass drum. His set does sound nice and thick on the album though. It wasn't as awesome sounding live though but I blame house of blues for that. The only part of rock and roll fantasy camp I enjoyed was when glenn hughs fron deep purple came out and sang. He wailed! Other than that though it was a waste of my time because I wanted to see more of kingsX.

hawk9290 08-12-2008 03:47 AM

Re: the New Extreme Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dizkneelande (Post 468587)
I agree. He's also missing that 18" floor tom and the 26" bass drum. His set does sound nice and thick on the album though. It wasn't as awesome sounding live though but I blame house of blues for that. The only part of rock and roll fantasy camp I enjoyed was when glenn hughs fron deep purple came out and sang. He wailed! Other than that though it was a waste of my time because I wanted to see more of kingsX.

how long did the extreme and kings x sets run?

dizkneelande 08-12-2008 07:57 AM

Re: the New Extreme Album
 
kingsx played almost an hour and extreme played two or so. I was mad!

crdirtRider856 08-12-2008 08:15 AM

Re: the New Extreme Album
 
I didnt even know these 2 bands were still touring! I d LOVE to see this show! Is Gary Cherone still playin with Extreme?

dizkneelande 08-13-2008 05:49 AM

Re: the New Extreme Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crdirtRider856 (Post 468826)
I didnt even know these 2 bands were still touring! I d LOVE to see this show! Is Gary Cherone still playin with Extreme?

yep! everyone is the same except for the drummer. I think it would have been cool to hear mangini with Extreme again but I think the new drummer fits into the group better.

Bart Hodge 08-13-2008 04:03 PM

Re: the New Extreme Album
 
The drummer is from Nuno's old band DramaGods.

dizkneelande 08-14-2008 06:43 AM

Re: the New Extreme Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart Hodge (Post 469268)
The drummer is from Nuno's old band DramaGods.

and pop 1 too. although jeff consi played on a lot of the first album

Muckster 08-14-2008 04:52 PM

Re: the New Extreme Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crdirtRider856 (Post 468826)
I didnt even know these 2 bands were still touring! I d LOVE to see this show! Is Gary Cherone still playin with Extreme?

Yeah, the best day in Gary Cherone's career was the day he joined Van Halen and the day he left.

dizkneelande 08-15-2008 02:30 AM

Re: the New Extreme Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckster (Post 469602)
Yeah, the best day in Gary Cherone's career was the day he joined Van Halen and the day he left.

so glad he left. ugh. Him and nuno sound much better together.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com