DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Post Your Music Folder (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39841)

dot_Anthem 06-30-2008 03:38 AM

Post Your Music Folder

I'm curious to see what everyone else hear listens to, so post your music folders :D Here's mine:

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4866/mymusicvf6.png

GRUNTERSDAD 07-04-2008 03:33 AM

Re: Post Your Music Folder

8 Attachment(s)
Right back at ya'..............Only 697 songs.

Ironcobra 07-04-2008 03:36 AM

I have way to many artists, and to many artists with only one song to do this. I would have hundreds of folders!

rendezvous_drummer 07-04-2008 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot_Anthem (Post 453966)
I'm curious to see what everyone else hear listens to, so post your music folders :D Here's mine:

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4866/mymusicvf6.png

DUDE, you're missing Stars, Vampire Weekend, Death Cab for Cutie, U2, Speechwriters LLC, Kenna, MGMT!!!!

Ironcobra 07-04-2008 04:47 AM

Along with the Beatles and Weird Al (Bermuda won't be pleased!)

dot_Anthem 07-04-2008 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rendezvous_drummer (Post 455338)
DUDE, you're missing Stars, Vampire Weekend, Death Cab for Cutie, U2, Speechwriters LLC, Kenna, MGMT!!!!

Death Cab is too soft for me. I never really liked U2 that much to tell you the truth, I dunno the others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironcobra (Post 455343)
Along with the Beatles and Weird Al (Bermuda won't be pleased!)

Sorry, :D Never really got into the Beatles. I used to listen to Weird Al back during the scissors days.

stasz 07-04-2008 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 455322)
Right back at ya'..............(picture)

GD... Amy Winhouse??? No, no, no!!!!

Not on my home computer but I'll post mine when I am.

FourOnSix 07-05-2008 06:24 AM

300 gigs of music folders is too many to post...

ha

I don't see how anyone could not like Death Cab. Ben Gibbard is such a good songwriter. It's a matter of opinion though.

rendezvous_drummer 07-05-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourOnSix (Post 455605)

ha

I don't see how anyone could not like Death Cab. Ben Gibbard is such a good songwriter. It's a matter of opinion though.

A genius! Kickin me own arse for not seeing them when they were here.

Michael G 07-05-2008 07:29 AM

Here are some pictures of one folder. For Jazz, I separate the music by the drummers rather than the artist

http://i26.tinypic.com/25zpmcx.jpg

A look inside my biggest folder (I think)

http://i25.tinypic.com/29cq5d.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/r1k8k9.jpg

A look at another big folder

http://i27.tinypic.com/97s7y8.jpg

anything not separated by drummers is in a miscellaneous folder, or if they aren't enough for a folder they go in the. Biggest would probably be Joe Morello.

And my last folder is Eddie Condon, and because his music is with a variety of drummers sometimes, I decided not to split up and keep them together because well, Eddie is a legend.

http://i27.tinypic.com/34f1we9.jpg

I also have a lot of funk stuff and some rock and metal things as well. They aren't as cool though.

KLittle123 07-05-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 455322)
Right back at ya'..............

Dude, A Fine Frenzy....Heck yes, that's all i have to say.

Bernhard 07-05-2008 04:00 PM

Folders: No itunes? Hmmmm.......!!!!

Mr. Pasquini 07-05-2008 04:02 PM

Considering I have 30 gigs of music, this isn't gonna work.

Ironcobra 07-05-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourOnSix (Post 455605)

That's like 100,000 songs!

GRUNTERSDAD 07-05-2008 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Please don't hate me. Amy Winehouse was a free download. Poor girl has a good band and a good sound but is on the wrong end of a crack pipe.
A friend gave me a data disk a few years ago with all of the Beatles albums on it. Each album shows up as one song in iTunes, but is all of the tunes from that album.
They look like this.

stasz 07-05-2008 09:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 455709)
Please don't hate me. Amy Winehouse was a free download. Poor girl has a good band and a good sound but is on the wrong end of a crack pipe.
I friend gave me a data disk a few years ago with all of the Beatles albums on it. Each album shows up as one song in iTunes, but is all of the tunes from that album.
They look like this.

Don't worry, no hate here. I could care less about what an artist decides to put up their nose, I'm just not terribly fond of her music. That's pretty cool about that Beatles CD, I suppose it's closer to listening to the original records. I always shuffle my iTunes and the only time I listen to albums in their entirety is the first time I listen to them.

Here's my list of artists. Mac > PC

PS Gruntersdad, I actually have you listed on there from when I downloaded a sound clip of your kit from drummerworld! lol.

GRUNTERSDAD 07-05-2008 09:36 PM

Next. you'll want my autograph. Highlite, right click, and delete. lol
I have one of those digital Picture Frames on my desk at work with the future drummer grandsons on it and a second chip with music on it.
Its a 512 chip and holds all of their, Beatles, albums on it. Just imagine Beatles all day and no repeats.

metal overlord 07-06-2008 04:03 AM

my music folders music is all messed up and over the place. Same with all the songs on my Zune. I have Slayer under Iron Maiden with the background album picture of Metallica's Master of Puppets. I need to work on it, but, i'm lazy and probably wont.

dot_Anthem 07-06-2008 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metal overlord (Post 455842)
my music folders music is all messed up and over the place. Same with all the songs on my Zune. I have Slayer under Iron Maiden with the background album picture of Metallica's Master of Puppets. I need to work on it, but, i'm lazy and probably wont.

:O I would never let that happen. I have OCD, so I have to keep ALL music sorted by Artist and Album. I also MUST have all of the album art set up just right or it will bother me all day.

hauk 07-07-2008 08:32 AM

Is anybody like me anymore? I only buy and almost always listen to music as albums. I rarely use shuffle, and almost the only time I really listen to anything less than a chunk of an album is in a few playlists I have created (such as heavier or instrumental music type lists which I do shuffle or some others I listen to in order). I just feel like all the artists I like are good enough to put out full albums worth of good music, so I rarely skip songs with any amount of regularity. I don't like the radio or the radio mentality of grab the top song from each album. But then again I still prefer to buy CDs so maybe I'm just weird. Anybody else weird like me?

crdirtRider856 07-07-2008 08:43 AM

I guess I m weird then. I dont think I ve ever used shuffle mode on anything. The funny thing is... while looking at the posts I have repeatedly found myself clicking on different artists as if it would play. So far it hasnt worked.

stasz 07-07-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauk (Post 456186)
Is anybody like me anymore? I only buy and almost always listen to music as albums. I rarely use shuffle, and almost the only time I really listen to anything less than a chunk of an album is in a few playlists I have created (such as heavier or instrumental music type lists which I do shuffle or some others I listen to in order). I just feel like all the artists I like are good enough to put out full albums worth of good music, so I rarely skip songs with any amount of regularity. I don't like the radio or the radio mentality of grab the top song from each album. But then again I still prefer to buy CDs so maybe I'm just weird. Anybody else weird like me?

I only buy albums as well. Never got that radio thing either, except for XM's 60s station which I can't stop listening to. I just like shuffle because I get bored of listening to songs in the same order over and over.

asht89 07-07-2008 05:18 PM

way too many to post, about 19000 roughly, 80gb. Got lots of rock, funk, fusion, jazz, metal and instrumental stuff mainly. some pop in there too. All i need now is a decent ipod to get it all on as mine is only 30gb lol.

Bernhard 07-07-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crdirtdider856 (Post 456193)
The funny thing is... while looking at the posts I have repeatedly found myself clicking on different artists as if it would play. So far it hasnt worked.

On my mMac here it works - Mac is great.

Bernhard

stasz 07-07-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernhard (Post 456294)
On my mMac here it works - Mac is great.

Bernhard

Same on mine. I've been listening to your guys' music for free all week! lol.

crdirtRider856 07-08-2008 05:40 AM

Are you serious?!!!! I was actually kidding but if this is is true-----I NEED A MAC!!!!

hauk 07-08-2008 04:41 PM

Oh yeah, it's true. I'm on my PC right now but on my Mac it works like a charm. A nice way to sample your guys' tastes.

stasz 07-08-2008 04:47 PM

Yeah, I can play people's drums in Your Gear, too. Man Bernhard's ludwigs sound nice!! ;)

Mediocrefunkybeat 07-08-2008 04:51 PM

I'm also finding this on my Mac... ;-)

crdirtRider856 07-09-2008 12:45 AM

Great! so if I get a Mac I can play boomcrashbang's red monster kit? And I can also control the volume and play past 10:00?

noirengineer 07-09-2008 01:15 AM

i have an ipod, but most of the stuff i have on it i don't listen to..
and i'm always listening to new music, but some of my fav's
neil young, old post-punk from 80's, echo bunnymen, sonic youth,
gustav mahler, tom waits, radiohead, old surf music.. etc.

rhydianjlewis 07-09-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauk (Post 456186)
Is anybody like me anymore? I only buy and almost always listen to music as albums. I rarely use shuffle, and almost the only time I really listen to anything less than a chunk of an album is in a few playlists I have created...

Why do you think that just because people store music on their computers or MP3 players, they only listen to it on shuffle? Almost all my music is on my PC but i almost never use shuffle, except maybe to find an album i wish to listen to.

rhydianjlewis 07-09-2008 01:44 AM

And dot_Anthem, what OS are you running? looks interesting...

TheGroceryman 07-09-2008 02:04 AM

oh Gruntersdad i just noticed you have eumir deodato....i thought i was the only one. they're incredible. have you seen their cover of black dog on youtube, their guitarist shreds like you've never seen before, at least ive never seen anything like before in my life....its unreal...and they're cover of rhapsody in blue...oh god amazing...

and am i like the only one who's a fan of muse?? they're so good!

rhydianjlewis 07-09-2008 03:34 PM

Nice to see some Mew on someone's list.

Well done grunters :)

My library is organised in WIndows Media Player, but not in the folders, i might get round to posting it when i can find a good way of doing it.

dot_Anthem 07-09-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhydianjlewis (Post 456908)
And dot_Anthem, what OS are you running? looks interesting...

Windows XP. I am just using a shell replacement called SharpE. It eliminates the Start menu completely, I love it. You right click on the desktop and get a menu that would be in place of your Start menu.

hauk 07-11-2008 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhydianjlewis (Post 456905)
Why do you think that just because people store music on their computers or MP3 players, they only listen to it on shuffle? Almost all my music is on my PC but i almost never use shuffle, except maybe to find an album i wish to listen to.

I didn't mean to imply that everybody who listens to music on their computer uses shuffle: I put all of my music on my computer, whether I buy it online or as a CD and rarely use shuffle as well. I just mean that along with digital music and buying single songs, shuffle seems to be one of the most common ways to listen to music lately.

Unfortunately, even though I much prefer CDs and miss holding the case and the lyrics and the art in my hand, I have realized that it just makes much more economical sense to buy online. I do that for most bands, but for my favorites I still buy only CDs and just have to deal with the cost. I wish it was practical to buy only CDs.

Of course my iPod has a place, for listening when mobile there's no way CDs can compare.

volume_3 07-11-2008 11:14 PM

The majority of my music is on my iPod, this is everything since i got a new computer:

(Im pround of everything, incl Amy Winehouse)

iTunes file only:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...iTunesFile.jpg

crdirtRider856 07-11-2008 11:35 PM

Some good stuff there. Minus the Bear! :D I cant get anybody I know to listen to 'em. I think they re really cool though.

rhydianjlewis 07-12-2008 02:13 AM

A collection to be proud of volume_3.

wheres mogwai?