DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   opinions on this Band (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38638)

spides666 05-22-2008 06:19 AM

opinions on this Band

http://www.myspace.com/bloodsugarsexmagikband

Just started up a Chili Peppers Tribute Band, very early days............video up on our site, would appreciate muso's opinions..........

We are considerably tighter since this rushed video we had t odo for Management......

thanks

FourOnSix 05-22-2008 07:21 AM

Re: opinions on this Band

bands not bad but the singer doesn't do the job for me... maybe it was just the video quality?

spides666 05-22-2008 07:33 AM

yeah unfortunately that is one of the concerns........

maddrummr 05-23-2008 02:28 AM

Right now for me the sound hasn't seemed to "matured" but i'm sure that will happen through time as you guys play together more.

Deathmetalconga 05-23-2008 03:14 AM

You all need to wear fewer clothes and contort your faces more if you really want to be taken seriously as an RHCP cover band.

Also, if you're going to play covers, maybe think of an original name or one that band insiders would know. I heard a Black Sabbath tribute band called Bit of Finger and it's a great name if you know about Black Sabbath. Another Black Sabbath band is called Pissed At Ringo. Naming yourselves after their most popular album seems too obvious.

Sorry to sound so mean, but as you can tell, I'm not too fond of cover bands, although I do credit you with the 'nads to put yourselves up here for comment. You guys are technically proficient enough to play other stuff - maybe even your own stuff. Do you do any original music at all?

FourOnSix 05-23-2008 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spides666 (Post 441457)
yeah unfortunately that is one of the concerns........

sucks man, its gonna be hard to find someone who can do what anthony does, but then again it was probly pretty hard to find people who can do what Flea, John, and Chad do too... RHCP are an effin' hard band to cover well, cause everybody knows them, and everybody knows how good they are. When I saw them play with the Mars Volta a year and a half ago there well all kinds of people there middle-aged, little kids, teen-agers, young adults, you name it there were there. I wish you luck with this though man...

burnthehero 05-23-2008 05:41 AM

If your singer wasn't so flat, you guys might have something special.

spides666 05-23-2008 07:05 AM

yeah that is the problem, the singer for me is a bit flat, and Deathmetalconga remember this is a tribute band, not a covers band. there is a big difference, but your right mate........we went with this name because we want to appeal to the masses, as in even people who half like the Chili's............radio fans to hardcore, here's our set list, covers from the beginning to the present

Can’t Stop

Get On Top

Hump de bump / American Ghost Dance

Aeroplane

Stone Cold Bush

Scar Tissue

Pretty Little Ditty

Soul to Squeeze

The Zephyr Song

Knock Me Down

Universally Speaking / Parallel Universe

Road Trippin’

Breaking The Girl

Californication

I Could Die For You

My Friends

Snow (Hey oh)

Cabron

By The Way

If You Have to Ask

Blackeyed Blonde

Coffee Shop

Around The World

Walkabout

Funky Monks

Flea Fly

Out In L.A. / Get Up and Jump

Subterranean Homesick Blues

Catholic School Girls Rule

Me and My Friends

Venice Queen

Under The Bridge

Give It Away

Suck My Kiss

Higher Ground

Fire

Fouronsix your right and one of the problems is the singer is such a nice bloke and full of drive, he's really kept this going...........I seem to be the only one who thinks the singers voice maybe a concern!!!!

Any other comments, I agree and at at least you guys have been constructive so far, thanks for that

FourOnSix 05-23-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spides666 (Post 441698)
yeah that is the problem, the singer for me is a bit flat, and Deathmetalconga remember this is a tribute band, not a covers band. there is a big difference, but your right mate........we went with this name because we want to appeal to the masses, as in even people who half like the Chili's............radio fans to hardcore, here's our set list, covers from the beginning to the present

Can’t Stop

Get On Top

Hump de bump / American Ghost Dance

Aeroplane

Stone Cold Bush

Scar Tissue

Pretty Little Ditty

Soul to Squeeze

The Zephyr Song

Knock Me Down

Universally Speaking / Parallel Universe

Road Trippin’

Breaking The Girl

Californication

I Could Die For You

My Friends

Snow (Hey oh)

Cabron

By The Way

If You Have to Ask

Blackeyed Blonde

Coffee Shop

Around The World

Walkabout

Funky Monks

Flea Fly

Out In L.A. / Get Up and Jump

Subterranean Homesick Blues

Catholic School Girls Rule

Me and My Friends

Venice Queen

Under The Bridge

Give It Away

Suck My Kiss

Higher Ground

Fire

Fouronsix your right and one of the problems is the singer is such a nice bloke and full of drive, he's really kept this going...........I seem to be the only one who thinks the singers voice maybe a concern!!!!

Any other comments, I agree and at at least you guys have been constructive so far, thanks for that

the part that sucks is that he's not that bad, but he's not that good either... It might work with him if he can let loose a little bit more. It seems like he's trying to hard to imitate Anthony and not putting anything of his own on there. He's not going to be Anthony and you aren't going to be Chad. You seem to know that, maybe you should let him in on it?

spides666 05-23-2008 07:58 AM

yeah it seems more technique than anything, if he doesn't have a mic he sings pretty good, get the band blasting then he's pushing his voice to be heard or not letting the mic do the work and that is when it goes to ground..............literally

Deathmetalconga 05-25-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spides666 (Post 441704)
yeah it seems more technique than anything, if he doesn't have a mic he sings pretty good, get the band blasting then he's pushing his voice to be heard or not letting the mic do the work and that is when it goes to ground..............literally

This kind of thing happens when everyone in the band buys instruments and accessories guaranteed to "cut/punch/blast/slash through the rest of the band." Something has to give and often it's the vocalist.

The RHCP have a lot of finesse as musicians and relied as much on technique and mood as raw volume. You guys need to play together a lot more and discuss your volume balance but you could attain that kind of polish, where you vocalist could concentrate more on singing and less on yelling.

Raxz Slim 05-25-2008 08:10 PM

Sure everyone complained about the vocals, but that's one hell of a cool bass player dude!