DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Rock n' Roll definitions? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40502)

Ian Williams 07-22-2008 07:06 AM

Rock n' Roll definitions?

Hello, colleagues.

I wonder what definitions do you have for Rock n' Roll?
My definition is as follows:
Rock n' Roll = Rhythm & Blues + Boogie-Woogie with Tempo. (now is all about speed)

May I have your comments?

Thanks & Regards,

crdirtRider856 07-22-2008 08:05 AM

Re: Rock n' Roll definitions?

To me, Rock n roll is something that makes me feel good and just let go! I have many loves, and r+r is one of the best, and it will always be there. LONG LIVE ROCK!(in the words of the Who)

Class A Drummer 07-22-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwilliams (Post 461546)
Hello, colleagues.

I wonder what definitions do you have for Rock n' Roll?
My definition is as follows:
Rock n' Roll = Rhythm & Blues + Boogie-Woogie with Tempo. (now is all about speed)

May I have your comments?

Thanks & Regards,

I dont think i would consider A huge chunk of Rock to be made up of RnB. I would define it as kick ass.

blade123 07-22-2008 10:14 AM

A heavier, more aggressive form of pop music with a defined upbeat, usually consisting of a quartet with drums, bass, guitar, and a singer

nhzoso 07-22-2008 10:20 AM

It definetly Ain't noise pollution, rock n roll ain’t no riddle man
To me it makes good, good sense. Actually It's been a long time since I rock n rolled. OK I will stop right there Sorry everyone ; )

aydee 07-22-2008 10:38 AM

Its a guy singing from his heart, not his throat,

Its the distorted crunch of a beaten up Gibson Les Paul, not a Sadowsky Jim Hall model,

Its a double Marshallstack, not Metal Lead amps

Its a fat Fender Precision Bass growling staccato 8th note As, not a Fodera 6 string

Its a big 4 piece Ludwig Kitwith a 26" inch bass drum, pounding out a heavy 4, not a Yammie maple ( sob! )

Class A Drummer 07-22-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aydee (Post 461591)

Its the distorted crunch of a beaten up Gibson Les Paul, not a Sadowsky Jim Hall model,

Its a fat Fender Precision Bass growling staccato 8th note As, not a Fodera 6 string

Its a big 4 piece Ludwig Kitwith a 26" inch bass drum, pounding out a heavy 4, not a Yammie maple ( sob! )

So, Led Zeppelin? hahaha

KLittle123 07-22-2008 08:44 PM

waaaay to hard to define. I mean, unless your talking of early rock'n'roll from the rockabilly times, but Rock'n'Roll is way to general.

GRUNTERSDAD 07-22-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aydee (Post 461591)

Right on AD, and you have to be able to dance to it. Chuck Berry was rock and roll. Big Bopper, Buddy Holly, Richie Valens That was rock and Roll. Oh did I say the Beatles, the early years. I'm sure I said the Beatles.