DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drummers (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Aaron Gillespie (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39543)

drums4pie 06-21-2008 07:29 AM

Aaron Gillespie

he's really inspiring and he's also one of my favorite drummers along with derek roddy.

if ya dont know who he is he's the drummer for underoath

-Nirvana- 08-15-2008 07:16 PM

Aaron Gillespie

Anyone like UnderOath, or listen to The Almost (his side project band)?
He writes the songs for UnderOath and The almost and plus he sings for UnderOath while behind the kit (witch is hard). Does anyone else like Aaron Gillespie as a drummer?

Here are some awesome vids of Aaron Gillespie from Meinl..

In Regards to Myself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbz32nGAkNg

Its dangerous buisness walking out your front door.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvEVp...eature=related

watch them and coment what you think about him..

Phil...

monkeypoo 09-12-2008 11:29 AM

Re: Aaron Gillespie

I love him!! UnderOath are awesome!!
He's blind in one eye and colour blind in the other but he's awesome!!

Ainulindale 02-05-2009 05:20 AM

Underoath are an awsome band and Gillespie is the heart and soul, the man plays with such raw power and brings such intensity to every song Underoath plays, he's a good singer in his own right as well!

he admits himself that he's not a technical drummer, arms and legs flying, swinging to hard and wrecking cymbals that are'nt heavy and 20" plus - he brings heart to the drums and the music he plays - and that is more than enough for me!

Tank322 02-06-2009 04:49 AM

Finally! a Aaron Gillespie thread underoath is my favorite band and hes my favorite drummer

joshisaces 02-06-2009 06:04 AM

He's one of my favorite drummers. Along with Matt Greiner!!! He is my insperation though I'm not even a quarter as good as he is :)

r41157 05-20-2009 12:33 AM

First post on the forum, and it just had to be in ode to the great Aaron!

Underoath, in my personal opinion are possibly one of the best most technical and enjoyable to listen to bands in existence today. They're Only Chasing Safety is the best album I have ever heard, and the only album on which I LOVE every song. I make people who arn't into screamo music listen past the screamo elements and just concentrate on how brilliantly put together the song is musically, how amazing the guitar riffs are, how killer the drum grooves are and how inspiring the melodies are.

Aaron, as someone has said already, is the heart and soul of the band. Not discounting the others in the band as they are all super talented, but Aaron really adds so much passion to the music. His singing leaves a little to be desired live when hes playing at the same time, but who can blame him for that?!

He's a hard hitter, and I love how he leans on his snare to get more power into the cymbal he's attacking on the more powerful songs. I love that his drumming is simple but yet hard to replicate in places. I play in a very similar style to him, but no where near as well. His mix of simple, punchy and rhythmic grooves and fast, powerful, choppy fills really makes all the songs the band create.

Aaron is a drummer who deserves a lot more recognition than he gets. He's not only an accomplished and talented drummer, but also a very talented guitarist, bassist, keyboard player, synth player and lyric/song writer with a sound grasp of music.

His side project The Almost, of which he writes almost all the parts of every song, is brilliant but really does lack his power and soul behind the drum kit.

Bloodlinejake 05-20-2009 12:37 AM

yeah aarons what got me into hxc drumming.
one of my favs

joshisaces 05-20-2009 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodlinejake (Post 576929)
yeah aarons what got me into hxc drumming.
one of my favs

Same here. Along with Daniel Williams. I love what he did on the new album.

Conner 06-25-2009 05:04 AM

aaron gillespie is an awesome drummer.
so is daniel williams.

Conner 06-25-2009 05:58 AM

yeah. i really like both the bands he is in.
he is and awesome person.

idk alex 08-10-2009 02:54 AM

Love Aarron, he is a good guy, lives probably ten miles from me. I love his style so creative and unique.
But come on guys daniel williams? Seriously, he is nothing special IMO, just some kid who sounds like every other hardcore drummer, plus his band and fans went to shit.

freebirdgdw 09-01-2009 01:27 AM

Love Aarons playing! he's not super technical but as someone said, he plays with heart.

didn't know he was blind in one eye and colour blind in the other.

Ive done a couple of underoath covers. check out my youtube channel in my signature.

andrwduran89 09-14-2009 04:47 AM

Aaron is rad! I also love his style. weird beats. no matter the time signature. Its insane in the membrane. DRUMMERWORLD ADD AARON GILLESPIE OF UNDEROATH TO THIS SITE! ASAP! STAMP IT! POST IT! WHATEVER ADD HIM!!! ASAP LIKE A SNACK WRAP!!!