DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Outspoken front-man (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40223)

Ian Williams 07-13-2008 06:36 AM

Outspoken front-men

Fellow drummers,

Something different to share our knowledge, I start with:

Bon Scott, AC/DC.
Johnny Rotten, The Sex Pistols.
Jello Biafra, Dead Kennedys.
Joe Strummer, The Clash.
Roger Daltrey, The Who...Likes to bash on Keith's cymbals.

All the Best,

crdirtRider856 07-13-2008 08:20 AM

Re: Outspoken front-man

Bono is outspoken but in a good way, Mick Jagger, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, John Lennon, man this might be a long list!

Pedey 07-13-2008 10:02 AM

Cedric Bixler-Zavala - The Mars Volta

frequently leaps upon security guards (duct taped ones head once) hurled peices of the drum kit into the crowd and has berated the crowd on many different issues numerous times.

love him

drumbandit 07-13-2008 11:05 AM

Ian Brown, his confidence got the Stone Roses their first gig with no proof of a following, cd, etc in London when they were a Manchester band. The Gallaghers (Oasis) are the obvious example as well, there are so many videos of them destroying people in interviews. If they think they're right then nothing can make then change their minds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipLWr...eature=related

Tom

Deathmetalconga 07-13-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedey (Post 458344)
Cedric Bixler-Zavala - The Mars Volta

frequently leaps upon security guards (duct taped ones head once) hurled peices of the drum kit into the crowd and has berated the crowd on many different issues numerous times.

love him

Wow, this fellow just sounds infantile and obnoxious. It says something about a person's character that if they get a tiny scrap of fame they just become jerks.

burnthehero 07-13-2008 11:48 PM

I got tired of sorting through the good & bad when it comes to musicians, so I just don't take any of them seriously anymore.

rendezvous_drummer 07-14-2008 12:10 AM

Bono
Morrissey
Thom Yorke

Ian Williams 07-14-2008 05:42 AM

Thanks fellows, good sharing.

Another one: Ozzy Osbourne, Axl Rose, Lemmy Ian Kilmister.

Cheers,

aruration 07-14-2008 09:55 AM

Robert Plant

secondXheartbeat 07-14-2008 06:36 PM

Rody Walker from Protest The Hero.

Got in trouble with the record label for telling fans to just download all the music. Also drew some heat in Canada for calling their bass player (who is of middle-eastern descent) a "sand n*****" as a joke during an interview.

Ian Williams 07-16-2008 05:26 AM

Rob Zombie from White Zombie.
Tom Araya, Slayer.

Thanks & Regards,

votard 07-16-2008 05:58 AM

Randy Blythe from lamb of god(when he's drunk)

crdirtRider856 07-16-2008 07:19 AM

Perry Farrell, Eddie Vedder, Scott Weiland, Corey Taylor, Billy Corgan, Maynard, Courtney Love(puke in my mouth a lil) and more to come shortly.

Ian Williams 07-17-2008 02:12 AM

Kurt Cobain, Nirvana.
Rob Halford, Judas Priest. In a gently way.

All the Best,

Ironcobra 07-17-2008 03:34 AM

After reading this, it just seems like everyone is listing all the front men they can, mostly from famous bands.

Here's one for you, how about an in your face front woman...

http://www.perfectpitchonline.com/ba...arch_enemy.jpg

crdirtRider856 07-17-2008 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironcobra (Post 459750)
After reading this, it just seems like everyone is listing all the front men they can, mostly from famous bands.

Here's one for you, how about an in your face front woman...

http://www.perfectpitchonline.com/ba...arch_enemy.jpg

Well I did mention Janis and Courtney Love, but I had to make a run for the bathroom soon thereafter. If her name were a taste or a smell...it would probably be rotten fish, or spoiled chicken. What about Amy Winehouse? Oh and thats Otep, right? I saw them open for Opeth a while back and I was quite impressed, with her and the whole band. Made a fan of me!

nhzoso 07-17-2008 01:45 PM

No Mention of Grace Slick? I remember seeing a video of her in Germany and she starts asking the crowd who won the War right in the middle of a song. Must have been whacked out on something but she was always very outspoken. Even after the drugs (I think she quit) Probably to a fault. Stairway to Cleveland?

DestinationDrumming 07-17-2008 02:34 PM

Bernie Shaw - Frontman of Uriah Heep

Respect all your views but Bono!!!! The man who preaches environmental disaster but sends his shoes and hat 1st class when he forgets them!

Citizen Insane 07-17-2008 07:04 PM

Phil Anselmo from Pantera, most of what he has to say is bullsh*t though.

Matt Bellamy from Muse, Zach De La Rocha (Rage Against The Machine), and if hip-hop counts I'll add Slick Rick and Chuck D.

intooder 07-17-2008 09:40 PM

- Tori Amos
- Sinead O'Connor
- Henry Rollins
- Frank Zappa

Paiste 2002 07-19-2008 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crdirtRider856 (Post 459761)
Well I did mention Janis and Courtney Love, but I had to make a run for the bathroom soon thereafter. If her name were a taste or a smell...it would probably be rotten fish, or spoiled chicken. What about Amy Winehouse? Oh and thats Otep, right? I saw them open for Opeth a while back and I was quite impressed, with her and the whole band. Made a fan of me!

No, that is Angela Gossow of the mighty Arch Enemy. I have met her a few times and she is an extremely nice person.

crdirtRider856 07-19-2008 01:53 AM

Cool, I wouldnt mind meetin her! Huh... I have heard Arch Enemy so many times and never realized they had a female singer. Learn something new everyday here.

ITDSCryptopsy 07-19-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crdirtRider856 (Post 460422)
Cool, I wouldnt mind meetin her! Huh... I have heard Arch Enemy so many times and never realized they had a female singer. Learn something new everyday here.

Depends what albums you've been listening to. They had a male vocalist before her, I think her first album was Doomsday Machine? I think anyway.